Page 153: You've got Mail!

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Sweforce

Re: Page 153: You've got Mail!

Post by Sweforce »

It is entirety possible that what got installed in the pad is just a chat interface and the real historian construct are the one in the "trashcan". I doubt the pad can handle a self aware AI.

Zorg56

Post by Zorg56 »

Or historians is gods of optimization and they can run fully sentient combat ai on your fridge.

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Or it's just a mail causing the blinking on the pad.
With or without attachment.

Anyway, I hope Alexander remembers safety protocols for all computer devices: do not open links or attachments from unknown, unsecure, and/or unreliable sources.
And if he does, there's no IT department that can help him within a reasonable time available.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Arent

Post by Arent »

Krulle wrote:Or it's just a mail causing the blinking on the pad.

Anyway, I hope Alexander remembers safety protocols for all computer devices: do not open links or attachments from unknown, unsecure, and/or unreliable sources.
And if he does, there's no IT department that can help him within a reasonable time available.
Dear sir or madam,

I am a Nigerian attorney for the late Mbzinga Morgan, oil and diamond tycoon. I wish to discuss the transaction of several billion dollar to your account. Please see the attached files for details.

Attachments: historian_trojan.exe

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Arent wrote:
Krulle wrote:Or it's just a mail causing the blinking on the pad.

Dear sir or madam,

I am a Nigerian attorney for the late Mbzinga Morgan, oil and diamond tycoon. I wish to discuss the transaction of several billion dollar to your account. Please see the attached files for details.

Attachments: historian_trojan.exe

OR

Hey try new Sexol male enhancment gain 18 inches to your cock now! Fuck your woman like a stalion to night all for a low monthly payments of 19.99!