Miscellaneous Loroi question-and-answer thread

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

CrimsonFALKE

Re: Miscellaneous Loroi question-and-answer thread

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Arioch wrote:
Mackus wrote:Wait, do male Loroi have better control of their bodies than human men? Wouldn't that be useless, even harmful from evolutionary point of view? Better to err on other side, having an erection when no sex, rather that failing to perform when there is occasion to do so (even if unwillingly...).
Are you suggesting that a human male would normally become aroused if a woman attempted to have sex with him against his will? If he's aroused, can it really be said that the sex is against his will? It's true that there's almost no evolutionary benefit for a male to refuse sex, which is one of the reasons why males almost never refuse sex. Which is why it's hard to imagine the situation. If a male refuses sex with a female it's usually because he has no sexual interest in the prospective partner, and if he has no interest, there's not much the female can to do force the situation.

Actually erections can be obtained when a man is unconscious, or drugged. Its largely mechanical and not something men can control like a practiced behavior such as throwing a punch in boxing

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:Actually erections can be obtained when a man is unconscious, or drugged. Its largely mechanical and not something men can control like a practiced behavior such as throwing a punch in boxing
I can only imagine what it must be like to be sexually assaulted, to be beaten and subdued physically... I would expect it to be humiliating in the extreme, and I cannot possibly imagine being sexually aroused by such abuse.

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Arioch wrote:
CrimsonFALKE wrote:Actually erections can be obtained when a man is unconscious, or drugged. Its largely mechanical and not something men can control like a practiced behavior such as throwing a punch in boxing
I can only imagine what it must be like to be sexually assaulted, to be beaten and subdued physically... I would expect it to be humiliating in the extreme, and I cannot possibly imagine being sexually aroused by such abuse.
I'd have to double check but I'm fairly sure it`s an automatic response to any stimuli.
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

cacambo43

Post by cacambo43 »

Arioch wrote:
Mackus wrote:Wait, do male Loroi have better control of their bodies than human men? Wouldn't that be useless, even harmful from evolutionary point of view? Better to err on other side, having an erection when no sex, rather that failing to perform when there is occasion to do so (even if unwillingly...).
Are you suggesting that a human male would normally become aroused if a woman attempted to have sex with him against his will? If he's aroused, can it really be said that the sex is against his will? It's true that there's almost no evolutionary benefit for a male to refuse sex, which is one of the reasons why males almost never refuse sex. Which is why it's hard to imagine the situation. If a male refuses sex with a female it's usually because he has no sexual interest in the prospective partner, and if he has no interest, there's not much the female can to do force the situation.
Uhm... Yes, Arioch, that can and does happen. It's an involuntary automomic reaction to a stimulus, but the male can be very much opposed to the situation and it is considered rape. Normally in such a situation the man would have to be restrained somehow first. You can look it up if you want.

CJSF

CptWinters

Post by CptWinters »

We have such lovely conversations... :?

wasp609

Post by wasp609 »

you should sit in my criminal justice class, you can feel the akward. by the I wonder how a loroi male would react in a group of humans males. undoubtedly it would most likely end in a drinking contest.

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Or open animosity, formed of an inferiority complex. I can just see it now;
"Wait, you been with how many women exactly? And they come to you?"

saint of m

Post by saint of m »

Charlie wrote:Or open animosity, formed of an inferiority complex. I can just see it now;
"Wait, you been with how many women exactly? And they come to you?"

Or at a time.

"What you can handle how many women at a time and still have a healthy pulse/still stand/not dog tired for the next month?"

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Logical conclusion: literal dick-waving contest. LBJ WINS ON BEHALF OF HUMANITI.
Don't delay, join today!

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

After searching for Beards and Loroi. I discovered that Loroi males can`t grow beards, Loroi females look oddly manley with beards and fanfic about beards isn`t that great.

Alex won`t grow a beard due to medical face zapping.
I don`t think Loroi would be surprised by beards, but how would both the females and males feel about them. Would they both feel differently?
I only ask because I just started growing a beard.

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Male loroi need to have beards. MOVEMBER AND THE UNIX BEARD MUST REMAIN UNIVERSAL CONSTANTS
Don't delay, join today!

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

What are the personality and strategy settings for the Loroi and the other races? I am guessing with the Loroi it is ruthless, but I am just curious.

Diplomacy/Aggression
There are six settings for personality, which determine the diplomatic style of AI-controlled races.

1) Ruthless: Ruthless leaders attack with little or no provocation and will sacrifice starships and people to achieve their goals.
2) Erratic: Erratic leaders are unpredictable. One year they may be peaceful, the next year they will go to war over any excuse.
3) Aggressive: Aggressive leaders will attack any time they reach a favorable position.
4) Pacifistic: Pacifistic leaders are eager to maintain peaceful relations. They rarely attack. When at war, they will sue for peace more rapidly.
5) Honorable: Honorable leaders will not attack those they are on good terms with. They react twice as strongly to unprovoked attacks and sabotage.
6) Xenophobic: Xenophobic leaders distrust everyone, halving the effects of positive diplomacy and doubling the diplomatic penalties of hostile actions.

Production Emphasis
There are six settings for strategy, which determine the production emphasis of AI-controlled races.

1) Diplomats: Diplomats concentrate on trade with allies and espionage with enemies. They seek a balance between military buildup, ecological maintenance, and technological research.
2) Militarists: Militarists seek to develop weapons technology. They will build and maintain a large star fleet at all times.
3) Technologists: Technologists focus resources on research, seeking to advance their knowledge in all areas.
4) Ecologists: Ecologists emphasize improving their environment. They concentrate research on planetology and construction, while prioritizing terraforming projects.
5) Industrialists: Industrialists emphasize factory construction. They prioritize research into areas that will increase production capacity.
6) Expansionists: Expansionists hunger for territory. They emphasize propulsion and planetology technology and the building of colony ships. They tend to be aggressive in border disputes over recently settled lands, but hold less interest in attacking well defended worlds.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Charlie wrote:I don`t think Loroi would be surprised by beards, but how would both the females and males feel about them. Would they both feel differently?
As you mention, neither Loroi gender grows facial hair, so it would certainly be an oddity... like having hair growing out of the middle of your forehead, or something equally bizarre. It would certainly get some strange looks, but as to whether it was attractive or repulsive, I think this would depend on the personal aesthetics of the individual.
Grayhome wrote:What are the personality and strategy settings for the Loroi and the other races? I am guessing with the Loroi it is ruthless, but I am just curious.
The Loroi are "honorable" in the sense that they do not attack friendly nations without cause, are protective of their allies, and react very strongly to betrayal. They are aggressive toward declared enemies but will respect an honest opponent; they despise deception, and so can be ruthless toward enemies that feign friendship or change allegiances.

Production goals really depend on government, which changes over time; at some times the Loroi have been expansionist, and at other times isolationist. They are certainly militaristic in terms of maintaining a large fleet, but this also requires investment in industry and research.

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

That is very insightful, thank you for the reply.

wasp609

Post by wasp609 »

If human females are typically afraid of spiders I wonder how a loroi female would react.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Arioch wrote:

well I honestly don't even know how this subject started

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

wasp609 wrote:If human females are typically afraid of spiders I wonder how a loroi female would react.
That and chocolate, I mean most chicks get nasty if you take chocolate from them. I mean in house full of women be warry of taking that last Hershey bar from the fridge, even if you bought it!

wasp609

Post by wasp609 »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
wasp609 wrote:If human females are typically afraid of spiders I wonder how a loroi female would react.
That and chocolate, I mean most chicks get nasty if you take chocolate from them. I mean in house full of women be warry of taking that last Hershey bar from the fridge, even if you bought it!

Would about ice cream have we thought about their reaction to it.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

wasp609 wrote:
CrimsonFALKE wrote:

Would about ice cream have we thought about their reaction to it.
That too man oh god they'll probably enslave the human race to make us constantly give them Ice cream and chocolate :lol:

wasp609

Post by wasp609 »

oh gods marshmallows, we forgot about marshmallows.