Miscellaneous Loroi question-and-answer thread

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Murica

Re: Miscellaneous Loroi question-and-answer thread

Post by Murica »

wasp609 wrote:If human females are typically afraid of spiders I wonder how a loroi female would react.
Probaly somewhere along the lines of either awwww cute or dust of and nuke from orbit

Murica

Post by Murica »

That and chocolate, I mean most chicks get nasty if you take chocolate from them. I mean in house full of women be warry of taking that last Hershey bar from the fridge, even if you bought it![/quote]

Would about ice cream have we thought about their reaction to it.[/quote]

That too man oh god they'll probably enslave the human race to make us constantly give them Ice cream and chocolate :lol:[/quote]
And those began the 1st chocalate war which ended in the 4th human uprising and forged the current valintine deal were every February 14th humans send a large chocalate tribute in exchange for the loroi telling other spiecies that there our valintine

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Murica wrote:
That and chocolate, I mean most chicks get nasty if you take chocolate from them. I mean in house full of women be warry of taking that last Hershey bar from the fridge, even if you bought it!

Would about ice cream have we thought about their reaction to it.[/quote]

That too man oh god they'll probably enslave the human race to make us constantly give them Ice cream and chocolate :lol:[/quote]
And those began the 1st chocolate war which ended in the 4th human uprising and forged the current valintine deal were every February 14th humans send a large chocolate tribute in exchange for the loroi telling other spiecies that there our valintine[/quote]

Yes the Valentine treaty, it also benefits humanity as the loroi put on the lingerie humans send with the chocolate and have sex with the human in question in compliance with the terms of the treaty.

Murica

Post by Murica »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Murica wrote:
That and chocolate, I mean most chicks get nasty if you take chocolate from them. I mean in house full of women be warry of taking that last Hershey bar from the fridge, even if you bought it!

Would about ice cream have we thought about their reaction to it.
And those began the 1st chocolate war which ended in the 4th human uprising and forged the current valintine deal were every February 14th humans send a large chocolate tribute in exchange for the loroi telling other spiecies that there our valintine[/quote]

Yes the Valentine treaty, it also benefits humanity as the loroi put on the lingerie humans send with the chocolate and have sex with the human in question in compliance with the terms of the treaty.[/quote]
Yes but only to humans who donate double the reguler amount of chocalate along with nice smelling plants

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Yes the Valentine treaty, it also benefits humanity as the loroi put on the lingerie humans send with the chocolate and have sex with the human in question in compliance with the terms of the treaty.[/quote]
Yes but only to humans who donate double the reguler amount of chocalate along with nice smelling plants[/quote]

Lucky me I have a rose garden!

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

CrimsonFALKE wrote: Lucky me I have a rose garden!
What makes you think roses smell good to Loroi warriors? :?

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

GeoModder wrote:
CrimsonFALKE wrote: Lucky me I have a rose garden!
What makes you think roses smell good to Loroi warriors? :?
Ah its part of the valentine treaty? :o

saint of m

Post by saint of m »

Don't for get the kittens. Word of God here says that would make a killing selling them to Loroie settlements.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

On it you know I have a Korat and a Russian Blue can you imagine how cute the babies these two cats would make!

Murica

Post by Murica »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:On it you know I have a Korat and a Russian Blue can you imagine how cute the babies these two cats would make!
My cat is white and brown with bunny soft fur and very buetiful blue eyes...she also regularly lays ambushes and hit and run attacks on me or my sisters cat...I think the loroi would appreciate her

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

There`s a reason dogs are man`s best friend.
I think Dogs is a pretty cool guy. Eh plays fetch and doesnt afraid of anything.

Wouldn`t the Loroi prefer an animal that has being used in battle before, is renown for loyalty and will never stab you in the back to an animal that barely tolerates your presence?
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Well dogs mostly can be used in ground combat but the story has no ground war.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Charlie wrote:There`s a reason dogs are man`s best friend.
I think Dogs is a pretty cool guy. Eh plays fetch and doesnt afraid of anything.

Wouldn`t the Loroi prefer an animal that has being used in battle before, is renown for loyalty and will never stab you in the back to an animal that barely tolerates your presence?
Any old dog won't do. You need to get a doge.
Don't delay, join today!

discord

Post by discord »

charlie: the reason why house cats would be such a hit among loroi is the lack of something cute, fuzzy, social and reasonably intelligent as a pet among the loroi..... and independence would probably be something loroi appreciates, the question though, are cats smart enough to recognize loroi as human substitutes or would the difference in smell/body heat/something else make'em go 'WTF is this thing?' and not like them....

Alexandr Koori

Post by Alexandr Koori »

On the one hand dogs more suitable in starship because if engines will be damaged big dog can be used like food.
But cats better)

I remember about trees crabs. Does have loroi plush toy crabs?

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:Well dogs mostly can be used in ground combat but the story has no ground war.
Well, I'd not say NO ground war... just not much. As we have seen from the comic thus far in Alex's impromptu tour of the ship... all those Soroin were carrying deadly looking SMG style weapons... I doubt they were for show. If there was NO ground warfare I doubt they would see the need to have a weapon that seems very much like a SMG for room to room close assault... like we use SMG's {though this is admittedly a bit of conjecture}.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

discord wrote:charlie: the reason why house cats would be such a hit among loroi is the lack of something cute, fuzzy, social and reasonably intelligent as a pet among the loroi..... and independence would probably be something loroi appreciates, the question though, are cats smart enough to recognize loroi as human substitutes or would the difference in smell/body heat/something else make'em go 'WTF is this thing?' and not like them....
Also, they don't poop everywhere.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

discord wrote:charlie: the reason why house cats would be such a hit among loroi is the lack of something cute, fuzzy, social and reasonably intelligent as a pet among the loroi..... and independence would probably be something loroi appreciates, the question though, are cats smart enough to recognize loroi as human substitutes or would the difference in smell/body heat/something else make'em go 'WTF is this thing?' and not like them....
I'm fairly certain that as long as the Loroi showed proper respect and made sufficient offering the cats would allow them to worship. They may insist that the Loroi get lap warmers if the difference in body heat is sufficient though, whether or not the Loroi would understand the clearly stated demands of their superiors is up for debate.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Arioch wrote:
Also, they don't poop everywhere.
That and a cat is like instantly liter trained all you have to do is show the cat its liter box and its trained in a snap.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

sunphoenix wrote:
CrimsonFALKE wrote:Well dogs mostly can be used in ground combat but the story has no ground war.
Well, I'd not say NO ground war... just not much. As we have seen from the comic thus far in Alex's impromptu tour of the ship... all those Soroin were carrying deadly looking SMG style weapons... I doubt they were for show. If there was NO ground warfare I doubt they would see the need to have a weapon that seems very much like a SMG for room to room close assault... like we use SMG's {though this is admittedly a bit of conjecture}.

I've seen loroi infantry weapons those guns of their look like carbines or a PDR not an SMG. Although some confuse carbines and PDRs for SMGs.