Farsense and Sensibility.

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

flarecde

Re: Farsense and Sensibility.

Post by flarecde »

NOMAD wrote: Any possiblity of getting some vague hints as to who ?
My first guess would be Fireblade, although Tempo's description on the cast page is also that of a skilled telepath.
Reality is nothing, perception is everything.

Darth Cloaked Guy

Post by Darth Cloaked Guy »

I think these 'freakishly gifted' ones are called Unsheatheds. Or however the heck you pluralize that.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

NOMAD wrote:
Karst45 wrote:i doubt that "information transfer" involve naked loroi and/or jello.
Arioch wrote:That's more of a Farseer kind of thing.
Ok that kinda sound like the Newtype imaging for the original Gundam series or am I off basis ?
Well the farseer/oracle are kind of attached to water and when the autor want fan service, just remove the cloths

I was seeing that like the one in Wayward son, Cassandra. She said her "vision" created a lots of heat, so she needed to be in a pool, and naked of course, dont want to get those uniform wet :P

look at the Instant Oracle Just Add Water

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Karst45 wrote: Well the farseer/oracle are kind of attached to water and when the autor want fan service, just remove the cloths

I was seeing that like the one in Wayward son, Cassandra. She said her "vision" created a lots of heat, so she needed to be in a pool, and naked of course, dont want to get those uniform wet :P

look at the Instant Oracle Just Add Water
Ok, that does make sense now, I do follow Wayward sons, so I get the concept ( Thxs for the link, man TVtropes has alot fo good info)

So farseer have "interesting" communications (now the bit of how the Loroi splinter worlds got back into communication presents some interesting "interpretations" of the first contact and their content.
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

I was just kidding about the naked Farseers and jello.

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

I sensed a great disturbance in the force...as if a million fanboys cried out in anguish...

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

:oops: ffffuuuu I was starting to think that farseers had a link to some of the more risque Drowtales daydream-type episodes (not that subject matter isn't a nice "distraction" once in a while, especially the one tied to the main story IE about how two character got together)

But then for farseers( or for the Loroi in general), is their any visual element to two loroi sending to each other ( IE when the splitter colonies sense each other). I know their is a "spoken" language with the loroi telepathy, with some emotion undertow and meaning, but it is only limited to words ?

osmium

Post by osmium »

I thought they had to get into an isothermal gel-filled isolation pod in the center of the farsensing device and need to be nude for said device to operate.

see you can BS why farseers need to be nekkid ~_^.

-O

Solemn

Post by Solemn »

Arioch wrote:I was just kidding about the naked Farseers and jello.
In related news, Christmas is cancelled.

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

It's kinda funny when you think about it - a race that's so geared to warfare and fast reproduction. Shouldn't they also have a healthy libido?

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Solemn wrote:
..and Santa is dead. And the cake is a lie...and you have uncurable, terminal cancer.
Did I mention that there's also no heaven, only hell?

Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

TrashMan wrote:
Solemn wrote:
..and Santa is dead. And the cake is a lie...and you have uncurable, terminal cancer.
Did I mention that there's also no heaven, only hell?
So it's naked Umiak and jello then?
Particle beam cannons are mass drivers :D
Fireblade's character sheet: '-1: Telepathically "talks" in sleep' 8-)

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

Guys, c'mon. A story doesn't need to be slathered in sex to be good.

discord

Post by discord »

grayhome: no, but it helps *grin*, although you can as a author/creator leave that kind of stuff to the fan made material, and get away with pretending to be morally superior.

Trantor

Post by Trantor »

TrashMan wrote:It's kinda funny when you think about it - a race that's so geared to warfare and fast reproduction. Shouldn't they also have a healthy libido?
Loroi men have.
sapere aude.

Ktrain

Post by Ktrain »

Trantor wrote:
TrashMan wrote:It's kinda funny when you think about it - a race that's so geared to warfare and fast reproduction. Shouldn't they also have a healthy libido?
Loroi men have.
This maybe why the Loroi are a warrior culture to being with..... (sometimes I wonder if the staring blue babes are thinking "I'd tap dat" instead of "WTF is THAT thing" when they see Alex).
OUTSIDER UPDATE => HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED?

Trantor

Post by Trantor »

Ktrain wrote:
Trantor wrote:
Loroi men have.
This maybe why the Loroi are a warrior culture to being with..... (sometimes I wonder if the staring blue babes are thinking "I'd tap dat" instead of "WTF is THAT thing" when they see Alex).
Actually they aren´t really warriors. They just compensate certain shortages...
sapere aude.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

you know the community rules; "We take your joke and roll with it" or something like that
Grayhome wrote:Guys, c'mon. A story doesn't need to be slathered in sex to be good.
BLASPHEMY!!!
discord wrote:grayhome: no, but it helps *grin*, although you can as a author/creator leave that kind of stuff to the fan made material, and get away with pretending to be morally superior.
Rule 34?

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Karst45 wrote:
discord wrote:grayhome: no, but it helps *grin*, although you can as a author/creator leave that kind of stuff to the fan made material, and get away with pretending to be morally superior.
Rule 34?
Really ? Another thing I have discovered. but I believe Arioch will stay with the PG-13 rating for outsider. ( although from want I recall from the swimsuit discussion from the old forum, a beach sense could be done tastefully ;) )

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Nothing has to be shown mind you...implied is more than enough... or hinted....or hinted as possible.....or not outright denied :lol: