Miscellaneous Loroi question-and-answer thread

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Tamri

Re: Miscellaneous Loroi question-and-answer thread

Post by Tamri »

Bamax wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:25 pm
If Loroi eat a lot of stuffed fried food then they either all have fast metabolisms or obese Loroi are a reality!
They have more effective metabolism than humans. I don't saying they cannot get fat but, in general, our obesity problem arises from the fact that our body don't know what doing whis a so much calories. Liron was may come up with what doing to this aspect of body.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Tamri wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:20 pm
Bamax wrote:
If Loroi eat a lot of stuffed fried food then they either all have fast metabolisms or obese Loroi are a reality!
They have more effective metabolism than humans. I don't saying they cannot get fat but, in general, our obesity problem arises from the fact that our body don't know what doing whis a so much calories. Liron was may come up with what doing to this aspect of body.

Fun possible story fact (if Arioch is feeling silly), all that extra fat is burned off via telepathy!

They can burn fat via sanzai!

Imagine how much more fat Mizol and Tempo burn with their telekinesis!

That one meal a day is likely a huge one lol.

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

Bamax wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:48 pm
Fun possible story fact (if Arioch is feeling silly), all that extra fat is burned off via telepathy!

They can burn fat via sanzai!

Imagine how much more fat Mizol and Tempo burn with their telekinesis!

That one meal a day is likely a huge one lol.
IIRC, Loroi telepathy and psychokinesis doesn't use body energy, anyway no more than common mind effort.

gaerzi

Post by gaerzi »

Bamax wrote:
With a single meal per day, they probably avoid such problems.
Tamri wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:20 pm
They have more effective metabolism than humans. I don't saying they cannot get fat but, in general, our obesity problem arises from the fact that our body don't know what doing whis a so much calories.
Mostly our problem is that we eat more and exercise less than what our species is adapted for.

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

gaerzi wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:15 pm
Mostly our problem is that we eat more and exercise less than what our species is adapted for.
That what i said. Earlier our body had no opportunity to to eat many calories for regular, at least - in population scale. But, in really short period (for evolution) we began to eat more, and doing less of physical activity... and our body doesn't know, what doing for this bunch of calories.

Dan Wyatt

Post by Dan Wyatt »

So.....
Cloud is dead?

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

Based on the Beryl's phrase - yes.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Dan Wyatt wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:55 pm
So.....
Cloud is dead?

Beryl's words did not directly imply Cloud's death.

Alex mentioned 8 of them. So that's...

1. Fireblade
2. Tempo
3. Talon
4. Beryl
5. Spiral
7. Reed
8. Flint

Oh... I guess she did in a way. Since 9 would imply cloud being alive.

Plus cloud is no where in the farsensing panel, anf she could not survive without being taken prisober on the umiak ship.

So shevis eithet dead or awaiting executoion after intrrrogation.

gaerzi

Post by gaerzi »

Alex said "eight of you", Beryl didn't confirm or deny, she just said that only a few of the Umiak were tough guys, and the rest were no match to the combined might of Tempo and Fireblade, so they have their chance as long as the Umiak do not scuttle the ship first.

Mk_C

Post by Mk_C »

Bamax wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:04 pm

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

Bamax wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:04 pm
1. Fireblade
2. Tempo
3. Talon
4. Beryl
5. Spiral
7. Reed
8. Flint
Why do you hate the number six, Bamax?

Zorg56

Post by Zorg56 »

Cloud...
It is obvious that she is ded, but Alex probably didnt realised it yet.
He will probably see her body on the way out.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

The Loroi we've seen so far are all front-line soldiers on hazardous duty with supply lines that are questionable at best; they don't have a lot of opportunity to get fat. I also think there's a limit to how fat a front-line soldier can get without her peers or superiors intervening.

Also, if you're tailoring genes, I don't think starvation is a major consideration; therefore, storing a lot of fat is not a beneficial trait in an ultra-tech civilization.

Stiil, I don't vary the shapes of Loroi figures as much as I should; you don't have to be fat to have different shapes. I find it hard to do, since I want to make everything look good, and skintight bodysuits are not very forgiving in this regard. There are scenes in the future of groups of Loroi who are not front-line soldiers (and who may not necessarily be wearing skintight bodysuits), and I will have an opportunity to work on this.

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

Arioch wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:38 am

...Stiil, I don't vary the shapes of Loroi figures as much as I should; you don't have to be fat to have different shapes. I find it hard to do, since I want to make everything look good, and skintight bodysuits are not very forgiving in this regard. There are scenes in the future of groups of Loroi who are not front-line soldiers (and who may not necessarily be wearing skintight bodysuits), and I will have an opportunity to work on this.
Can't wait to see more of loroi culture! ;) Will this include civilian loroi in the comic?

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Snoofman wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:24 am
Arioch wrote:

...Stiil, I don't vary the shapes of Loroi figures as much as I should; you don't have to be fat to have different shapes. I find it hard to do, since I want to make everything look good, and skintight bodysuits are not very forgiving in this regard. There are scenes in the future of groups of Loroi who are not front-line soldiers (and who may not necessarily be wearing skintight bodysuits), and I will have an opportunity to work on this.
Can't wait to see more of loroi culture! ;) Will this include civilian loroi in the comic?
Loroi males are strictly civillians by law, so yes.... judging by preview pics of Loroi males he has drawn.

Werra

Post by Werra »

Arioch wrote:
The Loroi we've seen so far are all front-line soldiers on hazardous duty with supply lines that are questionable at best; they don't have a lot of opportunity to get fat. I also think there's a limit to how fat a front-line soldier can get without her peers or superiors intervening.
Are shipboard Loroi really frontline fighters in this regard? They aren't infantrymen.
Arioch wrote:
Stiil, I don't vary the shapes of Loroi figures as much as I should; you don't have to be fat to have different shapes. I find it hard to do, since I want to make everything look good, and skintight bodysuits are not very forgiving in this regard. There are scenes in the future of groups of Loroi who are not front-line soldiers (and who may not necessarily be wearing skintight bodysuits), and I will have an opportunity to work on this.
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=frazetta+wome ... &ia=images Or if I may suggest, you can get a lot of inspiration from female olympic athletes. The convenience here is that they are already sorted into body types by occupation. You can also keep them in skintight suits. All of us will be very understanding.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Werra wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:57 pm
Arioch wrote:
Are shipboard Loroi really frontline fighters in this regard? They aren't infantrymen.
If you look at photos of the crews of WWII US Navy combat vessels that saw a lot of action (like destroyers and cruisers), you won't see many fat sailors.

Werra

Post by Werra »

Arioch wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:43 pm
If you look at photos of the crews of WWII US Navy combat vessels that saw a lot of action (like destroyers and cruisers), you won't see many fat sailors.
You didn't see many fat people in general back then. That wasn't specific to sailors.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Werra wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:54 pm
Arioch wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:43 pm
You didn't see many fat people in general back then. That wasn't specific to sailors.
Different generation, most of which is dead or dying now. Different culture. Different technology. Different food. Different habits.

I wager people were a bit less sedentary than the cellphone zombies of today who are up and coming.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Well, also a population coming out of the Great Depression.

Roughly analogous to having been at war for 25 years.