Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 160: Hold this 

Post Page 160: Hold this
New page up. https://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider160.html

Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:38 am

Post Re: Page 160: Hold this
Well, Spiral sure works fast. Cuddle Nap time!

Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:43 am

Am I just now reading a science fiction story about space elves building a pillow fort? :mrgreen:

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:13 am

Arent wrote:
Am I just now reading a science fiction story about space elves building a pillow fort? :mrgreen:

LOL indeed :D Anyone else wondering if loroi are familiar with the concept of a pillow fort?

And by the way, I just noticed that Alex's loroi-issue suit has a white band across the left shoulder (I assume it's the rank insignia of a Tenoin Narrat (Ensign), same as Spiral's rank, which would mean Alex is wearing Spiral's spare suit... :shock: ) while Spiral has the same white band across her right shoulder. Coincidence/minor mistake, or?

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:50 am
Site Admin

Neither. The markings are different.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:58 am
Profile WWW

Pane 4#...

How...sensual. Poor Alex...

[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:41 am

hi hi

I can only imagine that Reed is sending Spiral somethought like, "Now you're just showing off." :P

Not that Alex is liable to understand the significance of the saii.

Also, I only just noticed, but are those pillow things actually part of the seats from up front? I wonder if they also double as flotation devices. ;)

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:33 am
Profile WWW

Hmm, I wonder if all Loroi armor's are 'one piece' like Spiral's or it's just the design of the Tenoin flight suits to be like that.

Looking forward to the mirror (Delayed editing)
Reforged (Irregular updates)
The Pale Horse (Completed, could use some editing)

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:37 am

Hmm a Lorori getting somewhat naked how nice this could be awkward. Enzin what is that poking objecting you have there?

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:04 pm

CrimsonFALKE wrote:
Hmm a Lorori getting somewhat naked how nice this could be awkward. Enzin what is that poking objecting you have there?

I suspect loroi have a pretty good idea of what a poking object is, considering the description of their males.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Jardin will avoid becoming a literal bed warmer by convincing the Loroi to a heated pillow fight free for all.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:55 pm

I think Alex has just turned away to grant Spiral privacy while changing out of her hardsuit, only to see three other Loroi similarly trying to put on a show.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:27 pm

Now the glomping and poomfing begins. I'm imaging a den of hyenas all sleeping together in a pile. But - less murderous and more welcoming. At least save Fireblade*.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:32 pm

I suspect a lot of warmth preserving physical contact incoming. That will have interesting effects on their sanzai, even if they take turns just sucking up heat from Alex avoiding each other since we now know he actually do have some form of ability considering page 134.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:58 pm

CF2 wrote:
I think Alex has just turned away to grant Spiral privacy while changing out of her hardsuit, only to see three other Loroi similarly trying to put on a show.

Yep... THIS is my guess as well! lols! Poor Alex... these Loroi women are going to give him a heart attack... that or low-blood sugar! 'snicker'

{guess he'll have to get some sugar from another source... tee-hee!}

[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:00 pm

Just occured to me, what if Jardin unknowingly accepted a social proposal by accepting the necklace?

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Voitan wrote:
Just occured to me, what if Jardin unknowingly accepted a social proposal by accepting the necklace?

Thinking along the same lines. And I'm quite undecided whether Alex's expression in the last panel translates to "WTF?" or "*gulp*".... Both would fit quite well.

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:20 pm

I wonder how much of this is orchestrated by, say, Tempo. After all...

• When they opened the hatch after being hit, Tempo directed all the Loroi to their respective tasks, with Beryl ending up with Alex. So far, noting out of ordinary.
  • Then, Talon shows up. With the thermal suit, but perhaps to check up on these two, as a secondary purpose?
  • After she was being pushed out through the hatch, courtesy of Beryl and Alex's notion of 'privacy', lo and behold, the whole crew of the shuttle shows up.

And still, Tempo seems to prefer staying out of Alex's sight. And seemingly handing last minute instructions to Beryl. Given this page, I'd expect it something like "Don't let him find a reason to turn all of us away".

Loroi do seem to have fewer notions of modesty, given Beryl's reaction to Alex's concept of 'private space'. Perhaps Tempo thinks she could hit two birds with one stone - first, provide for some morale-raising distraction to the Loroi and, second, grabbing Alex by his proverbial balls?

Could be that the Construct did pick up on some Loroi scheming but grossly misinterpreted the situation. Or not. "Grave personal danger" could be read in many ways. :)

Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:42 pm

Sweforce wrote:
I suspect a lot of warmth preserving physical contact incoming. That will have interesting effects on their sanzai, even if they take turns just sucking up heat from Alex avoiding each other since we now know he actually do have some form of ability considering page 134.

Fan-service on the day I turn 184?? (current date in comic is 22 July 2160)*
Would be a gift I'll be glad to take early!

Anyway, this comicc is not meant to go that way,so, back to more likely topics:

Once Alex relaxes, his defence seems to crumble, or at least show some gaps.
Especially when in contact to a "conductor" (page 134).
Will be interesting when he sleeps in such tight contact with the Loroi.
But the difference in body temperature might make this rather uncomfortable for either side. Might only work with a blanket in-between to buffer the temperture difference.

* to give an indication of how the comic time flows compared to the time for our readers: the bellarmine entered the Naam system just 8 calendar days ago! (page 2) Might be a day more, considering the Bellarmien entered just after midnight, and now it's bed-time. So 9 days of action/inaction since the Bellarmine entered the Naam system.

System view Leido Crossroads: page 123

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:09 am

Krulle wrote:
Once Alex relaxes, his defence seems to crumble, or at least show some gaps.
Especially when in contact to a "conductor" (page 134).
Will be interesting when he sleeps in such tight contact with the Loroi.
But the difference in body temperature might make this rather uncomfortable for either side. Might only work with a blanket in-between to buffer the temperture difference.

You're saying he'll be brought up on sexual assault charges after relentlessly trying to "turn off that damn light"? Flipping knobs and whatnot?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:33 am

Voitan wrote:

That's the seii from Her and Talon's diral is it not?

More a gesture of trust than a proposal, if so.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:50 am

Dahak wrote:
Voitan wrote:

More a gesture of trust than a proposal, if so.

Do we actually know that Spiral and Talon were in the same basic-training age group?

And wouldn't Talon, as the senior pilot, be more likely to possess that thing?

Of course, death rate being what it is, the odds are good that neither Spiral nor Talon were the ORIGINAL owners of that Seii, and it may have been gradually passed down to them as other members of their age-group were killed...

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:20 am

hi hi

Voitan wrote:
Maybe because he exists outside of the Loroi hierarchy, she's handing it off to him because she doesn't expect that he might keep it?

Dahak wrote:
Yup!

Krennson wrote:
Do we actually know that Spiral and Talon were in the same basic-training age group?

And wouldn't Talon, as the senior pilot, be more likely to possess that thing?

Of course, death rate being what it is, the odds are good that neither Spiral nor Talon were the ORIGINAL owners of that Seii, and it may have been gradually passed down to them as other members of their age-group were killed...
It's been confirmed by Arioch that Spiral and Talon were in the same diral, and are the last two surviving members of the group. (oops! my bad!)

Talon may be the senior pilot, but passing the saii is a personal ritual and probably means that Spiral was a closer friend than Talon was to its previous owner, rather than any formal issue of rank and skill. Or possibly that Spiral was the only one present when the transfer was made.

Last edited by icekatze on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:50 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Just to clarify, Talon and Spiral are not the last surviving members of their diral, but they are the last surviving members of the original squadron of 20 that was mostly drawn from the same diral, and which included the original owner of the pendant. (The squadron has since been reinforced with replacements from newer diral classes; the other surviving members of the seii are presumably deployed elsewhere.) The seii gets handed down to the previous owner's closest friend from the same diral and who is at hand; rank doesn't factor into it.

And yes, Talon and Spiral are from the same diral; all the diral members (in this particular case) have the same tattoo.

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:13 am
Profile WWW

In the last frame, Spiral's left hand seems to be missing. Also, her head appears (to me) to be at an odd angle to her torso. Anything out of the ordinary going on there? Bionic head removal, like the Borg queen?

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next