Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy 
Author Message

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
I thought that the cause for Fireblade's animosity towards Alex was simple; before he arrived she had the biggest foot size on Tempest. No. The entire fleet! Now there's this null freak just swaggering all over her turf, seemingly incapable of shutting it's annoying mouth for more than 5 seconds.

The fact that it's a male, an alien AND that it's wearing her only spare pare of shoes is just adding fuel onto the pyre.

It's not even an attractive male at that. It's tall, confident and muscularly lean. Pink with the most dull eye and hair colour, and it's ears are rounded.

Ewwww.


Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:35 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:46 am
Posts: 137
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Dorfington wrote:
I thought that the cause for Fireblade's animosity towards Alex was simple; before he arrived she had the biggest foot size on Tempest. No. The entire fleet! Now there's this null freak just swaggering all over her turf, seemingly incapable of shutting it's annoying mouth for more than 5 seconds.

The fact that it's a male, an alien AND that it's wearing her only spare pare of shoes is just adding fuel onto the pyre.

It's not even an attractive male at that. It's tall, confident and muscularly lean. Pink with the most dull eye and hair colour, and it's ears are rounded.

Ewwww.


Also he called her dumb. Worse, he insinuated it before muttering a false apology. The nerve!


Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:18 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 am
Posts: 306
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Freaking stump-ears waltzing around like he owns the place.


Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:10 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:01 am
Posts: 37
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
I bet out of all the seats he chose to pick on the escape shuttle, he took her favorite. :lol:


Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
What a bunch of 'negative-ninnies'... it's simple... if we find Loroi females attractive despite how different they are from our lovely Earth Women, it's reasonable to see how loroi females could find Earth men attractive for simular reasons.

And my comments and observations were more about Alex Jardin's reactions to Fireblade... really she has shown little interest in him other than that glance she showed him when his eyes met hers when they sat on that couch at the back of the 'Tempest' bridge. Arioch has kept her feelings not evident other than some annoyance with how talkative Alex is.

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Last edited by sunphoenix on Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.



Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:59 am
Posts: 115
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
At least now he will ahve time to tell them... The Tragedy of darth pleagues the wise.


Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:12 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:11 am
Posts: 251
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Zorg56 wrote:
At least now he will ahve time to tell them... The Tragedy of darth pleagues the wise.


Awh now i want to see Jardin introduce them to star wars :(

"What do you mean the Empire are the bad guys? They bring law and order to those treasonous farmers!"

_________________
If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through. General C.H Melchett commander of some unknown british regiment in the western front.


Last edited by Jericho on Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.



Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:59 am
Posts: 115
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Jericho wrote:
Zorg56 wrote:
At least now he will ahve time to tell them... The Tragedy of darth pleagues the wise.


Awh now i want to see Jardin introduce them to staw wars :(

"What do you mean the Empire are the bad guys? They bring law and order to those treasonous farmers!"


"Umiak became so powerfull... The only thing they was afraid of- loosing their power, which, eventually, ofcourse they did. Unfortunatly, they told their allies evrything they knew, and then they destroyed them in a moment of slightest weakness. Ironic, they could assimilate other races to destroy their enemies, but was destroyed this way themselves."


Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:51 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:46 am
Posts: 137
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
And know I want to know how many Loroi would follow the Sith Code.


Image


Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:31 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:06 pm
Posts: 105
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
raistlin34 wrote:
And know I want to know how many Loroi would follow the Sith Code.


Image


Only if they were ants. Otherwise they can't read this code. :D


Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:27 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm
Posts: 2906
Location: San Jose, CA
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
The Sith ideology is a joke as a system, because it actively promotes chaos and disloyalty, which guarantees that the system will fail. Even the most twisted, evil fascist system won't operate without some degree of loyalty.

It should read:

"Through passion I am easily defeated by more disciplined opponents"

"Through strength I gain power, but I can't trust my apprentices so that power will not be passed on, and they will be weak morons"

"We will use only red lightsabers to make sure that everyone knows to kill us on sight"

"We will triumph only when the Jedi devolve to a point where they're even dumber than we are, but then we will only have 2 people in our order so it can be undone by a bad cold"

(transmission ends)

_________________
Outsider


Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:23 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 am
Posts: 306
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Arioch wrote:
The Sith ideology is a joke as a system, because it actively promotes chaos and disloyalty, which guarantees that the system will fail. Even the most twisted, evil fascist system won't operate without some degree of loyalty.

It should read:

"Through passion I am easily defeated by more disciplined opponents"

"Through strength I gain power, but I can't trust my apprentices so that power will not be passed on, and they will be weak morons"

"We will use only red lightsabers to make sure that everyone knows to kill us on sight"

"We will triumph only when the Jedi devolve to a point where they're even dumber than we are, but then we will only have 2 people in our order so it can be undone by a bad cold"

(transmission ends)


Yeah but
Image


Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:13 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm
Posts: 2906
Location: San Jose, CA
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
boldilocks wrote:
Yeah but
Image

Dumb Jedi betrayed by dumber Jedi. Not impressed with the Sith side of this equation.

_________________
Outsider


Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:30 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:46 am
Posts: 1050
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
I agree Arioch... all semblance of story, plot, and ...just plain common sense went out the window in favor of Toy marketing, offensive racial stereo-typing, BAD writing and Lucus having his ego stroked to the point of nonsensical spouting platitudes that even the youngest teen-adult book reader could realize 'Reverend Jim' Lucas was drinking his own cool-aid with the prequels!
It's sad, Lucus turned us all into adherents to his death-cult heralding the END of STAR WARS which we all breathed a sigh of relief with cheers!

"Yes, Mr Lucas enjoy your money you earned it... but FOR THE LOVE OF SANITY... Let all else occur, give up all possessions and all life and even the hope of the hereafter; but pleeese... DO NOT MAKE ANYMORE STAR WARS Movies!"

_________________
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."


Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:09 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 pm
Posts: 433
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
George Lucas is a very shrewd business man. He milked Star Wars for all its worth until nostalgia was close to running out. I firmly believe that when he sold the franchise to Disney for -was it 2?- billion dollars, he knew that Star Wars wouldn't survive rebranding itself for modern kids.
You got to respect a man that gets the mouse to sign a rotten deal.


Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:21 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:33 pm
Posts: 716
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Well, Werra, I see it like this... with how many tendrils Lucas had wormed into the film industry (his companies effectively defined CG, and Disney now owns the THX standards body, in addition to lots of other stuff), Disney got their money's worth even without Star Wars.

The man may be famous because of Star Wars, but he was important because of the infrastructure he created.


Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:59 am
Posts: 115
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Well, in old EU it was more like wish of one mad sith lord, then actuall rule, other sith orders existed and so on.

I will prefer to see how loroi will react to the republic. (EU, not current canon. disney canon have republic that disarmed itself in a galaxy where pirats have Executor SSD and actually rule 60% of the galaxy.)
They will try to join it? Or will see them as a bunch of pacifist idiots? Start war if consider that they have chance to achieve victory?


Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:04 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:32 am
Posts: 36
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Did you ever hear the tragedy of George Lucas The Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the media would tell you. It's a Hollywood legend. George Lucas was a screen writer, so skillful and so wise he could use the Force to influence Hollywood to create Art… He had such a knowledge of Hollywood that he could even keep the movies he cared about from selling out. Hollywood is a pathway to many lucrative deals, some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his IP, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught Disney everything he knew, then Disney bought him out and killed his franchise. Ironic. He could save others from selling out, but not himself.


Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:21 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 pm
Posts: 433
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
That's exactly why I think he got one up on Disney. Now they're known as the failures who ruined Star Wars for fans and investors. Well, it's not ruined yet...but do you have any hopes for 9?


Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:17 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:27 am
Posts: 306
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Werra wrote:
That's exactly why I think he got one up on Disney. Now they're known as the failures who ruined Star Wars for fans and investors. Well, it's not ruined yet...but do you have any hopes for 9?


I mean, I'd say it's already pretty ruined. The question isn't whether 9 will be good or not. 9 will have to be magnificent if it's going to save the brand, which is what it's going to have to do.

Personally I thought it was ruined by the 7th, and the 8th was just the finishing thrust. (I was too young to have any problems with the prequels.)


Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:32 pm
Posts: 163
Location: The Netherlands
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
IMHO the franchise went off the rails early with the Teddy Bears from Endor. Later it became worse with a 11 year old semi-orphan winning a desert race in his improv flying machine against false camels wearing goggles, the senseless introduction of Jar Jar Binks, utterly unconvincing special effects, and with Hayden Christensen botching his part, playing being madly in love with Natalie Portman even before the conception of Luke and Leia.

Star Wars? Meh...


Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:27 am
Profile

Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:14 am
Posts: 770
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
I never found the star wars story very logical, especially whatever the heroes did.
I found the teddy bears (Ewoks) lovely, although the costumes were not well done. And their "language" was far from impressive. And them being an actual factor in the fight against hypertechnological enemies? Laughable....
I found the desert race quite unlikely, and too much like an effort of having something in the film you could market as a PC/mobile game, and/or as rollercoaster for themeparks.
Yes, I saw too many hooks for merchandise everywhere to ever find the series worth the media hype it always attracted. It was groundbreaking for the Sci-Fi genre, and without StarWars it would have made its large scale cinema entry much later.... So I am happy it came at that time. But the timing is the reason it attracted so many fans, IMHO.

_________________
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123


Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:37 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:27 pm
Posts: 433
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
The quality of Star Wars declined at the same rate as George Lucas fame as a director increased. More fame = less people that dare criticize his opinions on set. That he tried to sell Yoda dakimakuras from day one didn't help either.

So if Outsider ever gets a movie adaptation, we need to cut patreon funds after the second movie.


Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:59 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:46 am
Posts: 186
Location: Czech Rep., European Union
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Krulle wrote:
I never found the star wars story very logical, especially whatever the heroes did.
I found the teddy bears (Ewoks) lovely, although the costumes were not well done. And their "language" was far from impressive. And them being an actual factor in the fight against hypertechnological enemies? Laughable....
I found the desert race quite unlikely, and too much like an effort of having something in the film you could market as a PC/mobile game, and/or as rollercoaster for themeparks.
Yes, I saw too many hooks for merchandise everywhere to ever find the series worth the media hype it always attracted. It was groundbreaking for the Sci-Fi genre, and without StarWars it would have made its large scale cinema entry much later.... So I am happy it came at that time. But the timing is the reason it attracted so many fans, IMHO.


Star Wars is not sci-fi. It's fantasy with spaceships and lightsabers instead of horses and regular swords. I hate when people call SW and the dumb superhero films "sci-fi", which is an isnult to the genre. (/off-topic minirant)


Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:59 am
Posts: 115
Post Re: Pages 144, 145: Conserve Energy
Star was is space opera which is a part of Sci-fi.

Try to replace sci fi elements with fantasy ones and story will collapse.


Try to change sci fi element from Warhammer 4000 and... It is fine, it is called Warhammer fantasy.


Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:53 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.