Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 131: The one in which we learn how Loroi swear 

Post Page 131: The one in which we learn how Loroi swear
Someone needs to wash Talon's mouth out with soap I think.

Sun May 13, 2018 11:00 pm

Post Re: Page 131: The one in which we learn how Loroi swear
We'll there are a few times you are really happy to be wrong! Fantastic page :D!

Sun May 13, 2018 11:25 pm

So are loroi swears usually two words?

Sun May 13, 2018 11:37 pm

Good to see that cowardice is a universal trait.

Mon May 14, 2018 12:00 am

Jericho wrote:
We'll there are a few times you are really happy to be wrong! Fantastic page :D!

I second this in regard to my interpretation of Talon's expression over at the WIP thread! And - ROFL at Talon cursing :lol: Truly *Khaaaaaaaannnnn*

Wonder where she's headed now... For the starbase at the Azimol jump zone?

Last edited by entity2636 on Mon May 14, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 14, 2018 12:03 am

Piss artist... is this what i think it is or a pure coincidence? :D

Mon May 14, 2018 12:04 am

These pages have been like sequential cliff hangers as the situation grows increasingly dire.
I wonder if going silent and hiding near the star is an option, in the event that humiliating them into action and rerouting to rendezvous sooner doesn't work.

Mon May 14, 2018 12:19 am

First, morale seems that low since Clearbrook decided to bail out, ignoring direct orders. That would be reason enough for a court martial.

Second... Does Talon kiss with that mouth of hers?

Third... Loroi are a bit inexperienced at audible speech, so I'm pretty sure her sanzai has even more salient terms mixed in. :)

Fourth... If Tempo missed the action, I'm quite sure she's awake by now. Quite a set of lungs on Talon, and if her voice didn't do the trick, her thoughts might have done it.

Mon May 14, 2018 12:34 am

novius wrote:
First, morale seems that low since Clearbrook decided to bail out, ignoring direct orders. That would be reason enough for a court martial.

Ignoring orders is not the case. Stillstorm ordered all non-combatants to exit via the nearest jump point on Page 127
http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider127.html

Edit: added what next...

Shutting off propulsion to conserve fuel leads the Highland-7 to coast in the direction of the rendez vous point. That's dangerous because the bugs are coming. Using fuel to change course will deplete the remainder of the fuel reserve. The crew will have to choose wisely.

Last edited by Zarya on Mon May 14, 2018 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon May 14, 2018 12:52 am

novius wrote:

Aside from the fact that the orders are ambiguous (they should seek clarification from command, though), if they escape and everyone else in the system dies, nobody will know they disobeyed orders. They may even get a medal for warning the other systems.

Mon May 14, 2018 12:54 am

She is right, though.
Extinct nations have no need for embassies.

And priority one right now is repelling the current attack wave, and this requires that the alarm is carried as fast and far as possible.

And if Alex is stuck in this system, chances are higher that his expertise can shine and convice the Loroi that he's not an agent of the Umiak. (nearly wrote Umgah...)

System view Leido Crossroads: page 123

Mon May 14, 2018 1:14 am

Krulle wrote:
And if Alex is stuck in this system, chances are higher that his expertise can shine and convice the Loroi that he's not an agent of the Umiak. (nearly wrote Umgah...)

How would the Loroi deal with the dnyarri? Would they end up like the Ur-Quan, or would they be more resistant (and maybe able to dominate the Ur-Quan as easily as the dnyarri did)

Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 am

Well, the Loroi seem more like the Syreen to me.
I fear their telepathy would make them vulnerable to Dnyarri, and thus they may end up like the Ur-Quan.
Which could result in pinkish and greenish Loroi.
Would also be interesting.

Hello fellow Frungy-Lover!

(For those not knowing: Frungy is the sport of Kings)

System view Leido Crossroads: page 123

Mon May 14, 2018 4:56 am

I predict in next pages Tempo will enter the cabin (maybe even drag Alex to camera) and... "persuaded" Clearbrook.
"Follow your goddamn orders. This is your final warning."
"Oh sh- okey, my bad."

Mon May 14, 2018 5:01 am

Chekist_Felix wrote:
I predict in next pages Tempo will enter the cabin (maybe even drag Alex to camera) and... "persuaded" Clearbrook.
"Oh sh- okey, my bad."

I suspect they will either end up on the white haired girl's cruiser or there are some other factions lurking around (historians, the blue thingies oder even some cloaked Darlok :P) that will come to their rescue.

Mon May 14, 2018 5:31 am

Am I the only one who finds that Talon using the term "Bloody coward" to be an coincidence? I mean terms and phrases are often locally based and that is a very "English/ Commonwealth" colloquialism. Were the Loroi a British colony at one point? They drink tea, control a "Union/ commonwealth" or should I say are "part" of one, and they have an Empire that aims to crush any would be upstarts who would threaten their power until some one else proves they might be a bit better at it. I am not saying anything but Rule Loroi, Loroi rules the space.

Mon May 14, 2018 5:43 am

Arent wrote:
Chekist_Felix wrote:
"Oh sh- okey, my bad."

I suspect they will either end up on the white haired girl's cruiser or there are some other factions lurking around (historians, the blue thingies oder even some cloaked Darlok :P) that will come to their rescue.

White-haired girl? What are you talking about? Girl?

CJSF

Mon May 14, 2018 6:45 am
Profile WWW

D1ff3r3nt wrote:
Were the Loroi a British colony at one point?

Not only the Loroi, mate, the bloody English, they are everywhere!

It looks like that at this point the commander of the Clearbrook does not fear a court martial, because she's either quite sure she won't survive long enough or maybe even the Union won't.

On the other hand, that could be plain, old fashioned mutiny. Maybe even rebellion?

Down with the traitorous Mizol emperor!

Seize the means of reproduction!

Arent wrote:
Yes, at this point our intrepid shuttle crew could use some deus ex machina, especially since other ships are too far away and there are shells between them.

Mon May 14, 2018 6:51 am

Arent wrote:
Chekist_Felix wrote:
"Oh sh- okey, my bad."

Are't Ashrain (white haired captain) on the other side of the star-system? But on the other hand it can be possible... she portrait as bold and capable commander, maybe she, with a help of some tactical wizardry, pull through, pick the shuttle and escape. But i'm skeptical.

Mon May 14, 2018 8:01 am

Clearbrook: Look at the bright side kid, you get to keep all the money.

Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 am
Site Admin

fredgiblet wrote:
Someone needs to wash Talon's mouth out with soap I think.

Nice to see you, fredge! I hope you are well.

boldilocks wrote:
So are loroi swears usually two words?

Talon likes to be short and to the point. This is a common trait among Loroi, but not universal.

novius wrote:

To be fair, what Talon is asking for is essentially a suicide mission (recovering a shuttle while under fire is doable, but jumping while under fire is quite hazardous), and a captain must weigh the value of her own ship and the practical feasibility of accomplishing her orders. It's unlikely that Clearbrook's orders specified "at all costs," and captains who lose their ships recklessly also face court martial (assuming they survive).

Mon May 14, 2018 8:59 am
Profile WWW

The fluency of the conversation with Clearbrook tells me that the time delay is minuscule and as such the have to be close. This seem to go unnoticed in the story discussions thou.

Mon May 14, 2018 9:07 am

Another thing that puzzles me very much is Ashrain's reference to 'extinct species'. One could argue it away as conjecture on her part, like "SG51 came from Naam, where we all know there is nothing of value beyond - not anymore", or, just to have some sort of justification on the record if there will be questions why she left Highland-7 in a lurch.

Or, and that's a scary thought, for some reason she knows very well who and what Highland-7 is ferrying around and has it on good authority that by all chances humans are to be considered a goner, too.

Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 am

As I said on Discord:

Tag yourself. I'm Shit Boot.

Mon May 14, 2018 9:28 am
Profile WWW

Arioch wrote:
To be fair, what Talon is asking for is essentially a suicide mission (recovering a shuttle while under fire is doable, but jumping while under fire is quite hazardous), and a captain must weigh the value of her own ship and the practical feasibility of accomplishing her orders. It's unlikely that Clearbrook's orders specified "at all costs," and captains who lose their ships recklessly also face court martial (assuming they survive).

Point, and together with my previous post, evidently Clearbrook doesn't rate the value of Highland-7's freight and passengers very high. Why is that so is unclear at this point. Even if she would manage to pick up the shuttle and get away she could face a reprimand for 'needlessly risking her ship and crew'.

So... Sorry, Highland-7, but sucks to be you.

Mon May 14, 2018 9:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next