Page 158 : All Fire and Green eyes

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

sunphoenix

Re: Page 158 : All Fire and Green eyes

Post by sunphoenix »

GhostlyYorick wrote:Fireblade: ...The human looks hot in its new suit.. suspiciously hot...
Yeah, with all the unseen Sanzai going around.. maybe Fireblade just wanted to see how Alex looked in some proper loroi clothing {if he was as good looking as I'm sure Talon has been going on about!} :D
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Is she taking his pulse?

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I read it as Beryl doing suit calibration stuff. It would make sense if the suit controls were in an easy to reach spot for the person wearing it.

If she is checking his pulse, it'd be kind of funny if she uses her perfect recall memory to start analyzing his heart rate. "Your heart rate is elevated, is this because you are lying?" :P

SVlad

Post by SVlad »

boldilocks wrote:Is that a good idea, though? Presumably the Umiak are just as interesting in destroying Barsam couriers as they are in destroying Loroi.
I think that everybody in the system sees everybody else. Like Loroi see all incoming Umiak ships at all spots. Also all ship communicate with each other so the courier will not stand out.
CrimsonFALKE wrote:Is she taking his pulse?
Quoting Arioch from discord
Arioch wrote: She's not actually taking his pulse, at least not directly. She's checking his vital signs as reported by his suit.Her chief concern is his body temperature.
The control button on the right wrist has a projected display, but it's directional, and so you can't see it unless you're looking from the user's point of view.
Well, it's an important issue; you want the benefit of displays and sights, but you don't want the enemy to see them.
As cool as glowing weapons and armor look, I don't think you'd want them on a real battlefield.
Outsider in Russian

CrimsonFALKE

Re: Page 158 : All fire and Green eyes

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Arioch wrote:
Victor_D wrote:So what did the construct mean by "aboard your ship" – did it mean the shuttle, as the context here seems to suggest? I am a bit confused.
Why would the construct refer to a Loroi shuttle to Alex as "your ship"?

How would being in the data banks of a Loroi shuttle teach the construct English?

Surely there is only one ship it could mean.
I have to ask about the suit handling his manhood would going commando have no effect on his junk in any odd way? Hopefully not try and compress things

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

icekatze wrote:hi hi

I read it as Beryl doing suit calibration stuff. It would make sense if the suit controls were in an easy to reach spot for the person wearing it.

If she is checking his pulse, it'd be kind of funny if she uses her perfect recall memory to start analyzing his heart rate. "Your heart rate is elevated, is this because you are lying?" :P
Well calibrating his suit would need an interface?

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

CrimsonFALKE wrote:I have to ask about the suit handling his manhood would going commando have no effect on his junk in any odd way? Hopefully not try and compress things
Well, the suit is going to apply the same pressure regardless of whether there's underwear underneath, so I expect that Alex's concern was over the texture and... potential lateral movement of his apparatus.
CrimsonFALKE wrote:Well calibrating his suit would need an interface?
Yeah, she's using her own suit interface. As described in SVlad's quote above.

Voitan

Post by Voitan »

novius wrote:Makes me wonder.

Of all the Loroi, Fireblade would have fewest reasons to busy herself with Alex. Fewer than Beryl, Tempo and maybe Talon for sure.

Other than just floating there with a menacing air around herself as a silent reminder what happens if Alex makes the proverbial step out of line.

Though, as a storytelling device, she would be the biggest deterrent for any ideas Alex might have about disclosing the construct's presence to, say, Beryl.

On the other hand, though....

Perhaps she did notice something during Beryl's telepathy experiment, just a few minutes earlier, and this would be the first opportunity she had to pursue this matter further, once things had calmed down directly after the attack. That would match the expression on her face, too - while still showing a good deal of annoyance, she sort of looks rather ponderous, too, as if trying to figure out a puzzle. Or assessing an unknown or potential threat. Though in a military mindset, "unknown" is just a subset of "potential threat".
Jardin is always going to be some weird/exotic/uncanny looking Loroi wherever he goes, so he's always going to get stared at.

CrimsonFALKE

Post by CrimsonFALKE »

Well, the suit is going to apply the same pressure regardless of whether there's underwear underneath, so I expect that Alex's concern was over the texture and... potential lateral movement of his apparatus.
Okay so nothing to harsh on the tackle

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Well questions of pressure aside on human anatomy.

Oh I so want to know what fireblade is thinking about in the last panel. Her expression very unreadable for me. Kinda like half worried half "what are you doing" look

As for who would be the most friendly, given the situation I think everyone is going to be friends. Survival has a tendency to make enemy/opponents into fast friends.
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

Eledore

Post by Eledore »

Hi, dropping in because of the darn PM spambot, i usually do not log in.

Here is my take on the following
Arioch wrote:
Victor_D wrote:So what did the construct mean by "aboard your ship" – did it mean the shuttle, as the context here seems to suggest? I am a bit confused.
Why would the construct refer to a Loroi shuttle to Alex as "your ship"?

How would being in the data banks of a Loroi shuttle teach the construct English?

Surely there is only one ship it could mean.
"your information processing systems" should give you all you need to know.
Why would it compliment and look down on loreli systems, something they already know the ins and outs off..
Do not forget 057. The historian was transferring his construct to that garbagebin. And it if really means it has the capability of power-off intrusion prevention it would have been in the vicinity of the Bellarmine. "your Ship"

And the choice of icon and text, this would only be given if the construct had enough information about humanity to blend in subvertly knowing only humans could understand it as wrong. He possibly could have have gotten that entirely from the Bellarmine OR worse:
You could even think that the constructs already know about humanity and even been in human space covertly but have taken no action.
This looks unlikely as it seems surprised at humanities advancement.
But it does know that humanity has made contact with the Loreli and how they see new civilizations in there war, the construct is now making covert contact with Alex to tell the other sideline story of the war.
And given that Loreli propaganda seems to counter his existence (See 065), we may yet see a lot of interesting things we may learn from the Construct or the Barsam..

You can think broad, but lets all enjoy the story..
It been a fun exiting ride for me of waiting for the next page, the past 125 pages.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

The historian construct could have been talking about the PAD, although it seems pretty unlikely that it got all of that info off of just one handheld device.

Presumably the Lorelilalee'lay have better intrusion countermeasures, if they force the construct to sit in a can rather than interfacing directly with their systems. One might assume that they have the ability to force the issue. ;)