Page 148 - responsible radio silence

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: Page 148 - responsible radio silence

Post by Arioch »

SVlad wrote:By the way, does Talon think that "Enzin" is Alex's personal name?
Yes. Enzin means "guardian" in Trade, which is essentially what the name "Alexander" translates into.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Arioch wrote:
Luge wrote:Is it me or Has Beryl lost weight? And maybe some height?

Compare the shape of her head in the bottom right panel of page 20, page 24 or page 104 to page 148.

In all those pages Beryl looks directly at the "camera" and the shape of her head seems a bit stretched compared to earlier panels. Maybe it's the lighting and hair style change?
Pages 20-24 were done about 16 years ago, and my style has changed a lot since then. Beryl in particular has some pretty cringeworthy renditions in the early pages.

By page 104, however, her face shape is fairly consistent. I think having her hair up just makes her face look thinner.

104/148 superposition:

Wow 16 years that is awesome.

cacambo43

Post by cacambo43 »

Arioch,

When I click on "Next" on page 148, it's taking me to the TBC page with the merloroi circling, instead of 149. Is that a cache issue (I've tried resetting/refreshing) or just an oversight on your part?

CJSF

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

cacambo43 wrote:When I click on "Next" on page 148, it's taking me to the TBC page with the merloroi circling, instead of 149. Is that a cache issue (I've tried resetting/refreshing) or just an oversight on your part?
It was caused by the server rollback. Should be fixed now, thanks for pointing it out.

raistlin34

Post by raistlin34 »

Maybe I'm overthinking the page, but is Beryl truly that adorable, or is she deliberately using mannerism that a human male would find "cute"? If it is the second option, how can she know how to "act" in such a way?

volrath77

Post by volrath77 »

She's just that adorable. One thing is noticeable: she is more spontaneous compared to the others. More open in displaying her emotions. Why? Don't know for sure. Is it her natural disposition or is it something that is common to all members of the Listel caste? Or perhaps she acts in such a manner on Stillstorm's orders (perhaps maybe Tempo's) to gain the trust of the weird pink alien male?

Mithramuse

Post by Mithramuse »

I think she's also just that young, no? She's 14 years old per the GURPS template (I know that doesn't mean exactly the same as a 14 year old Earthling, but definitely indicates a lack of life experiences), plus the Xenophilia trait so presumably she is much more actively interested in finding out more about anything about Alex than any of the others.

And also apparently gets a bit jealous when someone else (like Talon) finds out something she didn't already know, like handshakes on page 116. :lol:

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

Tact among Loroi seems to be something they have to train for, like Tempo. I'd bet that Beryl is one of the few Loroi who is genuinely excited to be around and learn more about Alex on a personal level as well as professional.

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

volrath77 wrote:She's just that adorable. One thing is noticeable: she is more spontaneous compared to the others. ...
Beryl is definitely the kinda cute you want to take in your arms and love to exhaustion.. lol.
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Indeed.
But I fear that my condition would mean she's just warming up (being a trained soldier on active duty, with genetically enhanced metabolism), and I would be beyond exhausted and might have to think about calling a cardiologist....
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

raistlin34 wrote:Maybe I'm overthinking the page, but is Beryl truly that adorable, or is she deliberately using mannerism that a human male would find "cute"? If it is the second option, how can she know how to "act" in such a way?
Sounds like you may have just answered your own question.

orion1836

Post by orion1836 »

Beryl: weaponized adorableness.