[RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

A spot for collections of Outsider-related original fan fiction and related works.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Beliskner

Re: [RP]Cydonia Rising (OOC)

Post by Beliskner »

Hi
If I may ask all players for favor. For sometime I see problem with text colors and styles. Can we make final rules about them?

everyone can sent me number of his char color text and I will write it down in this post (sparing everyone new post in this topic).

Actual colors:
Hadrid Ferox - FF0000
Kvasir Rockwool - 004000
Charles Aldridge - 808000

Secondly:

We use BOLD text for spoken parts
We use {no bold} for thinking
We use {BOLD} for speaking in mind(loroi)

[] - English language
"" - Trade language

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

The NPCs I use, simply use Bold Black when talking or sanzaing, with [] for speech and {} for sanzai.
OOC comments are written with BF0000 by me.
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

Mizol Losat Malidasaria — #0087BD

I use "double quotes" for normal speech
I use 'single quotes' for whispering &c
I use ‹single guillemets› for thoughts
I use «double guillemets» for telepathy
Don't delay, join today!

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Hey guys really nice story you've got going here. I'm exited to read what unfolds next (Awesome characters).

But would someone be nice and set me straight cause i feel a bit lost in the narrative.

First: Do the Humans know now that they are loroi and telepathic? if this is the case then ignore the second question.

Second: How can they not figure out that they are telepathic when the information provided by the orgus clearly states that the loroi are mysterious and telepathic in contrast to the insectoid umiak?
I hate to be that guy but it should already be stated after two seconds of contact (Jardin). Hell it would take me the maximum of four seconds to pop the question after concluding that they were not umiak.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Humans don`t know how far their powers extend. We don`t even know whom among them if any could be TKs.

It`s like pointing at a rock, and saying it`s a rock. Sure we see it`s a rock, but we still don`t know the weight of said rock. And as we don`t have psychic of our own to make assumptions, our information is limited. Besides the communicating with out vocalizing, which up to this point nobody on the ship has seen, what else would we be able to identify them with?
No sorcery lies beyond my grasp. - Rubick, the Grand Magus

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Jericho wrote:Hey guys really nice story you've got going here. I'm exited to read what unfolds next (Awesome characters).

But would someone be nice and set me straight cause i feel a bit lost in the narrative.

First: Do the Humans know now that they are loroi and telepathic? if this is the case then ignore the second question.

Second: How can they not figure out that they are telepathic when the information provided by the orgus clearly states that the loroi are mysterious and telepathic in contrast to the insectoid umiak?
I hate to be that guy but it should already be stated after two seconds of contact (Jardin). Hell it would take me the maximum of four seconds to pop the question after concluding that they were not umiak.
LOL! All valid points fella! The humans have simply not poped the question... the humans have not asked if they are telepathic and the Loroi have not volunteered that fact.

Yes, the humans have been told that they are indeed the Loroi... but have not mentioned telepathy though indeed you are correct the Orgrus did mention that the Loroi are telepathic as a species. It seems to me the humans my not be making the connection that all the loroi silence in their interaction in the lunch bay... though indeed the Mizol requested that the Loroi speak as much "Trade" as possible in front of the humans as possible.

I'll admit I'm a little surprised none of the human players have mentioned it... lol!

In fact Stormrage would not have revealed that she knew how to speak english if the XO had not spoken to the humans in english in their first encounter with her. So Storm figured...well that secret is out of the bag.. in for a penny in for a pound.

I know that if confronted with a direct question.. Storm for her part would not deny that they are telepathic ...though she would closely conceal until it was absolutely unavoidable that the loroi could not read the humans around them.

It is also possible that the human crew know that the loroi are telepathic but may be thinking that its only a thing they can do between each other... or perhaps they have a SciFi vison of the idea thinking it works like out of star trek where the vulcans must touch to read someone's mind. Heck its possible they have simply over looked what they are supposed to know .. not too surprising Humanity has NO understanding or experience with powers of the mind they may not realize just how formidable such powers can be.. and the Loroi have not gone out of their way to show them any such power.

The idea that powers of the mind could be a destructive and powerful as what Stormrage can do is likely something the humans would find totally unbelievable until they witnessed it ... truly thay have NO IDEA what a Teidar is... nor that any weapon in her hand is merely a distraction from just how dangerous she is buck-naked! She can kill with a thought... I'm sure that would terrify them if they knew.. hence what Stormrage has concealed her powers totally!

All the humans see is sexy space elf girls... lol!
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

sunphoenix wrote: All the humans see is sexy space elf girls... lol!
ever seen a 115 pound girl take down a 195 pound jock...I have...In my experience women who carry guns, and can fight are slightly more dangerous than any man their size.

and probably after some serious experience with combat trained women..and women in general..I can be pretty certain Roland would never underestimate a sexy, green eyed, blue skinned lady...

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

LOL! Love the interaction! Bel please do not change your character! :)

Ferox adds soo much to the story! :)

... I'm currently waiting for a post from Nelo before I post again.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Yes, please don`t. I'd then have to be the "bad guy" and that would be silly.

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

Thanks. hope you like it.

Ferox is a bit rough on edges but no one considers him a bad guy.. I hope

Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Nah, exactly what I would expect of a Commander - pragmatism. I have a more idealistic view if things, I tend to give them a benefit of the doubt.

Senanthes

Post by Senanthes »

Sorry I'm sporadic on the posts at times. And yeah, don't change the character. No matter what, I'll roll with it. Nel's supposed to be pragmatic as well, so we've got two card players glaring at each other over hands they may or may not have. I love it. :)

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Well, very nice roll playing going on, great job!
And if there is ever a play based on A Christmas Carol aboard Cydonia, we all know who will have to play the Ebenezer Scrooge... :lol:

@Jericho:
Glad you like it.
I would say that the Humans know that the Loroi are telepathic, as you said, Jardin figured that out in almost no time. However, there a various forms of telepathy in human stories and there has been no pure silent discussion between the Loroi, that the humans could have observed. They Loroi players were very clever, trying to hide that, I have to say. Also, I don´t think the Orgus informations were very precise on what the Loroi could to with those powers.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Beliskner wrote:Thanks. hope you like it.

Ferox is a bit rough on edges but no one considers him a bad guy.. I hope
LOL!! Goodness No...ferox is not the "Bad Guy"! :)

I don't think we have seen the 'bad guy' in Outsider yet. I don't feel the Umiak are the "Bad Guy" any more than the humans or Loroi are necessarily the good guys. They are merely different political views and just like any earth bound nation they each seek the dominance and prosperity of their stellar nation... nothing more. They merely each go about it in different fashions.

Stormrage is a product of her Loroi Union upbringing... so to her the Umiak are the ultimate implacable enemy - Evil.

But that is not necessarily the case. The insider states that the Umiak do use more draconian and direct menas ...but that do have races in their heirarchy that are almost autonomous with their own battle fleets. Just like the Loroi... just like humanity has had from one time or another in our more savage past... or even not so different present.

I don't think Arioch has revealed the "bad guy" of the series just yet! :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

Alltough the information that the orgus provided is both unbelievable and unreliable. I would say that the lack of comments on the subject is somewhat surprising. It's almost like no one was briefed on the subject by TCA command (that is something human players may want to think about).

And second: Would it be okay to interview characters behind the scenes here? If so would anyone be interested? It could be a fun thing while players wait to continue the plot. I imagine them commenting on the current plot and other characters from a third person perspective.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

Beliskner

Post by Beliskner »

I have no problem with that.

About TCA knowledge about aliens. I'm not sure how much information about aliens is accessible for public and soldiers(hard a difference in XXII century) . Saying that 'there are aliens who are killing each other and anyone on their path' may trigger global panic and anarchy. So government keep as much knowledge as possible to prevent it...

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Sure! That would be awesome...hehe! :)

And as for human crew knowledge about the aliens. The Cydonia is not a scout ship. Her crew is not expressly seeking the aliens... they were posted as watchdogs looking for any encroaching alien presence in systems nearby to TCU space... waiting for some responce from their few scout ships sent out. I'm sure the Scout ship crews were fully informed about everything known about the aliens. Likely only the Captain and the XO of the Cydonia know the full story on what the Orgrus told the Colonial Command... again following along with Bel's supposition.

War-like, dangerous, far-advanced, massive empires of aliens - one side huge insect-like 'bugs' and the other a telepathic race of conquerors... who both allow no neutral parties in their galaxy-wide war of extermination - would likely fan paranoia among the human masses to a seething fervor!

I could see the TCU keeping a good amount of that data from the rank and file.
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Interviews with the characters? That sounds interesting, I think.
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

Suederwind wrote:Interviews with the characters? That sounds interesting, I think.
Yes it does! :)

I might suggest this format... You as the interviewer come up with 20 or so questions and pm them to the players. Then we post back what our characters responses would be IN-Character then you reply with the interviewer's reaction and secondary responses or questions. Then we reply one more time and you reply with an end reaction.

Three interchanges in total. Then we put them all together and clean up the script a bit and post them in complete in a new thread [RP]Cydonia Rising (Interviews)! :)
PbP:
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

That sounds good to me. What do the others think?
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]