[spam deleted]

If you have issues or comments about the forums or website, post them here.
Krulle

[spam deleted]

Post by Krulle »

Spam, reported.
And if you really want to get your questions answered, head over to the correct thread and ask them.
But in your previous post you asked two random members to not reply in your thread.
Well, those were more Human than you apparently are.

But you're not interested in this forum , are you? Despite your claim that this forum is interesting for you, you are not willing to actually write why, nor do that in the correct threads.

Also, please stop spamming "your" image. The first time it was not funny, this time even less.

And meeting a "man"? Here? You made me LOL. Here you can meet, at best, male nerds. ;)

Delete my post too, please.

Kind regards,
Spamboth8er.
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Grayhome

Re: I am want to meet a serious man!

Post by Grayhome »

Don't feed the machines Krulle, they feed on attention.

How do these get past the filter?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

This was our first @mail.ru spambot since I removed the blanket ban at the request of the Russian crew. Hopefully it won't become a problem.

A few do get past the Q&A captcha now and then. I'm not sure whether they randomly answer questions, or whether they have a human help out.

Absalom

Post by Absalom »

Arioch wrote:This was our first @mail.ru spambot since I removed the blanket ban at the request of the Russian crew. Hopefully it won't become a problem.

A few do get past the Q&A captcha now and then. I'm not sure whether they randomly answer questions, or whether they have a human help out.
I believe a human's usually involved. As I best recall, it's intended as a way to manipulate Google & such by throwing out as many links onto as many locations as possible: thus unpatrolled forums are perfect choices, since they can count on other posts to maintain relevance, while using known APIs to automate the link "submissions". This tends to fail on patrolled forums, but they only spent a few seconds on the account so they don't really care.

Arioch
Site Admin

Re: I am want to meet a serious man! [spam deleted]

Post by Arioch »

That was cute... just deleted another series of spambot messages that were actually advertisements for the spambot itself. It claims to be able to defeat all captcha's including Q&A.

And unsurprisingly, it's using a mail.ru address.

icekatze

Re: [spam deleted]

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I don't suppose you could have one that asks applicants from mail.ru to write a short essay about their favorite character or something. :P Eh, probably still wouldn't work if there are people involved.

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

Was it an advertisement for Xrunner? Another forum I attend had a batch of those.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

I didn't really pay attention.

If it keeps happening, I'll just re-block @mail.ru. It's not worth the hassle. The Russkies can get a gmail account as easily as anyone else.