WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

GeoModder

Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Post by GeoModder »

That's a mighty long corridor...

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

Looks like those things are either some specialized gear (space suits?) or supplies for their upcoming journey.

Beryl and the new girl look cuuuuuuuuute. :)
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling-place
The stars my destination

Skaro

Post by Skaro »

ed_montague wrote:Looks like those things are either some specialized gear (space suits?) or supplies for their upcoming journey.
Maybe he'll be given some kind of formal attire.

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

Who's ready for a piiiicniiiiic?
Ashrain is best rain.

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I wonder if this is the same hallway as in page 42?

Wintermute

Post by Wintermute »

Beryl's looking good.

Karst45

Post by Karst45 »

ed_montague wrote:Looks like those things are either some specialized gear (space suits?) or supplies for their upcoming journey.

beryl wasnt cute before?

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

Karst45 wrote:

beryl wasnt cute before?
Beryl is always cute. :geek:
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination

discord

Post by discord »

so, now we have shoe girl and backpack? girl.....i am still wondering where the 'kick me sign is though....

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

Whee, page 100. Congrats, Arioch.

"Little white-haired one?" Wow, Alex. Ever the charmer.
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination

SinnerDragoon

Post by SinnerDragoon »

Hello I'm new here. I am really enjoying Outsiders a lot keep up the good work.
With that being said I am enjoying Alex and his ongoing antagonizing of fireblade. Kinda makes me wonder what will develop between the two. Will she beat the crap out of him? will she give in to his charm? How come I picture her and him getting drunk and her dropping the silent tough girl act sobbing on his shoulder about something with him looking very uncomfortable?

man_of_foul_tofu

Post by man_of_foul_tofu »

physical violence seems not to take place in this universe, there is the use of large objects called 'space ships' which is a far more commonly used element.

a_wanderer

Post by a_wanderer »

New member here. I'm very pleased to discover this story is still alive. I've hopscotched through some of the discussions in this forum, so here are some random thoughts from an outsider.

1. The manner in which you describe the "Wave Loom" reminds me of the PPD (Plasmatic Pulse Device) used in StarFleet Battles. It is a heavy weapon which does damage over multiple turns.

2. The Lorli are certainly hiding something but it's not war secrets, or not just war secrets, the appearance of humans has unnerved them.

3. Lacking a solid background of the debates here, I'm going with the theory that a third party destroyed the Bellermine. It might be a "new" race or a faction within the existing groups.

SinnerDragoon

Post by SinnerDragoon »

man_of_foul_tofu wrote:physical violence seems not to take place in this universe, there is the use of large objects called 'space ships' which is a far more commonly used element.
Fireblde used her mind powers on Jardin to shove him into a wall though she didn't physically touch him he was physically harmed.
a_wanderer wrote:New member here. I'm very pleased to discover this story is still alive. I've hopscotched through some of the discussions in this forum, so here are some random thoughts from an outsider.

2. The Lorli are certainly hiding something but it's not war secrets, or not just war secrets, the appearance of humans has unnerved them.
I agree here definitely something going on and with the revelation that the bugs can now hid themselves from the Lori detection systems has me thinking the other human ship that was sent out to find the two species has something to do with it. I imagine the fact they cant read the human mind like they can other minds has them unnerved more than anything.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

SinnerDragoon wrote:Hello I'm new here. I am really enjoying Outsiders a lot keep up the good work.
With that being said I am enjoying Alex and his ongoing antagonizing of fireblade. Kinda makes me wonder what will develop between the two. Will she beat the crap out of him? will she give in to his charm? How come I picture her and him getting drunk and her dropping the silent tough girl act sobbing on his shoulder about something with him looking very uncomfortable?
The hypothesis that I've put forward before is that Alex will pick on Fireblade for a while and then discover that she's more than a bit of an outsider to Loroi society herself, at which point he'll switch gears and we'll them become friendly...or more...
a_wanderer wrote:2. The Lorli are certainly hiding something but it's not war secrets, or not just war secrets, the appearance of humans has unnerved them.
IIRC The Loroi are the last of the Soia-Liron races to find their counterpart, previously they used the lack of a counterpart to justify themselves being the special creations of the Soia who were destined to take the Soia's place as the leaders of the galaxy. The appearance of humans has the potential to shatter that. Of course that's assuming that humans aren't an Umiak creation made specifically to cause this destabilization.
3. Lacking a solid background of the debates here, I'm going with the theory that a third party destroyed the Bellermine. It might be a "new" race or a faction within the existing groups.
I believe that that is the general consensus as well, though the debates are ever-present.

bunnyboy

Post by bunnyboy »

CaptainChaos wrote:I wonder if this is the same hallway as in page 42?
Yes it is. Only that now they turned on to left and last time they turned on to right (and took the elevator).
Supporter of forum RPG

Trantor

Post by Trantor »

discord wrote:so, now we have shoe girl and backpack? girl...
Elloroi? :D
sapere aude.

Solemn

Post by Solemn »

SinnerDragoon wrote:dropping the silent tough girl act
I don't think the silent tough girl thing is something I'd call an "act," in her case.

More a "way of life."

Hālian

Post by Hālian »

SinnerDragoon wrote:How come I picture her and him getting drunk and her dropping the silent tough girl act sobbing on his shoulder about something with him looking very uncomfortable?
Because that is a thing that some drunk people do. :)
Don't delay, join today!

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

>Sees WIP thread<
>Makes squeeing noise<
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination