Page 88

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Karst45

Re: Page 88

Post by Karst45 »

Grayhome wrote:Hah! If Alex pulls a Starkiller I'll be very impressed.
He was barely were able to pulls himself together after the encounter... i doubt he will be able to do much ;)

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Karst45 wrote:
Grayhome wrote:Hah! If Alex pulls a Starkiller I'll be very impressed.
He was barely were able to pulls himself together after the encounter... i doubt he will be able to do much ;)
Is that the case then Alex will be going ALOT of ducking and running for his life.

Personally I think Fireblade will pull the Starkiller :twisted:
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

And then Alex will close the Well of Souls with his immense psychic power. :twisted:

And he will then ascend to become the ultimate being:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxthg885ZY

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

TrashMan wrote:And then Alex will close the Well of Souls with his immense psychic power. :twisted:

And he will then ascend to become the ultimate being:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcxthg885ZY

Now that will be a scary though, chuck Norris . . . ultimate being . . . the fate of existence has come to an end, if that were to happen :(

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

I've been thinking of photoshopping a picture of the Emperor of Mankind...giving him Alexes head, then add in some scantly clad servent girls and give them Loroi heads. :mrgreen:
But I'm too lazy.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

TrashMan wrote:I've been thinking of photoshopping a picture of the Emperor of Mankind...giving him Alexes head, then add in some scantly clad servent girls and give them Loroi heads. :mrgreen:
But I'm too lazy.
Then the universe is SAVED . . . on account to laziness ( who knew right :mrgreen: )

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

HERESY!!!

How can one speak agaisnt scantly clad elf girls!!!!! Turn in your man card now! And your life too.
The Inquisition of Emperor Alex the Great will pay you a wisit.

ghenkhan

Post by ghenkhan »

But what was the ultimate reason for all the altering and genetic engineering of similar species: A) to incorporate the various traits into themselves ( unlikely) B) To experiment with various races to create a perfect sentient race C) To ensure their own dominance within their own empire ( IE engineering a warrior race ?)
I see at least two other options: D) The Soia prefer to eat sentients and the duplicated species were improved food stocks, E) The Soia are parasites of some form that needs hosts with their own variety of biochemistry. (perhaps viral?)

I tend toward E as that would explain why the no one seems to know what the Soia looked like, despite there being evidence of the Delrias empire and the Dreiman empire that ruled the local area before the Soia came in and conquered.
There is no direct archaeological evidence left by the Soia themselves, who apparently maintained their habitats exclusively in space
I further suggest that the 4th race of Soia style biochemistry, the Pol, may still harbor the remains of the Soia and the historians are their caretakers/jailors.

I could (likely) be very wrong though.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Very interesting idea.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

ghenkhan wrote:E) The Soia are parasites of some form that needs hosts with their own variety of biochemistry. (perhaps viral?)
And they give telepatic and telekinetic power. they were also know as mediclorian.

Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

ghenkhan wrote:I see at least two other options: D) The Soia prefer to eat sentients and the duplicated species were improved food stocks, E) The Soia are parasites of some form that needs hosts with their own variety of biochemistry. (perhaps viral?)

I tend toward E as that would explain why the no one seems to know what the Soia looked like, despite there being evidence of the Delrias empire and the Dreiman empire that ruled the local area before the Soia came in and conquered.
E is close to a possibility I've brought up before: the Soia were just weird enough to think that they could unite the universe by replacing all the intelligent species out there with something close enough to the subject species to be considered "them" and thus be accepted without major opposition (or at least, be too similar to exterminate) as they out-compete the native population, but which the Soia could also consider to be Soia. Subject species gets an upgrade, Soia get more Soia worlds and fewer non-Soia species to worry about, plus greater diversity in their own ranks.

In that case, the ancestors of the modern Soia-liron species weren't hosts, they were the Soia themselves, the Soia being a collection of synthetic species rather than a single species. Perhaps over time following the collapse, the cultural traits that led to such a bizarre approach to conquest have been lost, or perhaps the local surviving species are those who never had their mentality fully developed into the Soia idea of "normal".

A minor (and perhaps more likely) variant: the Soia simply discovered that some subject species responded better when ruled over by what appeared to be a superior version of them.

Either way, perhaps telepathy/psi was an attempt to bring more unity and cultural cohesion to a Soia empire where the various sub-types were developing their own cultural identities, but only the Loroi got functional talents before things fell apart. Or they tried it on someone who took particular offense at a synthetic copy of their species, and who had the capability to make their objections known.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

ghenkhan wrote:I see at least two other options: D) The Soia prefer to eat sentients and the duplicated species were improved food stocks, E) The Soia are parasites of some form that needs hosts with their own variety of biochemistry. (perhaps viral?)

Never thought fo that, and its make really good sense, I'm echoing Fredgiblet on this very interesting idea.
Mjolnir wrote: E is close to a possibility I've brought up before: the Soia were just weird enough to think that they could unite the universe by replacing all the intelligent species out there with something close enough to the subject species to be considered "them" and thus be accepted without major opposition (or at least, be too similar to exterminate) as they out-compete the native population, but which the Soia could also consider to be Soia. Subject species gets an upgrade, Soia get more Soia worlds and fewer non-Soia species to worry about, plus greater diversity in their own ranks.

In that case, the ancestors of the modern Soia-liron species weren't hosts, they were the Soia themselves, the Soia being a collection of synthetic species rather than a single species. Perhaps over time following the collapse, the cultural traits that led to such a bizarre approach to conquest have been lost, or perhaps the local surviving species are those who never had their mentality fully developed into the Soia idea of "normal".

A minor (and perhaps more likely) variant: the Soia simply discovered that some subject species responded better when ruled over by what appeared to be a superior version of them.

Either way, perhaps telepathy/psi was an attempt to bring more unity and cultural cohesion to a Soia empire where the various sub-types were developing their own cultural identities, but only the Loroi got functional talents before things fell apart. Or they tried it on someone who took particular offense at a synthetic copy of their species, and who had the capability to make their objections known.
I don't recall the "Soia as a parasite" theory but it might have been before I found the Outsider. Yet, the parasite idea does bring up and interesting. are the Soia still around ? I know its stated in the insider that their empires fell, but that doesn't mean they did too.They might be hiding among the races ( historians being one since they don't leave their on system is one theory another might be that the soia remind in the shadows of each of the warring factions or in one of the races on either side).

As for telepathy, it might have been a side effect of being posses ( or genetic engineering as was theorised before)

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

TrashMan wrote:HERESY!!!

How can one speak agaisnt scantly clad elf girls!!!!! Turn in your man card now! And your life too.
The Inquisition of Emperor Alex the Great will pay you a wisit.
Trashman, you can send in your Inquistion squad(s) all you like. I've got three words that will allow me to save my man card

Fireblade. pissed. off.

and why you ask, well I told her ( well I told Beryl and she then told Fireblade) what you were planning and she just moved into my house since I respect our blue skin opposite

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

It has been nice knowing you.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

TrashMan wrote:It has been nice knowing you.

Ok then I bring in the big boy's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbn7PKhG ... re=related

why bring one faction wen you can bring in a whole empire :)

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

HA...lol. Bad choice.
Empire of Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tau

Nathan_

Post by Nathan_ »

you're leaving out the best part of that comic.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

TrashMan wrote:HA...lol. Bad choice.
Empire of Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tau

Ok then I'll bring in something I do understand

http://gadgetsin.com/starcraft-2-terran ... bricks.htm

Terran MECH ( via lego :D )

javcs

Post by javcs »

The IoM slapped SC2 into submission on its way to something more important.

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

NOMAD wrote: http://gadgetsin.com/starcraft-2-terran ... bricks.htm
Terran MECH ( via lego :D )