Fanart: Lego Loroi Cruiser [in-progress]

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

icekatze

Re: Fanart: Lego Loroi Cruiser [in-progress]

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

That LEGO Yamato is pretty impressive, but can it withstand a direct hit from a 20mm super bouncy ball?

Also, one of my favorites:

T-93 Solaris
Top Down
details

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

hey all,

I mentioned in a previous post that I was working on a lego Arrow interceptor, well I'm working on the prototype but I'm having a problem, the model is about 35% complete and I want to show of the WIP. but I've having trouble posting up the images since the Forum post uses the web images ( and I'm building a physical model out of my lego stocks)

can anyone help me with this ?
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

There are a number of free online image hosts (google "image web host"), but if you don't want to deal with that and just have a few images you'd like to show, you can email them to me and I'll post them for you.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Alright, i just got to get the model ready to be photo ( its in the lego room)

now would that be your personal e-mail ( I ask because some people have multiple accounts :oops: )

I wil have about 3-4 photos, is there a formate (DPI, size) that you want formate them ?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

The email address listed on the site will do.

Doesn't matter what size or format they are, as long as they're not too big to be emailed.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Got it !

should be hearing from me in about 24 hours

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Well here it is the first WIP of a minifig place able Arrow Lt interceptor from Outsider. The images below are the result of a weekend of building. The model is what I like to call a "parts prototype" where various, using my own collection of Lego parts and Lego models that "donated" some parts at home. Given that situation, the plan is the build an accurate model of the main body and one half the lasers and engine pods. Then, order the necessary parts ( in the right colour ;) ), then get the part orders from pick and brick / bricklink and finally build the finished model.

images below

Compare to

http://well-of-souls.com/gallery/images ... ptor04.jpg

The current state of the prototype is

main body: 95% complete ( need the AMM and racks)

Laser PDF's : 85% complete ( any thing I missed ?)

engine pods: 15% ( ARGH see below :evil: )

The engine pods are the current obstacle of the project: I have ideas for parts and assemblies that attach to the pod (front, heat sink panel, thrusters and etc) but the bodies is giving me a headache (literally). The reason being is the the proportions of the pod don't look right"to me.

Any and all building and design critics would be appreciated

A big thanks goes to Arioch of posting these up for me, i will try to get an account of bricklink or somewhere else for the next WIP.

NOMAD

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Your central hull elements look good. It's hard to tell from your one image with the engine nacelle on, but it looks like it may be too large and too close to the central unit.

The central elements are certainly a good shape, though you may have difficulty finding the parts in the right color (or may have to paint them yourself).

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Arioch wrote:Your central hull elements look good. It's hard to tell from your one image with the engine nacelle on, but it looks like it may be too large and too close to the central unit.

Yeah I was worried about the nacelle shape/proportions and how to construct it. I might go for a smaller hight and less long ( buy a stud lenght each to see tha changes). I'm using the Light arrow pic in the insider guide is my template, but its a little hard to see (and I don't want to draw over your lines). Could you tell me if the front of the engine nacelles are circular or oval ?

Arioch wrote: The central elements are certainly a good shape, though you may have difficulty finding the parts in the right color (or may have to paint them yourself).
thanks, I really tried to get the design as accurate as possible. I plan of getting the right colours parts once the engines, missles, ECM pod have a final design shape, then I'll order the needed parts, ( but it might be cheaper to paint it ;)

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

Don't know if any of you seen the USS Intrepid recently? :o

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

GeoModder wrote:Don't know if any of you seen the USS Intrepid recently? :o
WOW that is a big ship, the biggest I've seen too

Just wanted to state another WIP for the Lego Arrow fighter

Now on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/64007131@N03/sets/

The current state of the prototype is

main body: 100% complete ( missile and rack completed)

Laser PDF's : 99% complete ( any thing I missed ?)

engine pods: 85% complete ( need more thrusters)

Comments and critics would be welcome ( I only got Arioch on the first WIP)

Final note; apologies to shrakner for using his thread, if you need me to move, just say so.

Luge

Post by Luge »

One of my favourites:

http://pre.classic-space.com/?p=PCS

L.

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

NOMAD wrote:Comments and critics would be welcome ( I only got Arioch on the first WIP)
The main body was already commented by Arioch IIRC.
The engine nacelle looks good overall. I'm only not sure why you didn't "round" the whole forepart of the nacelle. A quarter of it is not atm.
And probably something you can't do anything about, but the outermost edge (the part of the nacelle where the little extra yellow "wing" is attached)seems to bulge out too much compared with the incomic Arrow.

EDIT: mmm, the Arrow drawing seems to have a larger bulge on the outermost part then the incomic Arrow, so I'll probably have to scratch that last remark.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

GeoModder wrote:
NOMAD wrote:Comments and critics would be welcome ( I only got Arioch on the first WIP)
The main body was already commented by Arioch IIRC.
The engine nacelle looks good overall. I'm only not sure why you didn't "round" the whole forepart of the nacelle. A quarter of it is not atm.
And probably something you can't do anything about, but the outermost edge (the part of the nacelle where the little extra yellow "wing" is attached)seems to bulge out too much compared with the incomic Arrow.

EDIT: mmm, the Arrow drawing seems to have a larger bulge on the outermost part then the incomic Arrow, so I'll probably have to scratch that last remark.
thanks Geo, I'm happy with the engine pods now. As for the missing pieces, I ran out of the curved pieces, but I know how many I will need for the final model :)

The "bulge" I think are thrusters for yaw motion/station keeping.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I found this thing today while I was searching for realistic spaceship designs. I don't want to think about how much time it took to make.

Carl Sagan 1