Reply to topic  [ 928 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38
Miscellaneous Terran question-and-answer thread 

Post Re: Miscellaneous Terran question-and-answer thread
Are there still Crusher-type vessels being built or operated, or were they banned following the TCA charter?
Another thing I've just realised looking at a map of TCA space is that about half of it is WAY outside the trade lanes to Aldeea and Esperanza (the half accessible through Alpha Centauri). What gives?

Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:51 am
Site Admin

Mr.Tucker wrote:
Are there still Crusher-type vessels being built or operated, or were they banned following the TCA charter?

Large, fast civilian vessels still exist, and it's still illegal to arm them, but now there is a military fleet to enforce this rule that outclasses them, instead of just smaller police frigates that couldn't do much more than yell "Stop! Or I'll shout 'stop' again!"

Mr.Tucker wrote:
Another thing I've just realised looking at a map of TCA space is that about half of it is WAY outside the trade lanes to Aldeea and Esperanza (the half accessible through Alpha Centauri). What gives?

I don't think I understand the question. The map represents a region that humanity has explored, and can sometimes be found operating in. Only six worlds in four of these systems have planetary colonies, but numerous others have small outposts, both temporary and permanent. Some will be TCA listening posts to monitor the frontier, some will be scientific expeditions to study different types of stars and planets, and a few will be commercial operations (probably most involved in resource gathering).

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:17 am
Profile WWW

Jakelope13 wrote:
Do humans still use rockets to send things from planets into orbit, or do we use orbital elevators/cannons?

Have we figured out how to make power armor?
Breast Actives

And what kind of hand-weapons do we use? Like, projectile weapons, or do we have energy weapons (lasers, or plasma) as well?

Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:25 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 928 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38