Chris Hanson's Show VS Loroi Visitors On Earth...

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Bamax

Chris Hanson's Show VS Loroi Visitors On Earth...

Post by Bamax »

Let's just say it would be both inevitable and funny.

You will have blue space elves speaking broken english... and Chris grilling them over their indiscretions. But unlike the guys Chris catches they would have no shame... just fear of getting deported.

To make matters worse, some high school teen boys who are interested would seek them out anyway.

Turrosh Mak

Re: Chris Hanson's Show VS Loroi Visitors On Earth...

Post by Turrosh Mak »

While millennia of proof shows that human males will screw anything, we don't really know if loroi have much of a libido. I recall from one of the threads on loroi sexual behavior that they can put their estrus cycle on hold and it can take a while (hours? days?) to bring it out of hibernation. The question at that point is whether a loroi female in heat will NEED to satisfy the biological imperative or can go back into hibernation with no ill effects.

Assuming a loroi female is "ready to go," the difference in body temperature between humans and loroi could have a "chilling effect" on such pairings. Humans may be too hot for a loroi to be comfortable during the act. The lack of telepathy could also be off-putting for loroi females. Humans do a lot of caressing, kissing, and licking during sex. Would a loroi female, with their aversion to touch find that distasteful?

In short, if there is intercourse it will be initiated by a particularly adventurous loroi and you better pray the guy she picks is good in bed because if he isn't every loroi in the galaxy will know the details as fast as telepathy travels.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Turrosh Mak wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:21 pm
While millennia of proof shows that human males will screw anything, we don't really know if loroi have much of a libido. I recall from one of the threads on loroi sexual behavior that they can put their estrus cycle on hold and it can take a while (hours? days?) to bring it out of hibernation. The question at that point is whether a loroi female in heat will NEED to satisfy the biological imperative or can go back into hibernation with no ill effects.

Assuming a loroi female is "ready to go," the difference in body temperature between humans and loroi could have a "chilling effect" on such pairings. Humans may be too hot for a loroi to be comfortable during the act. The lack of telepathy could also be off-putting for loroi females. Humans do a lot of caressing, kissing, and licking during sex. Would a loroi female, with their aversion to touch find that distasteful?

In short, if there is intercourse it will be initiated by a particularly adventurous loroi and you better pray the guy she picks is good in bed because if he isn't every loroi in the galaxy will know the details as fast as telepathy travels.
Yep... be really messed up if Loroi he's never met nearly bust out laughing when they see the poor guy.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Turrosh Mak wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 8:21 pm

Sexual practices depend to large degree on cultural conditioning and how much one rebels against their particular cultural conditioning.

What I am saying is that if a Loroi wants just straight sex... none of the stuff involving putting anything where it was not supposed to go, there are plenty of men that could satisfy that... especially virgins who have zero experience anyway

Post by avatar576 »

This same question seems to come up repeatedly in various incarnations. I still find it highly unlikely that the vast majority of Loroi females would take any particular interest in copulating with human males of any age.

The primary reason is that sex is not primarily a recreational activity for Loroi. It's primarily for procreation, although I get the idea that the males do try to make it an enjoyable experience for the female. When a Loroi female does earn some time "in the sack," it is probably the equivalent of a "fling" on Earth. A bit more to it than a one-night stand, but not long enough to form any kind of attachment.

Secondly, the absence of any telepathic connection would make for rather a lack of stimulation for the female. Have you ever had sex with a partner who was completely, or almost completely non-responsive to anything you did? Just laid there like a sack of potatoes? I think it'd be like that, at best, for the female. At worst, she'd find it totally creepy to be attempting to copulate with a being who, for one of her primary senses, isn't even there.

Thirdly, as Loroi females have no menstrual cycle (their reproductive cycle does not kick in until after insemination), they probably do not experience the elevated libido that human females experience during certain parts of their cycle.

Finally, it's not very likely at all that, when/if the Loroi reach Earth, they will be allowed to go wherever and do whatever they please. They would likely first be given a briefing on Human culture, and told which places they may and may not go. Schools full of alien children are probably pretty high on the list of places where they are NOT allowed to be. Can you imagine the consequences for a US Navy sailor if he's caught lurking around a school, chasing underage kids around the playground in some foreign port? Not a good look. I would imagine the consequences for a Loroi warrior committing a such a diplomatic faux pas would be equally, if not more dire. Why would she risk her military career, her status, and her reputation to satisfy what for most Loroi would probably be nothing more than a fleeting curiosity?

I just have a lot of difficulty imagining a ship full of Loroi females running amok on Earth, free of inhibition, discipline or self-control.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Fri May 26, 2023 12:47 am
This same question seems to come up repeatedly in various incarnations. I still find it highly unlikely that the vast majority of Loroi females would take any particular interest in copulating with human males of any age.

The primary reason is that sex is not primarily a recreational activity for Loroi. It's primarily for procreation, although I get the idea that the males do try to make it an enjoyable experience for the female. When a Loroi female does earn some time "in the sack," it is probably the equivalent of a "fling" on Earth. A bit more to it than a one-night stand, but not long enough to form any kind of attachment.

Secondly, the absence of any telepathic connection would make for rather a lack of stimulation for the female. Have you ever had sex with a partner who was completely, or almost completely non-responsive to anything you did? Just laid there like a sack of potatoes? I think it'd be like that, at best, for the female. At worst, she'd find it totally creepy to be attempting to copulate with a being who, for one of her primary senses, isn't even there.

Thirdly, as Loroi females have no menstrual cycle (their reproductive cycle does not kick in until after insemination), they probably do not experience the elevated libido that human females experience during certain parts of their cycle.

Finally, it's not very likely at all that, when/if the Loroi reach Earth, they will be allowed to go wherever and do whatever they please. They would likely first be given a briefing on Human culture, and told which places they may and may not go. Schools full of alien children are probably pretty high on the list of places where they are NOT allowed to be. Can you imagine the consequences for a US Navy sailor if he's caught lurking around a school, chasing underage kids around the playground in some foreign port? Not a good look. I would imagine the consequences for a Loroi warrior committing a such a diplomatic faux pas would be equally, if not more dire. Why would she risk her military career, her status, and her reputation to satisfy what for most Loroi would probably be nothing more than a fleeting curiosity?

I just have a lot of difficulty imagining a ship full of Loroi females running amok on Earth, free of inhibition, discipline or self-control.
If they are civillian Loroi they lack Warrior discipline, and furthermore know they are not allowed to mate with their own kind. For them it would be very tempting.

Don't forget that both sex and masturbation would be just like it feels for us... so to think they would not have much if any desire? I doubt that.

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

Avatar576, you make a compelling argument. But I feel compelled to agree with Bamax. I am aware that Loroi seek intimacy through sanzai rather than sex. They treat sex as a procreational tool and are disciplined to regard it as such, but who is to say they wouldn't enjoy it for recreational purposes? In fact, who is to say the Loroi, male and female alike, don't have any special instruments or employ exotic maneuvers to "spice things up" as a human would say?

All sorts of animals procreate for fun, like dolphins, bonobos, lions, etc.

Besides, the whole reason humans pursue sex is because it is enjoyable. If there were no desire or pleasure involved in procreation, what drive is there to pursue it? If one observes throughout the comics, there are Loroi glaring daggers at Enzin. Some may regard him as a potentially dangerous invisible animal. A few seem to passively acknowledge his presence without much other interest. Others seem to regard him with genuine desire to connect socially. Even physically. Talon, after showing an obvious desire to see Enzin naked, is quite disappointed when she is ushered away by Beryl. Spiral drops at least one innuendo joke by referring to the smell of butt cushions (bow chicka honk honk). Plus the loroi, at least most of them stranded on the Highland shuttle, seem quite comfortable sleeping with ensign in their arms. But if that's not enough to advocate the point, consider the independent art piece "Valentine's Day 2013: Lanzei," where a certain Listel is planting an obvious smacker upon the smooches of one E.A. Jardin, her eyes sealed in a dazed, pleasant state. And very lacking in body armor.

So if that's not an obvious sign of attraction, I don't know what is.

Dromond

Post by Dromond »

Snoofman wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:57 am
But if that's not enough to advocate the point, consider the independent art piece "Valentine's Day 2013: Lanzei," where a certain Listel is planting an obvious smacker upon the smooches of one E.A. Jardin, her eyes sealed in a dazed, pleasant state. And very lacking in body armor.

Arioch does very little fan service, but that's a blatant example of it. In my opinion, that picture isn't proof.
Pleasantly abstruse

Post by avatar576 »

Dromond wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:12 am
Snoofman wrote:
But if that's not enough to advocate the point, consider the independent art piece "Valentine's Day 2013: Lanzei," where a certain Listel is planting an obvious smacker upon the smooches of one E.A. Jardin, her eyes sealed in a dazed, pleasant state. And very lacking in body armor.

Arioch does very little fan service, but that's a blatant example of it. In my opinion, that picture isn't proof.
That was my thinking as well -- anything outside of the comic itself and the essays on the Insider page isn't to be considered canon.

My feeling is still that it would be very improbable for most Loroi females to even have the opportunity to go on the prowl after Human teens. They have a sex drive, yes, but it isn't as strong as that of the average Human male. The first few waves of Loroi visitors to Earth will be closely supervised, and I think they'll be more of the Tempo, Fireblade, and Stillstorm flavor, probably with a Listel or two who are more senior than Beryl; older, more experienced, more mature, know better than to go off chasing tail on an impulse, and would probably be more confused and nonplussed than impressed by the clumsy passes made by high school kids. The Talons, Beryls and Spirals who follow will likely be well-informed of what they may and may not do.

I'll concede that it isn't impossible for it to happen, but as visitors to Earth will probably be informed of laws, cultural norms and taboos before visiting, an encounter with a Chris Hansen-style trap would probably find the offending Loroi exhibiting more of an "ohh, crap," attitude than, "what'd I do wrong?"

I think Arioch has been very careful and deliberate in not presenting the Loroi as sex-crazed space Amazons. That some Loroi will find Alex or other Humans attractive or alluring is certainly inevitable as the Loroi are individuals with diverse personalities and interests, but I think it's pretty unlikely that most of them would jump in the sack with the first Human boy they see, without first considering the consequences.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Sun May 28, 2023 9:05 pm
Dromond wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:12 am
Snoofman wrote:

That was my thinking as well -- anything outside of the comic itself and the essays on the Insider page isn't to be considered canon.

My feeling is still that it would be very improbable for most Loroi females to even have the opportunity to go on the prowl after Human teens. They have a sex drive, yes, but it isn't as strong as that of the average Human male. The first few waves of Loroi visitors to Earth will be closely supervised, and I think they'll be more of the Tempo, Fireblade, and Stillstorm flavor, probably with a Listel or two who are more senior than Beryl; older, more experienced, more mature, know better than to go off chasing tail on an impulse, and would probably be more confused and nonplussed than impressed by the clumsy passes made by high school kids. The Talons, Beryls and Spirals who follow will likely be well-informed of what they may and may not do.

I'll concede that it isn't impossible for it to happen, but as visitors to Earth will probably be informed of laws, cultural norms and taboos before visiting, an encounter with a Chris Hansen-style trap would probably find the offending Loroi exhibiting more of an "ohh, crap," attitude than, "what'd I do wrong?"

I think Arioch has been very careful and deliberate in not presenting the Loroi as sex-crazed space Amazons. That some Loroi will find Alex or other Humans attractive or alluring is certainly inevitable as the Loroi are individuals with diverse personalities and interests, but I think it's pretty unlikely that most of them would jump in the sack with the first Human boy they see, without first considering the consequences.

And now I wanna see a fanfic with Chris Hanson style show trapping a Loroi... hopefully one like Spiral with broken english that makes their panicking even more hillarious.

Chris: "You came to have sex with an underage boy?"

Thickwood: She blushes blue. "I shorry. Okai? I go now."

Chris: "You may go.

Thickwood encounters cops as she leaves the house and runs but is ultimately tackled and handcuffed while yelling "Let go! Let go!"

Once she is in the patrol car she starts crying.

Police: "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be-"

Thickwood glares daggers at him.

"Sheet booth!

Dromond

Post by Dromond »

Bamax wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 11:53 pm
And now I wanna see a fanfic with Chris Hanson style show trapping a Loroi... hopefully one like Spiral with broken english that makes their panicking even more hillarious.

Chris: "You came to have sex with an underage boy?"

Thickwood: She blushes blue. "I shorry. Okai? I go now."

Chris: "You may go.

Thickwood encounters cops as she leaves the house and runs but is ultimately tackled and handcuffed while yelling "Let go! Let go!"

Once she is in the patrol car she starts crying.

Police: "You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be-"

Thickwood glares daggers at him.

"Sheet booth!
Hilarity... does not work like that. That's sad.
Pleasantly abstruse

Demarquis

Post by Demarquis »

Wait, Chris Hansen has a new show?