Reply to topic  [ 1855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
WIP Discussion (Part 1!) 

Post Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)
I can still see, just only on youtube, and not embedded here

System view Leido Crossroads: page 123

Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:30 am

Not really a work in progress, but still...

Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:54 am

Why tweet when you can draw from the well?

Is that outfit taken from something?

Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:03 am

Because I usually access the comic through active topics, or through my twitter feed, so I did not see this image on the well of souls....

Thanks for pointing me. :)

Edit. And thanks to Dragoongfa for commissioning this piece of art! /edit

Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:21 am

Krulle wrote:
Because I usually access the comic through active topics, or through my twitter feed, so I did not see this image on the well of souls....

Thanks for pointing me. :)

Edit. And thanks to Dragoongfa for commissioning this piece of art! /edit

You are welcome :mrgreen:

Looking forward to the mirror (Delayed editing)
Reforged (Irregular updates)
The Pale Horse (Completed, could use some editing)

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:19 am

I thought Stillstorm hailed from Taben, not the shadowlands of Perrein? :mrgreen:

Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:54 pm

Well these two beauties have rather grim expressions!

[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:53 pm

sunphoenix wrote:

"Beryl, you were instructed to exchange information, not turn the cockpit into a bawdy house!"

Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:05 am

At some point... I'd LOVE to see Tempo... let her hair down to show us all those lovely cascades of lustrous dark hair!!!

[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:34 pm

sunphoenix wrote:

"You have quite some explaining to do, buster....!"

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:19 pm

Hopefully Tempo is simply dissatisfied with all the delays in establishing proper diplomatic ties and not stoically staring out a porthole at the damaged remains of a now ruined airlock.

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:37 am

She's not. Page 143 is up on patron... she's more likely all business about discussing rationing their resources for a potentially long term survival assuming no help is comming in the near future. Prabably coordinating to have one of the pilots go Eva to check the ship for unreported exterior damage and preserving atmo and asertain food supplies. She looks all business looking to get folks moving doing what is needed to survive rather than idly worry over their dicey perdicament. She looks amazing... no dispair or hopelessness in her at all.. natural leader stuff!

She's awesome!

[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:55 am

While the new pages aren't up yet, guess I'll take a stab at what might be going on in the teaser. I'm bound to be wrong though :D

Tempo has that look on her face that, in my opinion, translates to "Captain Jardin, there have been too many coincidences over the past few weeks, a few too many for my liking. Now, if you're not a Shell trick or otherwise involved in this, please do explain to me, why the Shells were shooting at us specifically? It is as if they knew somebody important was on board, somebody who's worth the 14 torpedoes when even one would be more than enough to pulverize this shuttle".

Either way, I'm happy to see Tempo again, was starting to miss her :oops:

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:23 am

Jardin's Reply - "There's no time for us... there's no place for us! What is this thing ~ that fills our dreams, yet slips away from us?"
"Do you want to live forever? If the main fleet is engaging or fleeing.. why would the loroi suddenly launch a single high speed shuttle when the fleet is moving away from it ~ UNLESS it was VERY important?!? Use common sense!"

[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:27 pm

The shuttle was already in transit when the Umiak came. Then again, Talon did let slip they're carrying a very important alien diplomat to Clearbrook.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:23 pm

entity2636 wrote:
somebody who's worth the 14 torpedoes when even one would be more than enough to pulverize this shuttle".

Pretty sure the torpedoes acquired the shuttle automatically.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:50 pm

Sunphoenix - you have the (unfair) advantage of having seen pages 142 and 143 while I haven't. Indeed, she could just as well be talking about any number of things, but her believing all this is somehow Alex's fault and confronting him about it just seems more natural to me. If it ends up not being the case and Tempo is floating closer to the pilot's console to get a clearer picture of their situation and taking command of the mission (she is the most senior officer on board across all the castes represented and the one closest to the command branch), I will be even happier.

Werra - you're right, they may have intercepted Talon's rant.

Boldilocks - maybe, maybe not. If the torpedoes acquired the shuttle automatically, or rather reacquired a new target on their own after they had been launched at the Gora relay, it would present a serious vulnerability in their targeting/guidance system. A simple decoy or a lone starfighter could then be used to lure a complete torpedo salvo away from a capital ship. The loroi wouldn't be that blind or stupid to not having noticed such a flaw if it were present.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm

Well, there must be a reason why Tempo is coming over in person. She can get a full report and give any order she likes from the back. So she's likely there to keep Alex informed.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:26 pm

From the look of things, gravity in the shuttle seems restored.
At least, both Tempo and Fireblade seem to be walking rather then floating in zero-gravity.

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:02 pm

It may just have seemed as if the torpedoes go for the shuttle, while actually going for the station, as both were in one line as seen from the Umiak ships.
Furthermore, if one missile destroys the shuttle, the other missiles retarget to the station...

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:18 pm

It might not make any practical difference with how the Umiak use torpedoes. Faced with equal forces, Umiak torpedoes seem to do damage extremely rarely. Those that do don't connect but explode close enough. If a dozen torpedoes target a fighter or shuttle operating close by the aimed at target, that's good enough, as the Loroi have to expend effort to catch the torpedoes soon enough then anyway.

Next question: Did the crew bring a spare space suit for Alex for emergencies and will they make him wear his space romper like a good boy?

Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:29 pm

entity2636 wrote:
Sunphoenix - you have the (unfair) advantage of having seen pages 142 and 143 while I haven't. Indeed, she could just as well be talking about any number of things, but her believing all this is somehow Alex's fault and confronting him about it just seems more natural to me. If it ends up not being the case and Tempo is floating closer to the pilot's console to get a clearer picture of their situation and taking command of the mission (she is the most senior officer on board across all the castes represented and the one closest to the command branch), I will be even happier.

'Shrug' I don't see how my spending $2.00 a page to support a comic I really enjoy is an "unfair" advantage... but ignoring that... I don't see how Tempo could possibly conjecture the Umiak attack was in any way Alex's fault. If the Umiak went to all the trouble 'mock-up" some loroid spy.... why in the world would they target him with a lethal barrage of torpedos before he gets to anyplace he could actually find Intel to feed them? How would the Umiak even know he was on the shuttle....they certainly did not tell the loroi to send the spy on a shuttle to their system Depot just so they could blow him up with a barrage of torpedos!?! That makes no common sense! The Umiak are clearly trying to prevent any loroi ships from escaping the star system to report on thier invasion incursion fleet's advance!

[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:29 pm

hi hi

sunphoenix wrote:
'Shrug' I don't see how my spending $2.00 a page to support a comic I really enjoy is an "unfair" advantage.
If someone is trying to speculate on something they haven't seen, with people who haven't seen it, and someone else comes into the discussion with future knowledge, then the people who don't have future knowledge can't make informed responses.

In a different context, someone could buy an advanced baseball bat and play baseball with others, but if they're playing a game with people who don't also have advanced baseball bats, it's not exactly a fair contest.

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:45 pm
Profile WWW

To clear up a few things now:

First, Kikitik-27 most likely had seen Alex on the Tempest's bridge during the banter between it (him?) and Stillstorm unless the camera angle was quite narrow and Alex remained out of view.

But still, the Umiak have to assume that SG51 picked up something valuable from the wreck, and that there's something the Loroi wouldn't want to let fall into Umiak claws since they blasted the wreck into pieces as soon as they had to retreat.

While the Umiak offensive may have been already underway, there'd have been enough possibilities for Kikitik-27 to inform the rest of the approaching fleet that SG51 may be a priority target because of highly important cargo/intel on board. After all, he himself followed SG51 all the way from Naam to Leido.

Then the Umiak watched a shuttle on a rendesvous course with a passing frigate, and backtracking its trajectory would lead them back to SG51. So the reasoning is that the Loroi must be shipping something - or someone - deeper into their own territory. Something they most probably have picked up from the wreck and - again - deemed too important to lose or risk in a battle.

Talon's rant over the comms might just have been a confirmation of what the Umiak assumed at that point.

As for the torpedoes being fired, the gunship crew itself or some targeting algorithm may have decided that two torpedoes might be enough to finish off the shuttle, and neither considered the possibility of Talon's daredevil flying.

So yes, Tempo might be in a right funk and being the Mizol she is could see conspiracies and treachery everywhere and give Talon (and maybe later Alex) the Third Degree, and lack of evidence would be just an incentive for her to dig further.

But often enough things just are what they look like and they had the worst of luck.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:25 pm

GeoModder wrote:
From the look of things, gravity in the shuttle seems restored.
At least, both Tempo and Fireblade seem to be walking rather then floating in zero-gravity.

Second to last panel of 143, Tempo's pose suggests that they're still floating. Most likely retaining an upright position relative to the "up" direction as indicated by the interior is a common convention while operationg in zero-g amongst the Loroi as well.

After all, it would be difficult to operate machinery and consoles while being upside down for starters, wouldn't it?

In addition, Talon advised the others to play possum for the time being. Cut down energy emissions and consumption, mimic a floating rock. And I bet that means cutting artificial gravity on purpose as well.

Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1855 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next