Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
page 180: Nightsky 

Post page 180: Nightsky
https://www.well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider180.html
Spoiler: show

I wonder if there is a connection evolving, as otherwise the specific details would not be explainable to that degree...

System view Leido Crossroads: page 123

Mon May 04, 2020 1:43 am

Post Re: page 180: Nightsky
Can't believe he didn't immediately ask if it was true!

*waves fist at Alex* :evil:

Mon May 04, 2020 2:38 am

Who would have thought that Fireblade is so soft on the inside...

Mon May 04, 2020 4:19 am

I think it has also to do with her experiencing a lot of peace, without fear of detection, after she got rescued in the Semoset campaign.

System view Leido Crossroads: page 123

Mon May 04, 2020 4:31 am

Imagine Fireblade's reaction when she finds out herselt as the only Loroi who can get into Jardin's mind. Which among other things means Tempo permanently assigning her as the human bodyguard.

Mon May 04, 2020 8:26 am

raistlin34 wrote:
Imagine Fireblade's reaction when she finds out herselt as the only Loroi who can get into Jardin's mind. Which among other things means Tempo permanently asignning her as the human bodyguard.

I will do you one better, their connection ending up being 'two way' after a while and she 'sees' what Alex thinks about.

Looking forward to the mirror (Delayed editing)
Reforged (Irregular updates)
The Pale Horse (Completed, could use some editing)

Mon May 04, 2020 8:29 am

dragoongfa wrote:
raistlin34 wrote:
Imagine Fireblade's reaction when she finds out herselt as the only Loroi who can get into Jardin's mind. Which among other things means Tempo permanently asignning her as the human bodyguard.

I will do you one better, their connection ending up being 'two way' after a while and she 'sees' what Alex thinks about.

What Alex thinks about. :lol:

Mon May 04, 2020 10:04 am

dragoongfa wrote:
raistlin34 wrote:

"Fantastic, a constant mental view of my own ass"
Dammit, I promised my self not to go there anymore.

Mon May 04, 2020 10:21 am

boldilocks wrote:
dragoongfa wrote:
raistlin34 wrote:

You are going to love page 181

Mon May 04, 2020 10:33 am

dragoongfa wrote:
boldilocks wrote:
dragoongfa wrote:

You are going to love page 181

On it Alex going to be confused by mental image of his own naked ass from medbay! :D

Mon May 04, 2020 11:21 am

Jagged wrote:
Can't believe he didn't immediately ask if it was true!

*waves fist at Alex* :evil:

It would have been kinda cool if he had asked whether she had an eye injury at that time.

On the other side, it would also make the Loroi more mistrustful.

Mon May 04, 2020 12:57 pm

I think the others know Alex is “hearing” Fireblade, and they are curious.....

Mon May 04, 2020 5:58 pm

Murph wrote:
I think the others know Alex is “hearing” Fireblade, and they are curious.....

Doesn't need to be. It could simply be that they all know of Fireblade's past - after all, her specific kind of PTSD makes everyone else know as soon as they bunk together - and the sidelong glances of Talon and Spiral are sort of a "welp, now it takes a darker turn. A pity." .

Mon May 04, 2020 9:51 pm

Oddly specific... Yes. Though I m wondering if Fireblade is alone at this image as in most memories I have from myself arent viewed from outside from my body. With loroi telepathy, when you are close to someone, you propably could build memories from connected senses.

Tue May 05, 2020 12:22 am

bunnyboy wrote:
Oddly specific... Yes. Though I m wondering if Fireblade is alone at this image as in most memories I have from myself arent viewed from outside from my body. With loroi telepathy, when you are close to someone, you propably could build memories from connected senses.

Actually, many times even personal memories are recalled in a third person perspective, rather than first person. This is because the scene isn't recorded as if being recorded by a camera in your head, your mind just puts down 'key points', like the fact that you offered the ring with a proposal at that given moment, and then reconstructs the scene on the fly. Like, how did the restaurant look like back then, how did you look like, together with your old hairstyle, and so on and so forth.

And given the way the mind works, the "camera position" becomes "unlocked" and allows the conscious mind to revisit the scene in its entirety.

With Fireblade, she surely had seen herself in a mirror and pretty much attaches this image of herself to the given time period between her injury and the reconstructive surgery, or whatever Loroi do as a treatment.

Tue May 05, 2020 1:48 am

I hope the connection is one-way, receive only just for the novelty of it.
But pretty certain they know that Jardin's got some mindlink to Fireblade and I can't wait to see how that plays out. Fireblade's been background way too long.

Tue May 05, 2020 6:12 am

If it's one way (Fireblade to Alex) then they don't know anything because there is no tangible proof about it. Fireblade doesn't receive anything to pass along, so they can't make that connection. Tempo could, perhaps, infer that Alex may be receiving something due to his facial expression but Occam's razor is against this 'theory' because the simplest answer in regards to Alex's reactions is that the 'alien' is simply being an 'alien'.

If they had mental proof of a connection then they would have immediately asked him for his cooperation in doing some simple experiments in order to 'probe' the extent of said connection.

EDIT: If it was me writing this story then they would start suspecting that something is going on when an asleep Alex starts hugging the 'warmest' thing in reach; which is 'furnace like' as we have already established from way back at page 18.

Tue May 05, 2020 7:22 am

Even if Alex begins to suspect, maybe he won't be on a hurry to let the Loroi know they can actually overcome his lotai to a degree, if mindprobed hard enough.

Tue May 05, 2020 9:45 am

raistlin34 wrote:
Even if Alex begins to suspect, maybe he won't be on a hurry to let the Loroi know they can actually overcome his lotai to a degree, if mindprobed hard enough.

He'd definetly have to weigh it up against the warning he got to tell the loroi as little as possible.

Tue May 05, 2020 11:08 am

So, from the 'Telepathy' section of the Insider:

Quote:
Loroi telepathy has varying effects in regard to non-Loroi alien subjects. No known alien is truly telepathic, and so aliens may not transmit telepathic messages or experience the true depth of the Loroi skin-to-skin telepathic link. However, most intelligent alien species do generate a mental signature that can be detected by Loroi telepaths, and it is possible for Loroi to send a telepathic message to or use other telepathic abilities on an alien subject, though this often requires actual physical contact.

From this, it looks like its no extra-ordinary thing Alex might have picked up something of a telepathic message from a Loroi.
Could be he's in on Fireblade's 'message' towards Tempo/rest of the party, because of the earlier 'attack' of Fireblade on him back in the medical bay aboard Tempest (some kind of permanent link established), or an attempt of Tempo to find out if he can pick up more then just the spoken message.
The most extra-ordinary here (from the Loroi's point of view) would be they cannot in return 'sense' him through Sanzai.

Tue May 05, 2020 2:10 pm

If Fireblade's memory is from the capital and not her homeworld, is Beryl snitching? Or is Jardin stealing information somehow?

Tue May 05, 2020 2:28 pm

DCR wrote:
If Fireblade's memory is from the capital and not her homeworld, is Beryl snitching? Or is Jardin stealing information somehow?

I don't know. There is a Trope called Crouching Moron Hidden Badass (you can find it on TV tropes, Red from Overly Sarcastic Productions did a video on it).

Essentially its a character, usually comic relief, that seems like a complete idiot or goofball but when the chips are down are epicly competent.
Basically there are a few types:

Appears as a goof but that is only what they show to others. On one hand it may make their friends at ease and their enemies underestimate them, or it maybe a dark and trouble past and they would like to get past it. Think Ang or Iroh from Avitar: the Last Airbender, Batman when he is in Bruce Wayne Mode, Vash the Stampeed in Trigun.

Sometimes is a split in personality with the gentle side often being braindamaged anime girl and the other personality murder on two legs. See early Incredible Hulk or if you can do it not in a public place, Elfin Leid.

THe Manchild: Basicly they are both badass side and goofball side. One does not detract from the other, and they can do both rather well. See most depictions of the Flash and Dick Greyson Robin/Nightwing, Goku from Dragon Ball, Dante from Devil May Cry, Tidus from Final Fantasy X, and any given member of the Reds and Blues from Red vs Blue.

Basicly, I think Jardin is trying this. This allows him to get inforation out of the blue space babes without them noticing, and poke the bear a bit without looking like he is.

I am also guessing from the one detail about the scar on her eye, that maybe some of our fan theories of Fireblade might have gotten into Alex's head more ways than one might be coming true.

Tue May 05, 2020 7:53 pm

SaintofM wrote:

Basicly, I think Jardin is trying this. This allows him to get inforation out of the blue space babes without them noticing, and poke the bear a bit without looking like he is.

I am also guessing from the one detail about the scar on her eye, that maybe some of our fan theories of Fireblade might have gotten into Alex's head more ways than one might be coming true.

I'm thinking Jardin said something accurate about Fireblade's memory that Fireblade didn't broadcast to the other Loroi.

Tue May 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Oh man did mind melding really have no effect on him

Tue May 05, 2020 11:16 pm

hi hi

Incoming memory that's not the type you want to hear about...

I know that fabricated memories are a troublesome thing when it comes to human brains, but I get the feeling that it isn't what Alex is experiencing right now. My money is on Fireblade having left something behind during the interrogation.

Wed May 06, 2020 11:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next