500 error

If you have issues or comments about the forums or website, post them here.
Absalom

500 error

Post by Absalom »

I've run into several 500 server errors, both while viewing and while posting. The page displayed doesn't provide more info.

Michael

Re: 500 error

Post by Michael »

google.
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

The 500 error is something the web server kicks back when it has some kind of internal problem. It happens most often with PHP scripts, so it mostly manifests itself on the forums. There was a time some months back when it was happening a lot, so much so that it made the forums almost unusable. I checked my PHP error logs, but it was nothing to do with the forum scripts, but most likely some problem they were having with the server (perhaps upgrading server or php versions). I filed a help ticket on it but never got any response.

The serious problem where it was happening regularly eventually cleared up, but the 500 error still does crop up occasionally.

Suederwind

Post by Suederwind »

Hm... not sure if I am the only one, but I am getting these "500 - Internal Server Error" messages a lot lately, since the last 2 weeks or so. :( Judging from your post, there is not much you can do about that?
Forum RP: Cydonia Rising
[RP]Cydonia Rising [IC]

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

I'm getting it a lot lately also. Normally it happens every once it a while and then goes away, but it's becoming persistent. I'll file a ticket and see if I can get a response.

Very sorry about this, as I know it's incredibly annoying.