WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Discussion regarding the Outsider webcomic, science, technology and science fiction.

Moderator: Outsider Moderators

Solemn

Re: WIP Discussion (Part 1!)

Post by Solemn »

ed_montague wrote:On a completely unrelated note, bearded elf-girl pics are still bouncing around /tg/. I escape them for a moment, and *bam* another one pops up.
I'm not sure if I feel proud or ashamed.

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Re: new update

"But...don't you like me?"
Solemn wrote:I'm not sure if I feel proud or ashamed.
Go with both.

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

fredgiblet wrote:
Solemn wrote:I'm not sure if I feel proud or ashamed.
Go with both.
Heh. Be proud. That's what I did after I wrote my Romney/Santorum fanfic.

Whoops said too much.
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling-place
The stars my destination

sunphoenix

Post by sunphoenix »

ed_montague wrote:Heh. Be proud. That's what I did after I wrote my Romney/Santorum fanfic.

Whoops said too much.

Uhmmm... eww!
PbP:
[IC] Deep Strike 'Lt' Kamielle Lynn
[IC] Cydonia Rising/Tempest Sonnidezi Stormrage
[IC] Incursion Maiannon Golden Hair
[IC] TdSmR Athen Rourke

"...you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is Kill him."

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

Was that a generic fanfic, or a slashfic? I'm not sure which is worse

javcs

Post by javcs »

fredgiblet wrote:Was that a generic fanfic, or a slashfic? I'm not sure which is worse
Come on, dude. There are some things it is better to not inquire about.

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

javcs wrote:
fredgiblet wrote:Was that a generic fanfic, or a slashfic? I'm not sure which is worse
Come on, dude. There are some things it is better to not inquire about.
It actually wasn't that bad. It ends with *SPOILERS* Newt Gingrich turning into the avatar of Cthulhu, Ron Paul saving the day with his zeppelin, and both Romney and Santorum dropping out of the race. It is also hinted that they engage in consensual but very unChristian activities.

I was going to add an epilogue and post it to deviantArt or something, but I don't have the money for the potential legal fees involved, so...(I mean, American laws on free speech and parody are pretty lax, but I'm pretty sure that Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich could make my life hell if they wanted to. So I won't.)

Back on topic starting now.
My heart stopped.
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination

Sprawl63

Post by Sprawl63 »

ed_montague wrote: My heart stopped.
Mine too. Where's her beard? Thats not right.

Fotiadis_110

Post by Fotiadis_110 »

Looking at those photos, the latter hints she is sharing bad news (possibly related to the previous discussion related to fireblade?), which I would assume she lightens with the brighter first picture of 'well she's forbidden from squashing you into a pancake, unless you show some sign of overt aggression towards one of us, so you are COMPLETELY safe as long as you do what we ask.'

or perhaps she is making more biological enquiries?

Solemn

Post by Solemn »

Sprawl63 wrote:Where's her beard? Thats not right.
...man, I am out of practice.

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

Sprawl63 wrote:
ed_montague wrote: My heart stopped.
Mine too. Where's her beard? Thats not right.
DAMMIT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :evil:
Fotiadis_110 wrote:Looking at those photos, the latter hints she is sharing bad news (possibly related to the previous discussion related to fireblade?), which I would assume she lightens with the brighter first picture of 'well she's forbidden from squashing you into a pancake, unless you show some sign of overt aggression towards one of us, so you are COMPLETELY safe as long as you do what we ask.'

or perhaps she is making more biological enquiries?
"...n-no, Beryl, that's actually completely normal. Human males do that all the time. It's biological or something."
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination

Fotiadis_110

Post by Fotiadis_110 »

'Captain, It has come to my attention that you awaken in a certain... condition each day, and our medical technicians have been concerned that you have failed to attend to it in a manner expected of males of our own race, they are requesting that accommodations be made due to a certain... biological accumulation they have been noting on the scans.
It has even been suggested that some of the relics we have obtained from your ship might hold the key to assisting you. Could you... Um... explain their purpose if not for visual entertainment?'

(yeah, beryl worked out how to use Um properly XD)
Jardins reaction?:
Oh crap they found Pauls stash didn't they? Why did they look behind that bookcase!!

*a few hours later*

'Ahh right, well actually Beryl those are... Um... whats the word in trade again? Food preparation books.... Cookery books, and if you look here you will see a slice of what we call 'cake', this is similar to that 'bread' you gave me, but as a sweet dish like that green prickly fruit you gave me, kinda.'

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

Fotiadis_110 wrote:'Captain, It has come to my attention that you awaken in a certain... condition each day, and our medical technicians have been concerned that you have failed to attend to it in a manner expected of males of our own race, they are requesting that accommodations be made due to a certain... biological accumulation they have been noting on the scans.
It has even been suggested that some of the relics we have obtained from your ship might hold the key to assisting you. Could you... Um... explain their purpose if not for visual entertainment?'

(yeah, beryl worked out how to use Um properly XD)
Jardins reaction?:
Oh crap they found Pauls stash didn't they? Why did they look behind that bookcase!!

*a few hours later*

'Ahh right, well actually Beryl those are... Um... whats the word in trade again? Food preparation books.... Cookery books, and if you look here you will see a slice of what we call 'cake', this is similar to that 'bread' you gave me, but as a sweet dish like that green prickly fruit you gave me, kinda.'
This is a command to expand that post and publish the finish results in the fanfic thread. Because that is just awesome.

Really, Loroi and food...since they don't really do much with fine dining and their views on food consumption are vastly different from human views, I can see how cookbooks could be initially perceived as some sort of perverted alien entertainment. What on earth would they make of us? We make elaborate rituals around the preparing, serving, and eating of food. We pay to subtle nuances in food's taste. We view dinnertime as a social event.

inb4AlexstartsflirtingwithBerylusingfood
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination

Fotiadis_110

Post by Fotiadis_110 »

i'm sorry but i'd have to deny that request as what i desire as a designed outcome is unlikely to work out, because I am not skilled enough with innuendo to do the 'cookery book' justice.

I keep having visions of the book in question having a scantily clad lady holding a delicious slice of chocolate cake... or perhaps this first book being about cookery yes, but then beryl dragging out another book involving a different lady and whipped cream, curiously enquiring what kind of 'cookery book' it was...
Of course this would need a comic drawn to do alex's face justice, just to capture that expression, and then as he tries to uncomfortably explain the book, beryl drags out an atlas of earth and asks what you cook with it as well. :lol:

In fact I can picture a number of such scenarios, and unfortunately for alex, they all go down the slippery slope into 'do not touch' areas that aren't appropreate on a public open forum.
Not that people don't knock on that door often enough around here, I just safely endeavour to steer my imaginings away from it... or at least TRY to.
Maybe someone else might have a go?

(Note: I'm also assuming that beryl says this all straight face, but the smirks on the face of the guards behind Alex show that actually they know what kind of torture they are putting him through, after all, they are more human than we'd ever expect.)

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

Fotiadis_110 wrote:i'm sorry but i'd have to deny that request as what i desire as a designed outcome is unlikely to work out, because I am not skilled enough with innuendo to do the 'cookery book' justice.

I keep having visions of the book in question having a scantily clad lady holding a delicious slice of chocolate cake... or perhaps this first book being about cookery yes, but then beryl dragging out another book involving a different lady and whipped cream, curiously enquiring what kind of 'cookery book' it was...
Of course this would need a comic drawn to do alex's face justice, just to capture that expression, and then as he tries to uncomfortably explain the book, beryl drags out an atlas of earth and asks what you cook with it as well. :lol:

In fact I can picture a number of such scenarios, and unfortunately for alex, they all go down the slippery slope into 'do not touch' areas that aren't appropreate on a public open forum.
Not that people don't knock on that door often enough around here, I just safely endeavour to steer my imaginings away from it... or at least TRY to.
Maybe someone else might have a go?

(Note: I'm also assuming that beryl says this all straight face, but the smirks on the face of the guards behind Alex show that actually they know what kind of torture they are putting him through, after all, they are more human than we'd ever expect.)
Oh, man, you need to write this. If you don't, this world will lose a prime potential humor source. I mean, wow. Maybe it's best if this remains in the realm of the hypothetical so people can imagine all the humorous bits, but...

You know, if this topic doesn't get anything written about it by the time I wake up tomorrow (which is going to be some time around 4 PM Coordinated Universal Time), I'm taking a shot at it. Because I can.

And I am very sorry for asking, but why on earth would Alex be "unfortunate" in these scenarios? ;)

...mind you, I can imagine Loroi warriors shaking their heads in disbelief that any species could ever muster the power to cook an entire planet...
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination

fredgiblet

Post by fredgiblet »

She looks happy.

discord

Post by discord »

fireblade is by default happy it is the introduction of other existence that keep pestering her that annoys her, it is not good to be other existence.

ed_montague

Post by ed_montague »

She'd look even more intimidating with a beard.

oh God what am I saying
Ensign Jardin is my name
And Terra is my nation
The stars my destination

Michael

Post by Michael »

Let alone eat it
CJ Miller: How many millions must be banned before we stop having pointless arguments on the Internet?
fredgiblet: ALL OF THEM! Our banhammers will blot out the sun!
CptWinters: Then we will troll in the shade.!

Count Casimir

Post by Count Casimir »

FB, you are the prettiest princess.
Ashrain is best rain.