Human/Loroi Differences In Culture

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Bamax

Human/Loroi Differences In Culture

Post by Bamax »

Based on some cursory checking on the massive backstory database, it seems to me that the main things that make the Loroi different from Earth women are:

1. They are telepaths. Some are even low-tier superheroes thanks to PK.

2. The society is dominated by women.

3. Reasons I cannot understand....could be blindspots but is no big issue. I still enjoy the comic. It is not as if the Loroi have not already beaten the entire ST and SW pantheon of aliens for being an interesting culture in my opinion. Though Klingons...especially Gowron in the video computer game Star Trek Klingon is fun satire and comes a close second for me.

What I read about the Loroi:

4. They do not dance...it's not a common part of their culture. Yet they have music. That seems odd, as what human do I know that can resist tapping, swaying, or bopping to a beat they enjoy? I know Loroi dont like to touch each other, but they can dance alone. Even I do and I cannot dance!

5. Dressing provocative is less common since the male population is low and the females do not have to compete for a male so much as they have to climb through the ranks and survive to have the opportunity to mate at all.

6. Traditional families do not exist. Loroi kind of run their offspring like cats, females in groups take care of tgem and the guys stay to themselves.....ready to father a child whenever called.

Based on all this, the outcome of a human/Loroi alliance seems obvious.

Loroi are all about polyamoury, since it is how they run their society. Since Loroi v man won't produce offspring, it would seem an ideal situation for those who don't want offspring and only want....you know what.

The reaction to this will be manifold, both promotional and controversal. Loroi males and human females will cry foul once husbands and boyfriends leave them for any space elf telepath with superpowers. Even Loroi would think this a disruption of the way their society is run.

Sincd the foundation of human society is the family unit. A man will try to replicate this with a Loroi female, and if he proves successful it would be an odd shift from polyamoury to the the human family for the Loroi.

Loroi powers that be would likely not tolerate this unless they don't mind their entire way of life changing...but I tend to think they would.

Sex is and always will be, along with emotional attachment, a strong motivator.

I know Loroi traditional form their strongest emotional ties with females and bond primarily sexuallly with male Loroi, but a human male would expect more if he is wants monogamy and would be very offended if she was still into polyamory.

So there is s cultural rift but it can be crossed...but only by the the most determibed of individuals.

In a way it is kind of akin to interracial marriages... both sides know they will get a lot of hate if they do it, so when they do choose to they must be quite determined otherwise rhey would have sought an easier mate with keast cultural backlash.

dragoongfa

Re: Human/Loroi Differences In Culture

Post by dragoongfa »

There are far more differences that have yet to be addressed in the comic but have been covered in the insider and various Q & A posts in the forum.

Loroi society is a caste based stratocracy, with the various warrior castes having firm control of the society at large. The civilian underclass is largely left to their own devices but they are generally not allowed access to males and are given any say so to the government.

Loroi males are rare (about 1 in 9 Loroi born being males), this scarcity is then further compounded by societal controls put in place for population control. Access to males is carefully controlled and given to warriors who have earned their keep. As thus males are solely there for reproduction reasons and sex, although pleasurable, is pursued primarily for reproduction. Because of this emotional attachment between Loroi males and females are considered taboo; the female obsessing over a particular male would be seen in a negative light and would bring her trouble in her social status.
Males on the other hand have no tangible reason to become emotionally attached to a female, the access scheme put in place guarantees that there will always be an other female to meet and pass the time with and as thus there is no need for them to emotionally invest themselves in a particular female. If a male begins developing feelings for some reason then their caretakers will take appropriate measures to ensure their well being regardless of the emotions said male will have.

Interactions between Human men and Loroi females will depend on the circumstances, castes and societal classes involved. The various warrior castes will undoubtedly have their own issues with any and all romantic involvements but any long term involvement will always come up to the fact that the warrior castes are lifelong warriors of the Union. Their societal priorities will always lay on the state and the system that provides them their various societal priviliges; it is extremely unlikely that a warrior will abandon her status and warrior class to marry an alien male with whom she cannot have children with. Human males traveling and settling to the Union would not solve this issue for their warrior mates, the taboo of being attached to a male still remains and it would be hard for a human male to find gainful employment in a telepathic society.

Loroi civilians on the other hand, those don't have their status or warrior duties to worry about and would all come down to the personnal preferences of each individual. Furthermore the lack of access to males for the overwhelming majority of civlians would mean that they would certainly be interested in the idea of a romantic relationship. The taboo of being attached to a single male would remain but the loss of face wouldn't matter as much as it would be to a warrior. Of all the Loroi, the only ones who would be eligible to enter a human style marriage agreement would be any civilians bar those rich and influential enough to get access to males.

Onto the human side, the key issue would be the fact that Loroi and Humans can't interbreed and as such the relatioship would be onesided as on that tech level it should be easy to arrange for artificial surrogacy for humans but for Loroi it would fall flat on the restrictions put in place by the warrior castes. Civilians who have made peace with the fact that they will never have their own children would perhaps find raising human children to be an acceptable substitute (after accounting for the telepathic barrier).

Remember that marriage is the mutual agreement between two individuals (a man and a woman being the overwhelming norm) to create a family unit and as thus have offspring. Sex is a key component of marriage not only for pleasure/reproduction but because human intimacy is primarily sexual; having sex with your spouse is an expression of your desire to have offspring with them and both the concsious and subconcsious minds place great importance to it.

This is where the key difference between Loroi and Humans lays. Human intimacy is primarily sexual, Loroi intimacy is primarily telepathic and disconnected from sex. Loroi do find sex pleasurable and they do 'lust' for it but they don't have the overriding intimate thirst for it that humans have. On the other hand humans cannot communicate telepathically and as such they cannot fulfill the telapthic intimate need for their Loroi partner.

All in all, it would take effort for all parties involved to have a human style emotional relationship/marriage. Sex between a Loroi and a human would be pleasurable but the road is distinctly different and has other obstacles than a traditional relationship between a man and a woman.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

dragoongfa wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:49 am
There are far more differences that have yet to be addressed in the comic but have been covered in the insider and various Q & A posts in the forum.

Loroi society is a caste based stratocracy, with the various warrior castes having firm control of the society at large. The civilian underclass is largely left to their own devices but they are generally not allowed access to males and are given any say so to the government.

Loroi males are rare (about 1 in 9 Loroi born being males), this scarcity is then further compounded by societal controls put in place for population control. Access to males is carefully controlled and given to warriors who have earned their keep. As thus males are solely there for reproduction reasons and sex, although pleasurable, is pursued primarily for reproduction. Because of this emotional attachment between Loroi males and females are considered taboo; the female obsessing over a particular male would be seen in a negative light and would bring her trouble in her social status.
Males on the other hand have no tangible reason to become emotionally attached to a female, the access scheme put in place guarantees that there will always be an other female to meet and pass the time with and as thus there is no need for them to emotionally invest themselves in a particular female. If a male begins developing feelings for some reason then their caretakers will take appropriate measures to ensure their well being regardless of the emotions said male will have.

Interactions between Human men and Loroi females will depend on the circumstances, castes and societal classes involved. The various warrior castes will undoubtedly have their own issues with any and all romantic involvements but any long term involvement will always come up to the fact that the warrior castes are lifelong warriors of the Union. Their societal priorities will always lay on the state and the system that provides them their various societal priviliges; it is extremely unlikely that a warrior will abandon her status and warrior class to marry an alien male with whom she cannot have children with. Human males traveling and settling to the Union would not solve this issue for their warrior mates, the taboo of being attached to a male still remains and it would be hard for a human male to find gainful employment in a telepathic society.

Loroi civilians on the other hand, those don't have their status or warrior duties to worry about and would all come down to the personnal preferences of each individual. Furthermore the lack of access to males for the overwhelming majority of civlians would mean that they would certainly be interested in the idea of a romantic relationship. The taboo of being attached to a single male would remain but the loss of face wouldn't matter as much as it would be to a warrior. Of all the Loroi, the only ones who would be eligible to enter a human style marriage agreement would be any civilians bar those rich and influential enough to get access to males.

Onto the human side, the key issue would be the fact that Loroi and Humans can't interbreed and as such the relatioship would be onesided as on that tech level it should be easy to arrange for artificial surrogacy for humans but for Loroi it would fall flat on the restrictions put in place by the warrior castes. Civilians who have made peace with the fact that they will never have their own children would perhaps find raising human children to be an acceptable substitute (after accounting for the telepathic barrier).

Remember that marriage is the mutual agreement between two individuals (a man and a woman being the overwhelming norm) to create a family unit and as thus have offspring. Sex is a key component of marriage not only for pleasure/reproduction but because human intimacy is primarily sexual; having sex with your spouse is an expression of your desire to have offspring with them and both the concsious and subconcsious minds place great importance to it.

This is where the key difference between Loroi and Humans lays. Human intimacy is primarily sexual, Loroi intimacy is primarily telepathic and disconnected from sex. Loroi do find sex pleasurable and they do 'lust' for it but they don't have the overriding intimate thirst for it that humans have. On the other hand humans cannot communicate telepathically and as such they cannot fulfill the telapthic intimate need for their Loroi partner.

All in all, it would take effort for all parties involved to have a human style emotional relationship/marriage. Sex between a Loroi and a human would be pleasurable but the road is distinctly different and has other obstacles than a traditional relationship between a man and a woman.
I was at least partially aware of all you said....but you know it more.

Regarding the telepathic bond....super Loroi like Fireblade could bypass that...hard.

That would truly be a beyond normal experience.

Average Loroi cannot break the human barrier, but super's like Fireblade can share memories.

That kind of bond would be a level that we have not ecperienced but would enjoy....men would say I know.

Given the state regulations of procreation, it seems the oldest profession is not really a thing in Loroi culture.

Because the state already regulates it heavily. And it's not the women marketing themselves to men like objects like some human ones do.

I think the human culture would be seen as weak to them, since it is a direct reversal or inversal of their own (men rule, women are often treated like Loroi males sadly or worse).

EDIT: So Loroi warriors mate at 10 years old?!

What? They mature faster and are like 20 at 10 instead of a human 10 year old girl? Otherwise that sounds....really disturbing.
Last edited by Bamax on Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

There are bound to be things from loroi and human cultures that both parties are likely to be turned off by. But that doesn't stop some curious minds from exploring.

While it seems that loroi derive intimacy from telepathy and not sex, it could also be that the loroi simply have not discovered or conceived of gaining intimacy through sex as well. Think about it. When you are taught from birth, "You exist to be a warrior. You may have sex with a male when you have finished your trials. Then you will move on," then of course you cannot expect to gain intimacy through sex. Intimacy can only generate if there is a bond between two individuals and it is allowed to grow. Since loroi are encouraged to love but discouraged from attachment, especially when it comes to males, of course they will have never known the wonders (and burdens) of making intimacy.

It's possible that the introduction of humans into loroi society will give the loroi, both warrior and civilian alike, a new psychological perspective and cultural shift. Some may like it. Some may not. Just like humans. The loroi may discover something that they've never felt before. Or it might awaken emotions and thoughts within themselves that have lied dormant.

And for humans too. Modern humans value equality and personal freedom. The loroi it seems value strength and courage above all. Not to the point that they will commit martyrdom since that seems strategically unsound, but they expect all loroi to commit to the good of the group and have the physical and mental capacity to overcome any challenge. What the loroi possibly are trying to convey to the rest of the galaxy (other than 'surrender, fall in line or be destroyed') is that if you want something, you must fight for it. Humans could gain much from this philosophy, if they do not risk sacrificing the morals and humanism that has helped humanity progress into a better people.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Bamax wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:11 am

Regarding the telepathic bond....super Loroi like Fireblade could bypass that...hard.

Average Loroi cannot break the human barrier, but super's like Fireblade can share memories.

That kind of bond would be a level that we have not ecperienced but would enjoy....men would say I know.

Given the state regulations of procreation, it seems the oldest profession is not really a thing in Loroi culture.

Because the state already regulates it heavily. And it's not the women marketing themselves to men like objects like some human ones do.

I think the human culture would be seen as weak to them, since it is a direct reversal or inversal of their own (men rule, women are often treated like Loroi males sadly or worse).
Telepathic power on Fireblade's level and beyond is rare and the circumstances involving the breach of human resistance could be difficult (remember that Alex was almost dead/hadn't died for long when he first 'sensed' her). Still without a way to reciprocate there is no way that a Loroi would get to share an intimate moment of their own with the human in question. Perhaps later in the comic a roundabout way will be shown but for now it would be a one way communication.

I doubt that the Loroi would perceive human culture as weak, up until recently humans were extremely ruthless and efficient in the way we exploited one an other. We will probably return to do that when/if global circumstances take a turn for the worse. Human societies are extremely resilient, especially homogenized societies with common wants and beliefs.

Loroi males aren't being mistreated, it's a pampered and sheltered lifestyle and they can pursue a wide variety of lifestyles and professions unique to their sex (even to become a celibate monk). The comparison to human females falls short on many levels. They are both societal oriented in their outlooks but the differences are glaring.

Modern women in the developed world (and thus the comic) are vastly different from the women of a century ago (and beyond). They are for all intents and purposes equal to men and they should also be 'unbound' by the societal need to carry and give birth to children by a variety of artificial means that are currently being developed..

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Who said Loroi don't dance? I think I've said several times that they do.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Arioch wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:05 am
Who said Loroi don't dance? I think I've said several times that they do.

Oh...that is good. Thanks for the correction.

The text is like one long scroll in the database so it is easy to misread.

Like the database would be easier to read if it was put iin like a wikipedia style LOL, where stuff is inside a spoliler unless you want to know it you click it.

Not saying change it, I rather read your comic than you have to spend time updating the database if it comes to that.

That Loroi dance is great...as I can totally see 'I am named Nonnos but you may only say Spiral' dancing given the flair she gives off.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

dragoongfa wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:54 am
Bamax wrote:

Telepathic power on Fireblade's level and beyond is rare and the circumstances involving the breach of human resistance could be difficult (remember that Alex was almost dead/hadn't died for long when he first 'sensed' her). Still without a way to reciprocate there is no way that a Loroi would get to share an intimate moment of their own with the human in question. Perhaps later in the comic a roundabout way will be shown but for now it would be a one way communication.

I doubt that the Loroi would perceive human culture as weak, up until recently humans were extremely ruthless and efficient in the way we exploited one an other. We will probably return to do that when/if global circumstances take a turn for the worse. Human societies are extremely resilient, especially homogenized societies with common wants and beliefs.

Loroi males aren't being mistreated, it's a pampered and sheltered lifestyle and they can pursue a wide variety of lifestyles and professions unique to their sex (even to become a celibate monk). The comparison to human females falls short on many levels. They are both societal oriented in their outlooks but the differences are glaring.

Modern women in the developed world (and thus the comic) are vastly different from the women of a century ago (and beyond). They are for all intents and purposes equal to men and they should also be 'unbound' by the societal need to carry and give birth to children by a variety of artificial means that are currently being developed..

What I mean is that to Loroi, men that look like their own doing warrior stuff would seem like a paradox.

The same as it is for guys,seeing human women being soldiers. They do not prefer it nor do they want them killed on the battle lines.

And I do not doubt that Loroi males have it somewhat better than IRL females because it is a fictional society.

It seems that Loroi males are basically honored courtesans (that's a more polite word).

Given all the partners....do they have to worry about STD's?

Humans do for several reasons which include among them dangerous non-procreative stimulation between partners which oftem causes health problems and doctor visits.

Humans are a lot more messy and hardly as uniform as the Loroi or any other scifi race. I know the Loroi have variations in culture, but humanity being real in all will always have more due to being real.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Bamax wrote:

What? They mature faster and are like 20 at 10 instead of a human 10 year old girl? Otherwise that sounds....really disturbing.
Yes, the Loroi do mature at nine years old and are fully capable to procreate at that age.

They are an alien bio engineered species, and they seem to be a 'beta' version at that. With the extreme reproductive potential, longevity and wildly iconsisten telepathic potential (from individual to individual) it is obvious that they still needed some tinkering if they were to be part of whatever the grand plan of the Soia was.
Bamax wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:41 am

What I mean is that to Loroi, men that look like their own doing warrior stuff would seem like a paradox.

The same as it is for guys,seeing human women being soldiers. They do not prefer it nor do they want them killed on the battle lines.
It would be harder for humans than for the Loroi because of the telepathic blindspot. They do look like attractive women to us but we lack the telepathic mental signature that they are accustomed with since birth. For a parallel imagine if we met an alien species that looked exactly like us but for some reason we were completely unable to hear them at all.
No matter how they looked we would immediately categorize them as an 'other', at least subconsciously.

To the Loroi the telepathic blindspot is a cause to 'other' humans and one cannot easily empathize with an 'other'

Doubtful, as a complete bio engineered species with a radically different biochemistry with the biospheres they came to inhabit in, it is unlikely that they would have such a specialized disease be an issue. Fungal and bacterial infections are possible but the radically different biochemistry would make them inconvinient at most.

Even if STDs were an issues it's doubtful that the male access scheme would allow such diseases to spread and it is certain that the Loroi would spare no expense or effort to permanently erase such diseases as their society hinges on the controlled access to males.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

dragoongfa wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:42 pm
Bamax wrote:

Yes, the Loroi do mature at nine years old and are fully capable to procreate at that age.

They are an alien bio engineered species, and they seem to be a 'beta' version at that. With the extreme reproductive potential, longevity and wildly iconsisten telepathic potential (from individual to individual) it is obvious that they still needed some tinkering if they were to be part of whatever the grand plan of the Soia was.
Bamax wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:41 am

It would be harder for humans than for the Loroi because of the telepathic blindspot. They do look like attractive women to us but we lack the telepathic mental signature that they are accustomed with since birth. For a parallel imagine if we met an alien species that looked exactly like us but for some reason we were completely unable to hear them at all.
No matter how they looked we would immediately categorize them as an 'other', at least subconsciously.

To the Loroi the telepathic blindspot is a cause to 'other' humans and one cannot easily empathize with an 'other'

Doubtful, as a complete bio engineered species with a radically different biochemistry with the biospheres they came to inhabit in, it is unlikely that they would have such a specialized disease be an issue. Fungal and bacterial infections are possible but the radically different biochemistry would make them inconvinient at most.

Even if STDs were an issues it's doubtful that the male access scheme would allow such diseases to spread and it is certain that the Loroi would spare no expense or effort to permanently erase such diseases as their society hinges on the controlled access to males.
Thanks.

I presume the Loroi are not keen on drug abuse? Since it would not help tge warrior cause?

Like I cannot see them smoking stuff or getting drunk or popping pills. It would really screw up their teleoathy no doubt.

Or do they have drug abuse issues but they either solve it or cull those who cannot get over their addiction?
Rather certain I read the Loroi do cull those who are unwell at times, although it is a last resort since Loroi are compassionate as women are.

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

To Bamax,

As powerful and disciplined as the loroi are, I'm sure there are bound to be loroi who take either pills or intoxicating beverages to relax. While it is not as extreme a drug, coffee is delicious among humans but is technically a drug for its source of caffeine. And the loroi take noilir, coffee's alien counterpart, for its soothing effects.

I seem to recall that Commander Stillstorm had to be taken off duty for a while to mentally recover from the trauma of battle. Who's to say that she did not use something, either over the counter or by exchanging some creds behind a street corner, to fight off the night terrors? You may be right that loroi don't strike us as drug abusers or tolerate it, but its bound to happen to some.

Plus alcohol is mentioned in the Trade lexicon, so I'm sure there are loroi that, when officially off duty, like to 'let loose'.

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

Snoofman wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:12 am
To Bamax,

As powerful and disciplined as the loroi are, I'm sure there are bound to be loroi who take either pills or intoxicating beverages to relax. While it is not as extreme a drug, coffee is delicious among humans but is technically a drug for its source of caffeine. And the loroi take noilir, coffee's alien counterpart, for its soothing effects.

I seem to recall that Commander Stillstorm had to be taken off duty for a while to mentally recover from the trauma of battle. Who's to say that she did not use something, either over the counter or by exchanging some creds behind a street corner, to fight off the night terrors? You may be right that loroi don't strike us as drug abusers or tolerate it, but its bound to happen to some.

Plus alcohol is mentioned in the Trade lexicon, so I'm sure there are loroi that, when officially off duty, like to 'let loose'.

I never supposed the Loroi were like ST Vulcans! Spiral's very existence is proof that Loroi are quite capable of not being serious.

What I meant is given what I know of their warrior culture, they are unlikely to tolerate a drug abuser who refuses rehabilitation or if rehabilitation has failed utterly.

They would just cull him or her.

Whem I say drug abuss I mean a chronic ongoing issue. Not something they recover from I am talking years upon years of hitting the bottle, popping pills, and getting 'high' as humans like to call it.

For what it is worth, Loroi telepathy can br such an enchanting experience that I really don't see a need for Loroi to use stuff like LSD.

Like Stillstorm as part of her rehabilitayion could easily have been brought back memories of the past before the war in 3-D by other Loroi to help her remember what she is fighting for and why she must never quit.

Memories are very vivid and 3-D as Fireblsde's shared dream with Alex showed.

boldilocks

Post by boldilocks »

To me, I think the biggest disconnect between loroi and human psychology would be that what to a human would be a serious and life-long commitment to anything, whether a cause or a government or a relationship, would essentially never amount to more than a tenth of a loroi lifespan.

A maximum of maybe 70 years of human military or public service with futuristic medical treatments, compared to a 7-800 year loroi career.
It seems like the way humans and loroi would view life and service would be very alien to one another.
Imagine if there were 2 species of humans, 1 with normal human lifespans, and 1 with the lifespan of a dog.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

boldilocks wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:36 pm
To me, I think the biggest disconnect between loroi and human psychology would be that what to a human would be a serious and life-long commitment to anything, whether a cause or a government or a relationship, would essentially never amount to more than a tenth of a loroi lifespan.

A maximum of maybe 70 years of human military or public service with futuristic medical treatments, compared to a 7-800 year loroi career.
It seems like the way humans and loroi would view life and service would be very alien to one another.
Imagine if there were 2 species of humans, 1 with normal human lifespans, and 1 with the lifespan of a dog.
Loroi live up to 400, 450 with the treatments they are willing to go through. Your point still stands but an order of magnitude lessened.

wolf329

Post by wolf329 »

I think in terms of sexuality or individual romance, Loroi would find the usual human one to one to be very odd. However, I wonder how early on in the post-Soia era the current strict structure of limited access for males developed. The very nature of the 1:9 ratio would limit access from the start, and a primitive, less structured society would simply work around it. I doubt males would run around trying to hump everything that moved all the time. Also, while there are tales of how individual romance between a male and a female nearly all lead to suffering how much of those are spread intentionally, to maintain the status quo?

I think one of the main barriers between human/loroi interaction would be appearances. While humans tend to be more open minded...

ImageImage

..It's unlikely most sentient races are this way. Talon may be eye-fucking Alex in practically every other panel they're in together, but it's more likely that given his slender build and short height he seems a lot more like a Loroi than most humans.
#1 Tempo simp

Fun fact: did you know that "Loroi Union" has the same number of syllables as "California"?

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

That's a nice warning sign.

Thanks for sharing... :)
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Bamax

Post by Bamax »

I heard Loroi have strong digestion systems.

What can they eat that humans cannot? Humans CAN eat a lot more variety than virtually any other creature on Earth, they just do not like eating some things.

What are some Earth foods that humans can eat but Loroi would have problems with if any?

If this question is null and void because it really does not matter then feel free to ignore it, especially if there is no official anser.

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

Bamax wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:16 am
I heard Loroi have strong digestion systems.

What can they eat that humans cannot? Humans CAN eat a lot more variety than virtually any other creature on Earth, they just do not like eating some things.

What are some Earth foods that humans can eat but Loroi would have problems with if any?

If this question is null and void because it really does not matter then feel free to ignore it, especially if there is no official anser.
Not sure biochemically. But I can safely bet that loroi would have a huge problem with dairy products. Which is a shame... because we’ve got some amazing ice cream. Oh well. More Ben and Jerry’s for us humans!

wolf329

Post by wolf329 »

I don't know, they might not be all that big on the "Hey, this giant mammal is lactating, I'm gonna steal some of that and drink it!" thing that humans pulled, but that doesn't mean they're lactose intolerant. Also, Alex might just not tell them what ice cream is until after they've had some.

#1 Tempo simp

Fun fact: did you know that "Loroi Union" has the same number of syllables as "California"?

Snoofman

Post by Snoofman »

wolf329 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:42 am
I don't know, they might not be all that big on the "Hey, this giant mammal is lactating, I'm gonna steal some of that and drink it!" thing that humans pulled, but that doesn't mean they're lactose intolerant. Also, Alex might just not tell them what ice cream is until after they've had some.

Bow-chicka-HONK-HONK!!!