Outsider Guest Art

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Alexandr Koori

Re: Outsider Guest Art

Post by Alexandr Koori »

To Fotiadis_110, ~15 min. Drawing of animals is one of most difficult of drawings. Maybe this help you:)
http://s11.postimg.org/czkmth22b/MVd_SHPn74e_M.jpg
http://s22.postimg.org/n3qdmhnpd/y_918ed878.jpg

RedDwarfIV

Post by RedDwarfIV »

Looks like I got a few right.
If every cloud had a silver lining, there would be a lot more plane crashes.

Fotiadis_110

Post by Fotiadis_110 »

Good lord, even your cats are Photogenic!

*suddenly has a mental picture of beryl in a large 'evil overlord' chair smiling brightly with a big white longhaired cat curled up on her lap as she pets it, obviously plotting world domination*

Alexandr Koori

Post by Alexandr Koori »

Cats not mine, from Net.:)
Dark Queen Beryl... Interesting idea, maybe Arioch will use this idea for extra art?:)

Siber

Post by Siber »

I got a pretty nice drawing tablet for christmas and have taken the opportunity to shake some rust off my drawing skills. So here's a Loroi!

Image hidden in spoiler!
SpoilerShow
I have no idea how you draw all those crazy dos they have, Arioch.

Also, kudos to anyone who identifies either of the two visual references in the image.

(Except the pose, which owes a lot to a pretty great reference collection on deviantart.)
Atomic Space Race, a hard sci-fi orbital mechanics puzzle game.
Homeworld Fulcrum, a Homeworld Remastered Mod

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

For some reason her face reminds me of Naruto.

Also nice digiweapon.

Siber

Post by Siber »

nice digiweapon.
That appears to be a 40k thing? Good guess, but no cigar.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Siber wrote:
nice digiweapon.
That appears to be a 40k thing? Good guess, but no cigar.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Digital_weapon

My guess was either the above or the poisoned ring the Bene Gesserit use

malletmann

Post by malletmann »

Wasn't there an Outsider fan comic starring Ellie at one point?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

malletmann wrote:Wasn't there an Outsider fan comic starring Ellie at one point?
http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/guest ... comic.html ?

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

I'll start a little shared sketches and visualizations of my thoughts.

Outline of pencil and scanning then slightly remediated in the graphical editor, as the tablet shortly before decided to take a vacation. So far, spread outline pair of support ships, which could build Humanity received Union technologies and concepts of human hand Railguns, number three: pistol(1), assault rifle(2), and carbine/shotgun(3).

Ships:
SpoilerShow

Weapons:
SpoilerShow

Siber

Post by Siber »

This thread popping up again makes me realize I never provided an answer to the reference trivia, oops. The first reference is to Vandread, an anime I would recommend to any fan of outsider, where a character had a laser ring sidearm. Fully automatic laser knuckles also appeared, I believe.

The second reference I was talking about was probably the MIT 'BioSuit', a project to produce a working mechanical counter-pressure space suit that's producing some results.

Man that hair sucks though.

Tamri

Post by Tamri »

Siber wrote:This thread popping up again makes me realize I never provided an answer to the reference trivia, oops. The first reference is to Vandread, an anime I would recommend to any fan of outsider, where a character had a laser ring sidearm. Fully automatic laser knuckles also appeared, I believe.

The second reference I was talking about was probably the MIT 'BioSuit', a project to produce a working mechanical counter-pressure space suit that's producing some results.

Man that hair sucks though.
As for the ring - this is purely an assumption anime :D At the very least, on the currently available theories radiator of this size will be maximum of a laser pointer. What would be even relatively effective weapon, it will need to be integrated in the suit's hand, but it will look at best like a hose, entwined around the arm, and ending at the finger. And the battery/matter(if chemical laser) for a shot will need to be stored somewhere. Simply to do normal ray pistol))

According to the suit - a theoretical possibility of creating a full-featured "skinny" hard suit and so undisputed, the question was only for the designers and materials scientists. Now during the creation of the first fully working prototypes of the equipment estimated at 5-6 years.

Siber

Post by Siber »

The laser ring isn't remotely a hard sci-fi concept, no. The suit is, and a large part of the motivation behind making that image was producing an accurate illustration of the idea. Best-fit art usually had a few qualities that are counter to how it should look. As for the ring, even if you could power a useful weapon that compactly, I imagine the waste heat would be dangerous to the wearer. It was just a fun doodad thrown in.