Banner Login

If you have issues or comments about the forums or website, post them here.
Mayhem

Banner Login

Post by Mayhem »

I usually login via the form in the banner ("logo-row") which redirects you to the board index rather than the page you were previously viewing.

Would it be possible to change this?

(I visit my "Outsider Discussion" bookmark, login in to see what has changed and get redirected to the board index.)

Thank you.

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: Banner Login

Post by Arioch »

If by "banner" you mean the Well of Souls logo at the top left, I don't know of a way to make the link dynamic.

You can avoid having to log in each visit by choosing the "log me in automatically each visit" checkbox. There's no harm in doing this, except that other people can see you're logged in, and you can prevent that by choosing the "Hide my online status" feature from Board Preferences >> Edit Global Settings page in the user control panel.

Mayhem

Re: Banner Login

Post by Mayhem »

For some reason the checkbox wasn't working for me.
It seems my browser was treating the forum cookies as 3rd party cookies and deleting them at browser close.
I think I have managed to fix this now.

What I was referring to was that when logged out, every page has, at the top right, a login form that redirects to the board index.
Getting this to redirect back to the page you are already on can be done by adding something like
<input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="$GLOBALS['HTTP_SERVER_VARS']['REQUEST_URI']">
the relevant php code. (Somebody who actually programs in PHP would know for sure.)

Now that I think about it I could have written a small Greasemonkey script to do it for me and not bothered you.
Sorry about that. :oops:
Particle beam cannons are mass drivers :D
Fireblade's character sheet: '-1: Telepathically "talks" in sleep' 8-)