How Long Would Opto Last On Deinar VS Taben Pulling Pranks Like This?

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Bamax

How Long Would Opto Last On Deinar VS Taben Pulling Pranks Like This?

Post by Bamax »

I wonder how many days he can do this before the Loroi put an end to it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MWB8s7IbI0E

Humans put up with it because it's funny... but the Loroi... not so sure.

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: How Long Would Opto Last On Deinar VS Taben Pulling Pranks Like This?

Post by Arioch »

Telepathic communication precludes the kind of misinformation that this style of "humor" is based on.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Arioch wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:14 pm
Telepathic communication precludes the kind of misinformation that this style of "humor" is based on.
I know. I am saying if human males tried this how many days could they go on Deinar and Taben before the Loroi totally shut them down?

Any difference between how long or short they are tolerated between Taben and Deinar?

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

I think your answer would be not long at all... since what Loroi cannot mind read they don't think is a joke, and would not like such... deception. Not one bit They would laugh sure... tolerate it? I doubt it.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

How the Loroi would react would depend on the context of who the humans were and why they were there. The question sort of implies an assumption that when the war is over, humans will be allowed to run around unsupervised on Loroi worlds doing whatever they like... but that doesn't seem very likely.

If there was a Terran consulate on a Loroi world, I doubt the consulate would let their people run around and cause trouble. The local Loroi would presumably know there are aliens present and would probably try to allow for their strange behavior. However, pretending to pick fights with the host aliens would probably get the offender swiftly deported by the consulate, even if the Loroi never complained.