Well of Souls Forums
http://well-of-souls.com/forums/

Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"
http://well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2388
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Username [ Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

YUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider150.html

Embarrassed ensign incoming. :P

Also just want to say CONGRATS to Arioch for getting this far! "and many more!"

Author:  volrath77 [ Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Lol Talon. Ask and you shall might receive. :lol:

Well, what are you waiting for, Alex? It's very impolite to keep a curious lady waiting.

Author:  Werra [ Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

The body language speaks volumes. One can feel how uncomfortable the situation is for Alex. Talon and Beryl seem quite pushy, don't they?

Author:  boldilocks [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Looks like arioch posted the wrong image to the site, the page on the patreon is shaded.

Author:  Arioch [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

boldilocks wrote:
Looks like arioch posted the wrong image to the site, the page on the patreon is shaded.

The page on the comic site is shaded. Do a hard browser refresh (Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Command) if you're not seeing it.

Author:  Krulle [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Thank You!

Well, isn't it obvious that a thermal liner needs to be as close to the object as possible, Alex?
It's a crowded shuttler, just get going!

We readers also want to see something!


So, can we infer from this, that nudeness is a lot less a social taboo in the Loroi society than in our Human societies?
(But then, if he wears underwear, what is there to show anyway?)

Author:  Arent [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Username wrote:
YUSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/outsider150.html

Embarrassed ensign incoming. :P

Also just want to say CONGRATS to Arioch for getting this far! "and many more!"


Now Arioch is going over the top ;) Well, probably he wants to show that Loroi are foreign to the concept of "privacy", since they can listen in to anything anyway.

Author:  novius [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

They're foreign to the concept of modesty, at least.

Well, it's Alex's turn now. Will he go through a lengthy explanation, though Beryl's admission pretty much voids at least half of the argument ... or will he man up, choke down his embarrassment and not be a spoilsport to Talon? :)

Author:  volrath77 [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Krulle wrote:
So, can we infer from this, that nudeness is a lot less a social taboo in the Loroi society than in our Human societies?
(But then, if he wears underwear, what is there to show anyway?)

Nah. It's likely that their definition of modesty and privacy are different compared to ours. As a warrior society, I'd hazard a guess that they would likely tend to see things more from a utilitarian perspective.

Beryl had snuck a peek (for SCIENCE!) during Alex's recovery/detention in the med bay so Talon needs an excuse. Maybe to make sure that the suit is worn perfectly. :P

Author:  Arent [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

novius wrote:
They're foreign to the concept of modesty, at least.

Well, it's Alex's turn now. Will he go through a lengthy explanation, though Beryl's admission pretty much voids at least half of the argument ... or will he man up, choke down his embarrassment and not be a spoilsport to Talon? :)


We do already know how it will turn out:

Spoiler: show
Image

Author:  GeoModder [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:02 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Cultural selan, anyone? :P

Author:  Random Person [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Huh, I would've thought that being in the military would've beaten at least some of the need for privacy out of Alex.

Author:  Zorg56 [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

He is scout?..

Probably outside military since captain said that military guys dont like when they steal their recruits .

Author:  boldilocks [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Also military doesn’t mean abandoning cultural nudity norms.

Author:  CF2 [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Privacy is absolutely out of the question given they're still tentatively trusting. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a standing order not to let him out of sight unless he were in a controlled space, like he was back in his cell; though that doesn't mean they all need to ogle him while he changes clothes. I'm guessing Beryl will be the lone Loroi left since she has already gotten a look.

I'd also bet that while she's busy ushering Talon out, Alex gets changed as fast as he can while her back is to him.

Author:  cacambo43 [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

You know, if you pony up a couple of bucks, you guys can learn these answers sometimes weeks ahead of time ;-)

CJSF

Author:  sunphoenix [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Actually Fireblade has seen Alex in the buff as well...

Author:  icekatze [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

hi hi

I suppose it is a little interesting, but not surprising that Stillstorm would have restricted any data collected during Alex's time in the infirmary. Gotta maintain discipline on your ship in the face of a sinister and definitely evil alien spy.

On the matter of privacy, in the military there's probably a difference between showering with your own crew and showering in front of the ambassador of another country. We've been told in forum posts that Loroi usually eat alone, and it is kind of weird for them to eat together, so it's not like they have no concept of privacy.

There's certainly an argument to be made for swallowing one's pride and going along for the ride in a situation like that, but beyond his own personal discomfort, there's the fact that he is representing all of humanity. Assuming humanity and the Loroi union are going to meet up later, it's not a bad idea to display some normal human standards. (That's probably not what's going through Alex's head right now, though.)

Author:  Whale [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

I had been hoping for a point that Alex indeed is wearing a uniform and that there are regulations and norms about proper identification, nice to see such a thing is in.

Author:  bunnyboy [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Military showering?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3QANSFFeHY

Author:  Krulle [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Arent wrote:
novius wrote:
They're foreign to the concept of modesty, at least.

Well, it's Alex's turn now. Will he go through a lengthy explanation, though Beryl's admission pretty much voids at least half of the argument ... or will he man up, choke down his embarrassment and not be a spoilsport to Talon? :)


We do already know how it will turn out:

Spoiler: show
http://well-of-souls.com/temp/151_2.jpg
I know, but I tried to keep this knowledge out, avoiding spoilers about future pages...
It's part of respectful behaviour.


cacambo43 wrote:
You know, if you pony up a couple of bucks, you guys can learn these answers sometimes weeks ahead of time ;-)

CJSF

Sure.
But even then I usually don't visit the patreon extras.
Won't do here either.
I love discussing about pages, and being on a different page (literally in this case) makes the discussions.... slanted and wrong.


Also, which head, Icekatze?
;)

Author:  HedAurabesh [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Krulle wrote:
I know, but I tried to keep this knowledge out, avoiding spoilers about future pages...
It's part of respectful behaviour.

No patreon-spoilers here anyway, as it is from the free Work-In-Progress thread. :)

http://www.well-of-souls.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=33763#p33763


That said: I am not implying that the picture is not utterly misleading, as so many of Arioch's single-panel previews tend to be.

I am neither partially not implying the negation of the opposite, either, mind you, as that would not show a lack of being entirely dishonest on my part. :lol:


Ahh, written language. It is the fun.

Author:  Krulle [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

I know. But even the WIP thread is marked "(Spoiler Warning)"
The WIP discussion thread may be lacking one in the title, though.

Author:  Arent [ Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Krulle wrote:
I know. But even the WIP thread is marked "(Spoiler Warning)"
The WIP discussion thread may be lacking one in the title, though.


Oh, I'm sorry. I included a little spoiler tag.

Author:  CrimsonFALKE [ Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Page 150 Discussion "Well, I haven't !"

Got to love the bluntness of the Loroi "Well I haven't" put on a show Alex humanity needs you!

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/