Loroi Males.... You May Cry In Defeat Once Loroi Females Watch This Video

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Bamax

Loroi Males.... You May Cry In Defeat Once Loroi Females Watch This Video

Post by Bamax »

Like seriously.... you may have to start utlizing civillian Loroi for your 'needs', as warriors may find human males with skills ridiculously attractive... as opposed to monks who live in pagodas and have all their needs taken care of.

Human males are tough and wild, and likely they will see the same in Loroi women.

I think the fact that Loroi females are as strong as equivalent size men would make human females extremely jealous, as even my sister was jealous of my own strength.

Yet I think even Loroi warriors would be impressed with the following video.

This likely goes above and beyond what some Loroi do in their diral training... I cannot believe they are ALL this good at survival.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cgQUrdBoaM

Demarquis

Re: Loroi Males.... You May Cry In Defeat Once Loroi Females Watch This Video

Post by Demarquis »

The problem with that video, and the many others like it, is that they all cheat. You don't see the days and days of tedious steps involved in setting up a shelter of that size. Or in meticulously knapping a stone tool like that. They make it look easy, except it isn't.

And when Loroi females find out that most human males couldn't survive their way out of a weekend hike in the woods? Hell hath no fury as...

gaerzi

Post by gaerzi »

Attraction and romance are an area where the loroi are quite alien to us. There's no such thing in loroi society. They don't do pair bonding or families. Sexuality is overseen by a caste of matchmakers who operate mostly on eugenist principle: a few noteworthy loroi will be rewarded with the privilege and duty of breeding, they get to see one male of the matchmaker's choosing for one night and then never again, and the child she gives birth to will then be raised by a communal creche while the mother returns to her post.

The companionship and intimacy that we humans seek in pair bonding and sexuality, the loroi find it instead in their telepathy with their squadmates. Which could be seen as a sort of asexual homoromantism.

They don't get any sort of infatuation in the other sex. In fact, if a loroi were to seek to see the same male again, she would be deemed to not be right in her head -- and therefore lose any and all mating rights.

So a warrior-like human male would not be seen as particularly attractive because first it defies the loroi expectations of what a male is like and secondly while they could respect him for his skills, they couldn't share the intimacy of telepathy with him.

Demarquis

Post by Demarquis »

I think Bamax meant human males in general, not one in particular. Are we worthy of sexual attention at all, never mind this "romance" you speak of.

Bamax does raise an interesting point about the Loroi civilian castes, of whom I don't think we know anything.

Post by avatar576 »

gaerzi wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:38 am
Attraction and romance are an area where the loroi are quite alien to us. There's no such thing in loroi society. They don't do pair bonding or families. Sexuality is overseen by a caste of matchmakers who operate mostly on eugenist principle: a few noteworthy loroi will be rewarded with the privilege and duty of breeding, they get to see one male of the matchmaker's choosing for one night and then never again, and the child she gives birth to will then be raised by a communal creche while the mother returns to her post.
I'd say attraction and romance are not entirely alien to the Loroi. Beryl, and to a lesser extent, Talon have both demonstrated behavior that we would recognize as "attraction" on some level to Alex. I think romance exists, too, just in a different form than what we think of as traditional romance. When a Loroi female does get an "encounter" with a male, we would probably describe the relationship as a "fling." From what I understand, they get to spend a few days with a male companion, and a lot more happens than just copulation. It is described as being quite intimate for both partners.
gaerzi wrote:
So a warrior-like human male would not be seen as particularly attractive because first it defies the loroi expectations of what a male is like and secondly while they could respect him for his skills, they couldn't share the intimacy of telepathy with him.
This. No doubt the Loroi would see us human males as vastly inferior in this regard. To a female, who wouldn't be able to connect with a human male telepathically, I think it would be like having sex with a cardboard statue. He just wouldn't "be there." Loroi males would probably be bewildered by our relative lack of libido. I suspect you might encounter that rare Loroi male who is just tired of life as a sperm donor on a stud farm and who might feel a twinge of envy over Alex's life of relative celibacy. But I tend to think with regulations on birth control lifted for the war, most Loroi males are probably putting out several times a day. Every day. All year round. For twenty-five years and counting.
Move over, Peter North.

DevilDalek

Post by DevilDalek »

I think Beryl and Talons reaction to Alex eying up Fireblade in pages 172 - 173 shows that things might not be as alien as they seem.

Arent

Post by Arent »

gaerzi wrote:

I mostly agree and would add 2 more points:

(1) Since Loroi and humans can't have children, this would be just for fun. Sooner or later both sides might wish to have family/children - especially the humans - and break up on friendly terms.
(2) Loroi are probably adapted to find smaller males attractive, much like we tend to feel protective of smaller/weaker females.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Arent wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:23 am
gaerzi wrote:

I mostly agree and would add 2 more points:

(1) Since Loroi and humans can't have children, this would be just for fun. Sooner or later both sides might wish to have family/children - especially the humans - and break up on friendly terms.
(2) Loroi are probably adapted to find smaller males attractive, much like we tend to feel protective of smaller/weaker females.

In one fanfic Alex and Beryl had a lifelong romance and adopted a disabled human girl who the Loroi healed back to normal with one of their medical fabricators.

Throughout their relationship Beryl allowed it to to be open to other Loroi females.... namely all the main ones in the story became involved with Alex at one poijt or another except Fireblade perhaps since she was not mentioned as participating but shockingly Stillstorm was and obviously Talon and Spiral were.

Arent

Post by Arent »

Bamax wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:09 pm

In one fanfic Alex and Beryl had a lifelong romance and adopted a disabled human girl who the Loroi healed back to normal with one of their medical fabricators.

Throughout their relationship Beryl allowed it to to be open to other Loroi females.... namely all the main ones in the story became involved with Alex at one poijt or another except Fireblade perhaps since she was not mentioned as participating but shockingly Stillstorm was and obviously Talon and Spiral were.
I forgot one point:

(3) This is a webcomic directed at humans, not at Loroi :mrgreen: So, the depictions of Loroi culture might be stongly biased & include a lot of Space Elves stereotypes that do not represent the actual behavior of true Loroi :lol:

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Arent wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:04 pm
Bamax wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:09 pm

I forgot one point:

(3) This is a webcomic directed at humans, not at Loroi :mrgreen: So, the depictions of Loroi culture might be stongly biased & include a lot of Space Elves stereotypes that do not represent the actual behavior of true Loroi :lol:

Nah... I think Spiral is very much true Loroi... a bit more expressive than others, but very much Loroi.

Honestly the main reason why I and probably others fancy Spiral is not only is she pretty, she's hilarious!

Arent

Post by Arent »

Bamax wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:50 pm
Nah... I think Spiral is very much true Loroi... a bit more expressive than others, but very much Loroi.

Honestly the main reason why I and probably others fancy Spiral is not only is she pretty, she's hilarious!
Well, she won me over with her line about the gurgle-gurgle noises and her slightly childish behavior :mrgreen:

Demarquis

Post by Demarquis »

Yeah, you think she's cute right now, but wait until Tempo decides you're more of a liability than an asset, and it's Spiral's turn to execute the orders.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Demarquis wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:54 am
Yeah, you think she's cute right now, but wait until Tempo decides you're more of a liability than an asset, and it's Spiral's turn to execute the orders.

They are soldiers. They are supposed to follow orders. All soldiers, male or female have to be willing to kill, otherwise they are useless at their job. So I don't hold that against her really. It's literally in the job description. If Beryl was ready to shoot Alex (who knows if it was on stun or kill or if they even have a stun setting) then Spiral certainly would since she does not seem nearly as smitten with Alex as Beryl is.

Demarquis

Post by Demarquis »

So... You agree with me?

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Demarquis wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:58 pm
So... You agree with me?
Yes.

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Forgot answer earlier, but I think that to loroi, human males are as manly,
as female russian weightlifter from 1980, with beard and smoking a cuban cigar, is feminine to us.

Though while we look ugly to them, the loroi crew have been long in space and
might have eyes of medieval seaman watching manatee and thinking it as a mermaid.
Supporter of forum RPG

DevilDalek

Post by DevilDalek »

So, Monday is almost here, you never know, we might have some movement on that front!

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

DevilDalek wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:10 am
So, Monday is almost here, you never know, we might have some movement on that front!
Don't stop... BELIEVING!

DevilDalek

Post by DevilDalek »

Snoofman wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:36 am
DevilDalek wrote:
Don't stop... BELIEVING!
NEVER!!!

I have a small Outsider shrine I give offerings to every Monday morning.
Still waiting for my Arioch plushy to complete it tho..
Last edited by DevilDalek on Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

DevilDalek wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:53 am
Snoofman wrote:
Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:36 am
DevilDalek wrote:
Don't stop... BELIEVING!
NEVER!!!

I have a small Outsidwr shrine I give offerings tobevery Monday morning.
Still waiting for my Arioch plush to complete it tho..
Aww... that's nice.