KSP 1.0

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

JasonXie

Re: KSP 1.0

Post by JasonXie »

icekatze wrote:hi hi

Still working with these an unmodded version of KSP, I was able to find OTC phentermine alternatives here and build an interplanetary refueling network.

First, I plop down a drilling and refinery rig on a spot with suitable resources.

Then I use a dropship to lift the refined fuel up to the orbiting fuel depot.

My various interplanetary ships can then refuel at any planet they go to... Assuming I don't overbuild them in the first place. :P
Have you finished the unmodded version of KSP? If yes, please update here. I want to try it and am waiting for it since your post.
Last edited by JasonXie on Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

Well, Kerbal Space Program isn't exactly a game with an ending, though there are certainly goals. I haven't had a chance to play it in a while, but I did accomplish a lot of things so far, all while maintaining my strict stance on not leaving debris in orbit.

I managed to visit Jool with some flybys. I think I already posted one image of my first attempt at a Jool flyby.

I also had a huge rescue mission that sent a team all the way out to Dres, because my earlier expedition encountered a bug and their lander disappeared. I made a lengthy post on the KSP forums, chronicling the whole misadventure.

I suppose the only big achievements I still need to aim for in the vanilla game are landing a craft on Eeloo, which I have yet to visit; and landing on Eve and returning samples from the surface, which is possibly the hardest challenge in the game. After that, maybe I'll try out the Galileo Planet Pack, which provides an entirely new solar system to explore.

SVlad

Post by SVlad »

I've started playing KSP before they implemented mining and always feels ISRU like cheating - it makes everything to easy.
PS
F2 to hide GUI, F1 to screenshot.
Outsider in Russian

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

I've also been playing KSP long before ISRU was added, back in 2012 to be precise. I have the exact opposite opinion, I think that ISRU is an interesting challenge in its own right, and that building a huge, multi-stage rocket to reach a planet in one go is significantly easier.

SVlad

Post by SVlad »

Everyone plays the way he likes. No offence.

Multistage rockets? No, multi module ships assembled on orbit, with separate landing and return vessels. Rarely use something bigger than "size 2" tanks and mainsails.
Also, staging is cool!
Outsider in Russian

RichardHernandez

Post by RichardHernandez »

I've also been playing KSP long before ISRU was added, back in 2012 to be precise. I have the exact same Dbal max results opposite opinion, I think that ISRU is an interesting challenge in its own right, and that building a huge, multi-stage rocket to reach a planet in one go is significantly easier.
I've also been playing KSP when ISRU wasn't there. But I like it more since ISRU has been added.
Last edited by RichardHernandez on Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

icekatze

Post by icekatze »

hi hi

One thing's for sure with ISRU, it promotes lots of practice with docking. I got to the point where, if the maneuver nodes bugged out and stopped working, I'd just run the intercept and dock by the seat of my pants cause I'd done it so much. ;)

GeoModder

Post by GeoModder »

That's a funny coincidence with the 'bot above. The Loroi aboard the Highland-7 do seem to have a security breach of sorts in an IT system.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

Not a very subtle posting algorithm, is it?

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

That one was not....
I wonder if it has to do with the bin I found in the storage compartment?

(not for future readers: I am referring to the current comic page, page 153)
Vote for Outsider on TWC: Image
charred steppes, borders of territories: page 59,
jump-map of local stars: page 121, larger map in Loroi: page 118,
System view Leido Crossroads: page 123, after the battle page 195

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

The bin has squirted another multitude of messages.
Why is this thread so luring?

Mithramuse

Post by Mithramuse »

Krulle wrote:The bin has squirted another multitude of messages.
Why is this thread so luring?
Maybe the "1.0" in the title? I dunno.... :?:

Krulle

Post by Krulle »

33 messages by the two spambots, replying to each other....
Wonderful...

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

The spambots do seem to love the KSP thread.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Must be because of an established search algorithm that hunts down frequently talked about topics that generate large threads or even megathreads in forums. The spam in this case would be buried in the mass of messages and perhaps evade attention and draw careless clicks.

Arioch
Site Admin

Post by Arioch »

dragoongfa wrote:Must be because of an established search algorithm that hunts down frequently talked about topics that generate large threads or even megathreads in forums. The spam in this case would be buried in the mass of messages and perhaps evade attention and draw careless clicks.
Well, it was a six month old thread and the bots each spammed about 15 new messages at the same time. Not likely to escape notice.

dragoongfa

Post by dragoongfa »

Spam bots are bound to be stupid (the smart bots are in twitter and facebook), the probably search for certain keywords in forums that are easy to register to.
In my experience KSP threads tend to become big in gaming and space oriented forums, in this case the thread is small so it failed in its mission :P

lanaroady

Post by lanaroady »

RichardHernandez wrote:

I've also been playing KSP long before ISRU was added, back in 2012 to be precise. I have the exact https://www.redadair.com opposite opinion, I think that ISRU is an interesting challenge in its own right, and that building a huge, multi-stage rocket to reach a planet in one go is significantly easier.
I've also been playing KSP when ISRU wasn't there. But I like it more since ISRU has been added.

ISRU Made this alive as the previous version was good but after ISRU it is just like WOW

danuis

Post by danuis »

I have KSP but not a computer to run it well. When I do, I want to bash together RSS and Interstellar and maybe a space-dock mod and just churn out a lot of my made-up interplanetary designs, hah.

Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Still working with an unmodded version use this sizegenetics of KSP, I was able to build an interplanetary refueling network.

First, I plop down a drilling and refinery rig on a spot with suitable resources.

Then I use a dropship to lift the refined fuel up to the orbiting fuel depot.

My various interplanetary ships Shark Tank Weight Loss how-to-lose-weight-how to cut weight visit sizegenetics where to buy sarms online review crazy bulk gnc can then refuel at any planet they go to... Assuming I don't overbuild them in the first place. :P
Hi Have you finished the unmodded version of KSP?
If yes, please update here.
I want to try it and am waiting for it since your post.
Last edited by Raymond on Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.