Page 90

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Gudo

Page 90

Post by Gudo »

Ah, Mickey Mouse... Truly the Patron Saint of fallen soldiers. :) So much better than some of the other suggestions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0

Ktrain

Re: Page 90

Post by Ktrain »

Haul yo ass out of der boy.

Now what was Mr. Klikclak trying to say at the end? Did he/it lose composure?
OUTSIDER UPDATE => HALF LIFE 3 CONFIRMED?

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

I cannot tell who Tempo and Stillstorm are glaring at, each other? Is Stillstorm ordering Tempo to kill the com? Or is she glaring at Alex?

Grayhome

Post by Grayhome »

I think he was laughing.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I don't know about you, but I laughed. Leave it to Alexander to find a way to keep a positive attitude even when things seem at their worst.

I don't know what Captain Electric Bug-aloo is saying. Laughter seems like it could be a possibility, although when I tried speaking his onomatopoeia out loud, it sounded more like he was cursing repeatedly.

I think Stillstorm is saying to Tempo: "There, it said its words. Are you satisfied? Now get that thing off my bridge!"

The close-up of the patch was a nice touch. I mean, they're supposed to symbolize the mission as a whole. All the people who were on it, and all the people who worked behind the scenes to make it happen, who are counting on them to succeed...

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

ok, if we were the 1st April i would call April fool.

From all the possibility i had in my mind, this wasn't part of it.

Can we skip to the part were Beryl learn English and translate what Alex just said?

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

*Sniff* The manliest tears.
Ashrain is best rain.

starstriker1

Post by starstriker1 »

The blatantly obvious foreshadowing for Beryl figuring out exactly what he said does not make me look forward to the questions (and the inevitably uncomfortably awkward explanation). Was kinda hoping Alex would improvise something less stupid, but after the last page (with the invoking of Murphy's law when he thought "they'll never figure it out")... well, it could have been worse. At least the closeup on the patch added some sincerity to the whole thing.

Sorry, I've got very low tolerance for plots built around embarrassing the main characters. I end up empathizing too much and it is physically painful for me. :/

Fireblade

Post by Fireblade »

The Loroi have no way of knowing who Mickey Mouse is, so even if they learn English, I don't see how they could regard this missive as anything other than a heartfelt ceremonial recitation.

Gudo

Post by Gudo »

Fireblade wrote:The Loroi have no way of knowing who Mickey Mouse is, so even if they learn English, I don't see how they could regard this missive as anything other than a heartfelt ceremonial recitation.
So far, but...
Karst45 wrote:Can we skip to the part were Beryl learn English and translate what Alex just said?
Yes please! ^^; On the bright side, it should give the historians (not necessarily the "species") a laugh.

manticore7

Post by manticore7 »

Alex seems to be well versed in what are probably outdated pop culture refrences, (sorta of like Tom Paris) bet it got a lot of laughs at the Academy.
"Worlds governed by artificial intelligence often learned a hard lesson, Logic doesn't care"
Andromeda season 2 episode 6 All too Human

man_of_foul_tofu

Post by man_of_foul_tofu »

Well, I thought that it was a nice option to be placing into the storyline. It gives a nice childhood link to the explorers where they loose their childhood and start to be grownups & where the adventure becomes real ...

Better than some sonorous Shakespearian sonnet ...

I can't believe I thought that a futuristic interplanetary searcher would be able to trot out a bit of English Shakespeare to signify a scary moment.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

Saying impertinent things is apparently one of Alex's specialties. But in this case, I don't think it was really that silly at all, its like those people that would rather remember the good times they had in life than mourn the pain of loss.

manticore7

Post by manticore7 »

I meant he must have been great at parties,
"Worlds governed by artificial intelligence often learned a hard lesson, Logic doesn't care"
Andromeda season 2 episode 6 All too Human

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Sorus

Post by Sorus »

Ha!

Of all the things I was expecting, (even something that would have been rather lowbrow) this certainly was not it.

NOMAD

Post by NOMAD »

Well, give all the thing that Alex could have said, the ending song of the Mickey Mouse club is actually very emotional for this moment

ECS-154 "Never behind" . . . :cry: I wish is wasn't true for the rest of the Bells crew

Boy I would give anything to see what Still-Storm said to Tempo: I agree with Icekatze, is seems to me to be "its dones, get him off my bridge" feel to it.

I wounder is the Umiak hammer is coming in to hits the 51st fan; given kilk-27 reaction. but does these mean he was telling the truth ?
I am a wander, going from place to place without a home I am a NOMAD

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

Ktrain wrote:Now what was Mr. Klikclak trying to say at the end? Did he/it lose composure?
Damn. He is clearly making panicked tantrum. Maybe he just lost his promised promotion.
But when I look the translation, I just get feeling that he is hungry. Sh*t.
Supporter of forum RPG

Markward

Post by Markward »

Well, as far as thoughtful words go, those were least expected, and worth the laughs.

Random Person

Post by Random Person »

Well, I guess Mr. Roger's Neighborhood's ending song would have been a bit inappropriate for a eulogy.
Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down? It's not my department. -Wernher von Braun