Page 160: Hold this

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Jethreuel

Page 160: Hold this

Post by Jethreuel »

volrath77

Re: Page 160: Hold this

Post by volrath77 »

Well, Spiral sure works fast. Cuddle Nap time!

Arent

Post by Arent »

Am I just now reading a science fiction story about space elves building a pillow fort? :mrgreen:

entity2636

Post by entity2636 »

Arent wrote:Am I just now reading a science fiction story about space elves building a pillow fort? :mrgreen:
LOL indeed :D Anyone else wondering if loroi are familiar with the concept of a pillow fort?

And by the way, I just noticed that Alex's loroi-issue suit has a white band across the left shoulder (I assume it's the rank insignia of a Tenoin Narrat (Ensign), same as Spiral's rank, which would mean Alex is wearing Spiral's spare suit... :shock: ) while Spiral has the same white band across her right shoulder. Coincidence/minor mistake, or?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Neither. The markings are different.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Pane 4#...

How...sensual. Poor Alex...
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I can only imagine that Reed is sending Spiral somethought like, "Now you're just showing off." :P

Not that Alex is liable to understand the significance of the saii.

Also, I only just noticed, but are those pillow things actually part of the seats from up front? I wonder if they also double as flotation devices. ;)

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Hmm, I wonder if all Loroi armor's are 'one piece' like Spiral's or it's just the design of the Tenoin flight suits to be like that.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Hmm a Lorori getting somewhat naked how nice this could be awkward. Enzin what is that poking objecting you have there?

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:Hmm a Lorori getting somewhat naked how nice this could be awkward. Enzin what is that poking objecting you have there?
I suspect loroi have a pretty good idea of what a poking object is, considering the description of their males.

Voitan

Post by Voitan »

Jardin will avoid becoming a literal bed warmer by convincing the Loroi to a heated pillow fight free for all.

CF2

Post by CF2 »

I think Alex has just turned away to grant Spiral privacy while changing out of her hardsuit, only to see three other Loroi similarly trying to put on a show.

danuis

Post by danuis »

Now the glomping and poomfing begins. I'm imaging a den of hyenas all sleeping together in a pile. But - less murderous and more welcoming. At least save Fireblade*.

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

I suspect a lot of warmth preserving physical contact incoming. That will have interesting effects on their sanzai, even if they take turns just sucking up heat from Alex avoiding each other since we now know he actually do have some form of ability considering page 134.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

CF2 wrote:I think Alex has just turned away to grant Spiral privacy while changing out of her hardsuit, only to see three other Loroi similarly trying to put on a show.
Yep... THIS is my guess as well! lols! Poor Alex... these Loroi women are going to give him a heart attack... that or low-blood sugar! 'snicker'

{guess he'll have to get some sugar from another source... tee-hee!}
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Voitan

Post by Voitan »

Just occured to me, what if Jardin unknowingly accepted a social proposal by accepting the necklace?

novius

Post by novius »

Voitan wrote:Just occured to me, what if Jardin unknowingly accepted a social proposal by accepting the necklace?
Thinking along the same lines. And I'm quite undecided whether Alex's expression in the last panel translates to "WTF?" or "*gulp*".... Both would fit quite well.

novius

Post by novius »

I wonder how much of this is orchestrated by, say, Tempo. After all...
  • When they opened the hatch after being hit, Tempo directed all the Loroi to their respective tasks, with Beryl ending up with Alex. So far, noting out of ordinary.
  • Then, Talon shows up. With the thermal suit, but perhaps to check up on these two, as a secondary purpose?
  • After she was being pushed out through the hatch, courtesy of Beryl and Alex's notion of 'privacy', lo and behold, the whole crew of the shuttle shows up.
And still, Tempo seems to prefer staying out of Alex's sight. And seemingly handing last minute instructions to Beryl. Given this page, I'd expect it something like "Don't let him find a reason to turn all of us away".

Loroi do seem to have fewer notions of modesty, given Beryl's reaction to Alex's concept of 'private space'. Perhaps Tempo thinks she could hit two birds with one stone - first, provide for some morale-raising distraction to the Loroi and, second, grabbing Alex by his proverbial balls?

Could be that the Construct did pick up on some Loroi scheming but grossly misinterpreted the situation. Or not. "Grave personal danger" could be read in many ways. :)

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Sweforce wrote:I suspect a lot of warmth preserving physical contact incoming. That will have interesting effects on their sanzai, even if they take turns just sucking up heat from Alex avoiding each other since we now know he actually do have some form of ability considering page 134.
Fan-service on the day I turn 184?? (current date in comic is 22 July 2160)*
Would be a gift I'll be glad to take early!

Anyway, this comicc is not meant to go that way,so, back to more likely topics:

Once Alex relaxes, his defence seems to crumble, or at least show some gaps.
Especially when in contact to a "conductor" (page 134).
Will be interesting when he sleeps in such tight contact with the Loroi.
But the difference in body temperature might make this rather uncomfortable for either side. Might only work with a blanket in-between to buffer the temperture difference.

* to give an indication of how the comic time flows compared to the time for our readers: the bellarmine entered the Naam system just 8 calendar days ago! (page 2) Might be a day more, considering the Bellarmien entered just after midnight, and now it's bed-time. So 9 days of action/inaction since the Bellarmine entered the Naam system.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

Krulle wrote:Once Alex relaxes, his defence seems to crumble, or at least show some gaps.
Especially when in contact to a "conductor" (page 134).
Will be interesting when he sleeps in such tight contact with the Loroi.
But the difference in body temperature might make this rather uncomfortable for either side. Might only work with a blanket in-between to buffer the temperture difference.
You're saying he'll be brought up on sexual assault charges after relentlessly trying to "turn off that damn light"? Flipping knobs and whatnot?