INTRODUCTION THREAD

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Dragoon

Re: INTRODUCTION THREAD

Post by Dragoon »

Hello all Allow me to introduce myself...well sort of what this thread is for so might was well use it.

I'm Dragoon, Newcomer to the board. I've been sort of lurking in the shadows for a while trying to get the feel for the place but decided it was time to reveal myself to the masses as it were.

<Waits for the screaming stampede to the doors to subside>

I'm a hack writer, lousy artist and all around Jack of no trades....I do write a bit, and try my hand at a scratching out designs I use in my Role play games on the cave walls with antler horn. I'm a long time fan of all things sci-fi, science fiction, Space opera and a few other things that get lumped together by the unwashed masses who think we're all geeks living in our mothers basement....looking at pictures of Green skinned slave girls.( I hate to tell them I preffer blue skinned "space Babes" Myself....<hides from Fireblade>

As for why I decided to stop hiding I have enjoyed Outsider for a while. and I'll admit it's given me ideas for my own writing and gaming pleasure. So I thought I'd try and see if maybe a few like minded souls wouldn't be willing to swap ideas. Chat and provide a better place to waste time than watching reruns.

If anyone wants to look at what spend my creative energies on head over to Deviant art and check my laughable attempts out for yourself. Some of my writing and <cough, > art is on display.

http://wbyrd.deviantart.com/gallery/

Michael

Post by Michael »

I do believe you have come yo the right place, Welcome! (I think I should be made the 'Welcome guy', just my thoughts :) )
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

Congratulations, Welcome Guy. Long may you reign!
Ashrain is best rain.

Southern Cross

Post by Southern Cross »

Hello everybody!
I"m Southern Cross, yet another newcomer to the outsider forums. I'm a fan of old-fashioned science-fiction & horror, especially Doctor Who, H.G. Wells, John Wyndham and Nigel Kneale, plus fantasy (including superheroes).

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

yayyyyy!!! I'm no longer the newest member...Hands Southern cross the" Another Frikking newbie" tee shirt and beanie cap...wear them with pride.....

Victor_D

Post by Victor_D »

I guess this thread needs bumping, so here I am ;)

Hi :)

So, my name is Victor, I live in the Czech Republic, I am a fan of hard sci-fi, but settle for less most of the time :) My interests range from sciences to history and politics, and I am still in the process of learning and studying English (it's my hope you won't be too bothered by the tons mistakes I am usually making).

I've been following Outsider for a long time and it has been a great source of inspiration. I probably love the attention to detail and the whole worldbuilding element of it more than I like the main story itself (which is not meant in any wrong way, I am looking forward to the next page, when/if it comes), and it is a humbling experience to find out how much stuff a guy has to figure out before he can start producing a decent science fiction story. I have a huge deal of respect for Arioch for making his world so rich and detailed. I don't know how active the discussion around here is and I would feel awkward just starting a thread or jumping into one without at least introducing myself.

I hope I'll avoid the "new guy syndrome" and not ask too many stupid questions ;)

Michael

Post by Michael »

Welcome to the forum :) And remember, there are no stupid questions!!
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Michael wrote: there are no stupid questions!!
..... Just stupid people....

Welcome to Forum fella! Take care!

pinheadh78

Post by pinheadh78 »

Michael wrote:
there are no stupid questions!!

Smithy wrote:
..... Just stupid people....
and also plenty of stupid answers, but around here we call it debate :lol: (Dont shoot! I'm just full of bad jokes!)

Come to think of it I never did introduce myself... I dont post much but love reading the forum debates.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area and have a strong interest in most anything Science Fiction, military, and technology. As a kid I could identify all the types of US-Navy ships, aircraft, etc but today not so much since getting out of school and into a technology career. Have read allot of Star Wars, Clive Cussler, some Star Trek, and a variety of other authors but mostly adventure books. Favorite book was Red Storm Rising and the Thrawn Trilogy. Also enjoy the gambit of online webcomics of which Outsider (and especially the forum debates) is my favorite along with 2kinds, Intrepid Crew, Katbox series, Girl Genius and many more.

See you Online !

kclcmdr

Post by kclcmdr »

Hi.... finally got on the board... :D

I'm Kuan, aka Kclcmdr

Following the author's art at deviantart

This is the best Web-Comic Space-Opera ...

Hope to enjoy more .....

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Hello gentlemen.

Like many others i've been following this comic for years and have decided to just pop in.

English is non my native tounge so please forgive any misunderstandings i may cause on this forum.

I've also got a very dark sense of humor and i'm not certain were the boundries go except what is stated in the terms of agreement. So please alert me if i cross a certain line.

And lastly i'm a big fan of the Warhammer (40k) universe and of Babylon 5.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

Mikk

Post by Mikk »

Victor_D wrote:so here I am
I'll take this exceptional moment to welcome you and hail you for bringing the RE Skylon with you. I hope your Sabre burns true while we try and replicate the technology of your future people.
Fandom established 2004*. (*Official records lost)
Sometimes I have a twisted mind…
¿What could possibly be better than giant robots fighting with knives? ¡Giant robots fighting with swords, of course!

VictorValor

Post by VictorValor »

Hello everyone, I've been reading the webcomic and lurking in the forums for over a year now, and I finally decided to join. I love this comic and I enjoy politics, philosophy, military history, and speculative/science fiction.

Victor_D

Post by Victor_D »

Mikk wrote:
Victor_D wrote:so here I am
I'll take this exceptional moment to welcome you and hail you for bringing the RE Skylon with you. I hope your Sabre burns true while we try and replicate the technology of your future people.
:) If only ESA shared the same enthusiasm ;)
Jericho wrote:And lastly i'm a big fan of the Warhammer (40k) universe and of Babylon 5.
B5 is a great, but sadly hugely underutilized, setting.

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Victor_D wrote:
Jericho wrote:And lastly i'm a big fan of the Warhammer (40k) universe and of Babylon 5.
B5 is a great, but sadly hugely underutilized, setting.
Oh god yes :cry: please don't remind me.
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

I think the horrible tacked-on anti-climactic final season of B5 and the craptastic Crusade follow-on series pretty much killed the B5 franchise.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

So when I get around to watching it do you think I should stop at the end of Season 4?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

fredgiblet wrote:So when I get around to watching it do you think I should stop at the end of Season 4?
Yes, the main story arc is concluded with Season 4. I didn't find anything of value in the last season.

Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Arioch wrote:I think the horrible tacked-on anti-climactic final season of B5 and the craptastic Crusade follow-on series pretty much killed the B5 franchise.
Dude if you think that was bad i can't imagine what you think about the legend of the rangers :lol: .

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

The joy of studio interference