Happy Halloween 2020

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

dragoongfa

Re: Happy Halloween 2020

Post by dragoongfa »

I wanted to maintain a sword and sorcery (and gunpowder) theme with my Halloween commissions, next one will probably be Beryl; lets see if I figure out something appropriate for her until next year :P

Ithekro

Post by Ithekro »

Delicious.

StumpyDaPaladin

Post by StumpyDaPaladin »

Nice work.

Though I am somewhat taken aback that this depiction is not chastifing me with the reminder that I am a wretch'd sinner, utterly unworthy o' God's Love.

I shall deliver this comment unto the magistrate in the shire in which I dwell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWp0y0qYspM
Last edited by StumpyDaPaladin on Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

Holy Sigmar, bless that ravaged body!

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

Many thanks, dragoongfa!
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

jterlecki

Post by jterlecki »

dragoongfa wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:53 am
I wanted to maintain a sword and sorcery (and gunpowder) theme with my Halloween commissions, next one will probably be Beryl; lets see if I figure out something appropriate for her until next year :P
Wait, I am confused - apologies - but did you draw this for a commission or did you commission this from Arioch? Either way, do you mind if I message you?

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

jterlecki wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:58 am
dragoongfa wrote:
Wait, I am confused - apologies - but did you draw this for a commission or did you commission this from Arioch? Either way, do you mind if I message you?
Commissioned this from Arioch, it has become a thing the last three Halloweens; let's hope that I will be able to do so for more. Feel free to PM me; I have no problem.

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

dragoongfa wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:33 am
jterlecki wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:58 am
dragoongfa wrote:
Commissioned this from Arioch, it has become a thing the last three Halloweens; let's hope that I will be able to do so for more. Feel free to PM me; I have no problem.
Do you pay him for thease and if so shouldn't we all help pitch in?

Mk_C

Post by Mk_C »

Sweforce wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:28 pm
If everyone pitches in then everyone gets to choose the content. And it's fairly easy to predict the absolute lack of any agreement of on the issue of the chosen waifu and her costume, with the only point of consensus between everyone being the progressing reduction in the amount of clothing.

Which is, of course, totally nice by itself, but then it would no longer be Halloween art.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Sweforce wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:28 pm

It's a commission, so of course there is money involved for Arioch's time and effort :P

As for pitching in, Mk_C gave the answer before I could; I usually have a relatively solid idea what I want to see drawn and it's best not to mess things up with disagreements over the characters and the themes.

Besides, I want for the costumes to fit the characters themselves. Stillstorm was a witch because of how her enemies describe her. Fireblade was Red Sonja because 'Fiery green eyed red head with a painful past' fits both of them to a T (plus chain mail scale bikini) and Tempo was a Witch Hunter because that's her 'job' and she is good at it.

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

dragoongfa wrote:
Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:42 pm
Besides, I want for the costumes to fit the characters themselves. Stillstorm was a witch because of how her enemies describe her. Fireblade was Red Sonja because 'Fiery green eyed red head with a painful past' fits both of them to a T (plus chain mail scale bikini) and Tempo was a Witch Hunter because that's her 'job' and she is good at it.
Any plans for a commission on Alex? :P

Mk_C

Post by Mk_C »

GeoModder wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:32 am
commission on Alex? :P
ObligatoryShow

Sweforce

Post by Sweforce »

The thing about pitching in where so we are not cheap freeloaders. A way to do this is of course other commissions (Christmas are incoming for instance) or simply pitching in by say becoming a patreon for the comic.

kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Mk_C wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:08 am
“Obligatory”
Hahaha! Nice!

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

Taking Tempo's abilities in account, did she just induce a telepathic suggestion to the questioner in the commission? ;)

entity2636

Post by entity2636 »

GeoModder wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:23 pm
Taking Tempo's abilities in account, did she just induce a telepathic suggestion to the questioner in the commission? ;)
I'd like to think so too, like in my headcanon on Page 110 Tempo puts Beryl to sleep before the latter could tell Alex she's an Intelligence officer

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

entity2636 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:10 am
GeoModder wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:23 pm
I'd like to think so too, like in my headcanon on Page 110 Tempo puts Beryl to sleep before the latter could tell Alex she's an Intelligence officer
Erm... Beryl is interrupted in this matter by Tempo on page 108, gives the Earth date in page 109, and is shown asleep in page 110?

Mk_C

Post by Mk_C »

GeoModder wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:09 pm
Erm... Beryl is interrupted in this matter by Tempo on page 108, gives the Earth date in page 109, and is shown asleep in page 110?
Indeed - Tempo normally doesn't really need to mind-slap Beryl since she can just interrupt her or sanzai her to SEGUE AWAY FROM THAT ISSUE NOW whenever she wanders towards things Tempo considers OPSEC. That said - Beryl dozed off on page 110 only to hop back up literally minutes later, so I can totally see Tempo getting tired of sanzai-shushing Beryl with her constant nerd AKSHUALLYs concerning the Great War and stuff, so...
Alex: What is your form of government?
Beryl: [SQUEEE~]
Tempo: [It's not the time yet don't explain it shutitshutitshutit!]
Beryl: (breaths in)
Tempo: [SLEEP HEX MAXIMA YOU DUMB CUNT]
Alex: Who will I be...
Beryl: Z-z-z-z-z~
Tempo: [Talon, come pick him up and pry what astrocartography you can. You at least don't know most of the stuff we shouldn't explain to our new guest. Bloody damn children, what sins did I commit to deserve having to deal with your lot?]

Followed by a very stern explanation on which parts of her vast knowledge the overeager and diplomatically daft Beryl, who just thought that she finally got out from under command's heel, cannot share with Alex - given that Tempo had no opportunity to explain the stuff to her previously, as she just boarded the shuttle.